Montecito / Sonoma / Carmel Pricing

[quote author="graceomalley"]Take the Monterey program and make them all detached homes below the Coronado segmentation. Price them at the low 500's. That is the biggest segment of the market.[/quote]

Grace...sounds like you might have looked into Monterey a bit? Did you like what you saw? I've been meaning to get over to tour Monterey for almost a week and have not had the time --- hopefully tomorrow at lunch will have some time. Based on the floorplan and pricing, the Plan 3 looks interesting to me. Any specific thoughts or feedback on that project?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ck"]I find the price overlap of Montecito Plan 2 and 3 and Sonoma Plan 1 to be strange. If somebody told me I had $800k to spend and could pick one of these three models, there would be no question. But I guess others must prefer a motorcourt. [/quote]I actually had that discussion with my wife. Although she doesn't like the motorcourt, she does like the extra bedroom downstairs at Montecito and I found this weird... but she likes the Montecito/Carmel area better than the Sonoma one.

Also, there was confirmation that Mello Roos got bought down because all 3 areas were quoting something like $5000 per year for a 1.6% rate as opposed to 1.9% before. Still... an extra $450 in taxes per month is significant.

And all 3 showed Solds on every early phase... but I they do have availability in upcoming ones so I don't think it's selling as hot as they like to display.

EDIT: Need to make sure I quote so my response doesn't seem out of context.

And I agree with BK about the exteriors... very plain Jane. Don't know what else you can do with that... if I had to choose one, it would be with the stone or brick exterior.... the stucco is just too... stucco-ey.[/quote]

The sellers tend to show the upcoming homes in the display about a week or two before they are released. Once they are released the sold pins get placed within the week.

In Sonoma they had some trouble selling, plan one with Monterey elevation. Also they have one 8000 sqft lot against Sand Canyon that was still available last time I looked.

Also, for the Carmel pricing, you have to add 20K for a conservatory in plan 2 - there is no room for a dinning table if you don't.

[quote author="nytransplant"] Also they have one 8000 sqft lot against Sand Canyon that was still available last time I looked. [/quote]

Yah, the 8000 sqft Plan 3 backing Sand Canyon (ugh!) was still available on Sunday when I visited. Looks like that one is having a hard time selling...anyone have the price for that lot?

[quote author="nytransplant"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I actually had that discussion with my wife. Although she doesn't like the motorcourt, she does like the extra bedroom downstairs at Montecito and I found this weird... but she likes the Montecito/Carmel area better than the Sonoma one.

Also, there was confirmation that Mello Roos got bought down because all 3 areas were quoting something like $5000 per year for a 1.6% rate as opposed to 1.9% before. Still... an extra $450 in taxes per month is significant.

And all 3 showed Solds on every early phase... but I they do have availability in upcoming ones so I don't think it's selling as hot as they like to display.

EDIT: Need to make sure I quote so my response doesn't seem out of context.

And I agree with BK about the exteriors... very plain Jane. Don't know what else you can do with that... if I had to choose one, it would be with the stone or brick exterior.... the stucco is just too... stucco-ey.[/quote]

The sellers tend to show the upcoming homes in the display about a week or two before they are released. Once they are released the sold pins get placed within the week.

In Sonoma they had some trouble selling, plan one with Monterey elevation. Also they have one 8000 sqft lot against Sand Canyon that was still available last time I looked.

Also, for the Carmel pricing, you have to add 20K for a conservatory in plan 2 - there is no room for a dinning table if you don't.
[/quote]

What were they smoking the 2nd biggest plan of the entire 2010 Collection can't fit a dining table in the standard plan.

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]Take the Monterey program and make them all detached homes below the Coronado segmentation. Price them at the low 500's. That is the biggest segment of the market.[/quote]

Grace...sounds like you might have looked into Monterey a bit? Did you like what you saw? I've been meaning to get over to tour Monterey for almost a week and have not had the time --- hopefully tomorrow at lunch will have some time. Based on the floorplan and pricing, the Plan 3 looks interesting to me. Any specific thoughts or feedback on that project? [/quote]

Other than window conflicts the plan 2 and 3 are about the best plans of the entire 2010 Collection. The models are deceiving because the front doors face a park where many production units face each other along a mew.

Monterey location is questionable because of the water tank. In 1998 a Water tank in Westminster ruptured. The water damaged and destroyed all homes surrounded the tank. Some of the rebuilt homes faced high insurance premium because of the potential risk.

An affordable project will be next to the toll road off ramp and Monterey. This location to me is quite vulnerable due to many entrances and quick getaway to freeway on ramps. If I want to rob or burglarize homes I would pick this location. There are discreet parking along the tank and just walk across the street with a pillow case.

In the future I can even ride my bike and disappear into the Great park via the bridge behind Palm Club.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

Other than window conflicts the plan 2 and 3 are about the best plans of the entire 2010 Collection. The models are deceiving because the front doors face a park where many production units face each other along a mew.[/quote]

Thank you....I am definitely going to check it out.

IR2....There were a few posts about Monterey in this thread. If you have time could those be split out into a separate thread? I know there are a couple of folks on this board who have interest in that community, and probably worthy of its own discussion space. Thanks!

Other than window conflicts the plan 2 and 3 are about the best plans of the entire 2010 Collection. The models are deceiving because the front doors face a park where many production units face each other along a mew.[/quote]
Are you talking about Sonoma or Monterey?

CK asked about Monterey but I think you referring to Sonoma because they are the only ones that face a park. But it's understandable... they all seem very similar, I was commenting on this last weekend... they use the same light switches, laundry room sinks, bathtubs... etc.

EDIT: Never mind... I'm talking about Montecito, not Monterey. I haven't even seen Monterey yet.

[quote author="graceomalley"]What were they smoking the 2nd biggest plan of the entire 2010 Collection can't fit a dining table in the standard plan. [/quote]
You could fit one in... you just can't have as big a couch as they do in the Great Room.

I think they should have kept the nook as a nook to demonstrated what the space could be without the ConvRoom but I guess they want to sell that profit-making option.

it is much more complicated than forcing a table between the living and kitchen. The TV wall is the back of a 20' wide garage and the window to the yard behind the couch is centered on the garage wall. Furnishing would be too awkward if reduced by not relating to the window. Dining area would be half over the garage wall and half over the entry foyer. The opening shot from the front door will be seeing 1/2 of a table. The dining area has no window.

I hope Cantaloop did not buy this plan. There is no consideration for furnishing at all. For $1m there is no dining room assuming the Coach bag issue goes away on the exterior.

Monterey location is questionable because of the water tank. In 1998 a Water tank in Westminster ruptured. The water damaged and destroyed all homes surrounded the tank. Some of the rebuilt homes faced high insurance premium because of the potential risk.

An affordable project will be next to the toll road off ramp and Monterey. This location to me is quite vulnerable due to many entrances and quick getaway to freeway on ramps. If I want to rob or burglarize homes I would pick this location. There are discreet parking along the tank and just walk across the street with a pillow case.

In the future I can even ride my bike and disappear into the Great park via the bridge behind Palm Club.

[/quote]

You know, we really do need some sort of thanks functionality here. Everything you just mentioned are things that a doofus like me would NEVER notice --- or block out because they were blinded by pretty granite, stainless steel, and maybe some Pottery Barn furniture. But again, here you go enlightening us. Thank you, Grace.

This is the benefit of of master planning by minipulating schedules. Build the impressive things first and and build the negative things last after residents had all moved in.

An affordable project will always be built last in a community eventhough the exterior will be the same quality and spec level as Carmel. It has been stressed that one should not be able to tell by the exterior.

Is that off ramp next to monterey actually functional!!!.

The open section next to the pool (Jasmine park) and the toll area is where the next phases of IVY development going to come up.

The water tank issue is very interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Pretty much entire monterey/most of cornado/ lots of santa cruz will be effected if this were to happen.

[quote author="ck"]

[/quote]

You know, we really do need some sort of thanks functionality here. Everything you just mentioned are things that a doofus like me would NEVER notice --- or block out because they were blinded by pretty granite, stainless steel, and maybe some Pottery Barn furniture. But again, here you go enlightening us. Thank you, Grace.[/quote]

Here is my wish pricing for these neighborhoods (I posted in another thread that Sonoma Plan 2 should be $750k so I might as well do the whole shebang):

Montecito
Plan 1: 3+den/2.5, 2156sft from $739,000 $650,000
Plan 2: 4/3, 2308sft from $779,000 $695,000
Plan 3: 4/3, 2336sft from $807,000 $710,000

Sonoma
Plan 1: 3/2.5, 2365sft from $765,200 $725,000
Plan 2: 4/3, 2463sft from $820,500 $749,000
Plan 3: 4/3, 2635sft from $875,600 $795,000

Carmel:
Plan 1: 4/4, 2625sft from $900,050 $830,000
Plan 2: 4/4, 2630sft from $932,500 $840,000
Plan 3: 4/4, 3050sft from $990,000 $895,000

Both Montecito and Sonoma and Carmel Plan 1/2 are over $300/sft. Only Plan 3 is below $300/sft and that's more because I don't think you should pay more than $900k for those houses.

So you think TIC will hire me to do their pricing? I actually think this was closer (although lower) to their original pricing before they jacked it up because on the IHB, this is what I originally posted based on their website:

2 - Montecito
Brookfield Homes
2,156 - 2,336 Sq. Ft.
From the High $600,000's

3 - Sonoma
TRI Pointe Homes
2,350 - 2,622 Sq. Ft.
From the High $700,000's

4 - Carmel
The New Home Company
2,616 - 3,046 Sq. Ft.
From the High $800,000's
Even at their original prices, those were more reasonable than what they have now.

It was all you stupid sheeple who can't wait and have no patient and must be first in line to sign up for the pre=qualification to the slaughter house and talked about it here at TI that how unlucky you were by signing up too late at 9:01 am. That gave the developer the assuring signal to raise at least $100k over the initial projected price.

The website was there to test the water and it worked brilliantly (Tom, if you are reading this you are brilliant!). I am just laughing now how you sheeple screwed up this mental price poke game so badly.

I could have save you that $100k but you did not listen!

I gave you the cheat sheet and you still failed the exam.

Stop whining. You wrote you own destiny.

Uhhh.....there are some people (like me) that really needed to buy soon after either waiting or renting for a long time. I needed to sign up on the Priority list. Whether or not it was a trick by TIC, I needed to sign up because I needed to buy. I had no choice.

[quote author="mikeirvine"]I think if people redo the exam again .... they will all fail badly....
I think next time people will sign up even earlier and the developer will be even happier ......

So lesson learn, next time sign up earlier than FCB. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I think the problem is the people with cash want to live in Irvine and the problems is with the rich not the poor always.

[/quote]

LOL

[quote author="ajw522"]Uhhh.....there are some people (like me) that really needed to buy soon after either waiting or renting for a long time. I needed to sign up on the Priority list. Whether or not it was a trick by TIC, I needed to sign up because I needed to buy. I had no choice.[/quote]

After your first post I drew two conclusions about you.

1. You are a desperate Asian home shopper because your action fit the stereotype totally.
2. If not then you must be an TIC troll.

Back