MLS Irvine Closed Sales since 1/1/2006

<strong>Updated MLS Irvine Closed Sales through <span style="color: red;">April 2009</span></strong>.

(previous years are at tabs at the bottom)

I show 127 closings for April, resale.

As a refresher:

<strong>Yellow</strong> is still unconfirmed (no data reported yet)

<strong>Blue</strong> is "suspicious" even though it is recorded.

<strong>Green</strong> is confirmed.

Thank you and good luck,

IR2

P.S. Closed lease info has been updated through April, as well. :)

P.P.S. Info on # of garage spaces sold separately.

i am working on a little re-modeling, hopefully will be done in a week or so. once done, will import all the latest data.

irvinetrends.com

<strong>Updated MLS Irvine Closed Sales through <span style="color: red;">May 2009</span></strong>.

I show 184 closings for May, resale.

As a refresher:

Closed lease info has been updated through May, as well. 199 MLS leases, down to $1.55/sqft. average.

Thank you and good luck,

-IR2

<strong>Updated MLS Irvine Closed Sales through <span style="color: red;">June 2009</span></strong>.

- I show 192 closings for June, resale (6.4/day).

- Mortgage info has been updated through April, and I will get to May/June when time allows.

- June median price for Irvine is in at $580K, up from $550K in May.

As a refresher:

Closed lease info has been updated through June, as well. 220 MLS leases, holding firm at $1.55/sqft. average.

Thank you as always,

-IR2

^^^ Had to get the triple thanks in while I can. I have inside info that loophole is going to be fixed. Need to get in the free multi-thanks in before the thanks to post ratio drops for some of posters with a high thank count ratio.

Seeing that lease info makes me feel very good about my lease renewal. I re-upped at $1.25/sf whereas the average lease rate in June for units in my neighborhood is at $1.385/sf.

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1209943991]It's already been said on here many, many, many, many times before. Rich Chinese buy homes with cash. But all you doom and gloomers did not believe.</blockquote>

It has been over a year... care to prove your prediction correct with some stats that prove there were more "Rich Chinese" cash buyers compared to the year before on percentage terms? If you are really in the industry, then you have access to the data, and you can prove it to be true, er false. Otherwise, since I have access to the same data... I could prove it to be wrong. What say ye IHBers?... Do you want to know the truth, or let the troll post mythical and highly suspect anecdotal evidence?

<strong>Updated MLS Irvine Closed Sales through <span style="color: red;">July 2009</span></strong>.

- I show 188 closings for July, resale (6.06/day).

- Mortgage info has been updated through May. Still averaging 44% down payments.

- July median price for Irvine is in at $550K, back down from $580K in June.

As a refresher:

Closed lease info has been updated through July, as well. 265 leases, again holding firm at $1.55/sqft. average.

Some additional floorplans have been added (all of Westpark I and II) and placeholders for the rest are in...

I hope to get one or two neighborhoods added this month. PM for priority requests.

Thank you,

-IR2

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1249902762]

</blockquote>

For the 30 days ending 7/28, I see 150 Notices of Defaults in Irvine. (5.0/day).

If not cured, these will go to auction in November...

Thanks for the update. It looks like a lot of work getting all the floor plans up. Is there any way we can help out such as locating them online or anything? I like to use your site often to look up floor plans as it is the most comprehensive and user-friendly since they are listed alphabetically.

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1249965587]I still can't believe that people have that much cash left for the huge downpayments!</blockquote>

Something occured to me. When the stock market was crashing, a lot of people moved their portfollios to all-cash. I wonder if some of them said, what the heck, let's buy something real (a house) with that money.

Irvine realtor thanks for the effort to put together this list..

One very curious question. When I visited Portola springs in May.

I like few plans in Paloma tract and one plan in Manzanita tract. I was told

that paloma current phase had just sold out the week before. I was told that

next phase was coming up in early june. But never heard about it or recieved

any emails. So when i enquired I was told the new phase came and got sold

except the plan 1X or something.

Based on that there should be atleast 4-5 sales for paloma tract that should

have happened between june & july. but the only listing i see in your spread sheet

is a sale on 5/14 for the one of the plans that I had liked.

Just curious.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1249902762]<strong>Updated MLS Irvine Closed Sales through <span style="color: red;">July 2009</span></strong>.

- Mortgage info has been updated through May. Still averaging 44% down payments.

- July median price for Irvine is in at $550K, back down from $580K in June.

As a refresher:

Closed lease info has been updated through July, as well. 265 leases, again holding firm at $1.55/sqft. average.

Some additional floorplans have been added (all of Westpark I and II) and placeholders for the rest are in...

I hope to get one or two neighborhoods added this month. PM for priority requests.

Thank you,

-IR2</blockquote>

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1249965587]I still can't believe that people have that much cash left for the huge downpayments!</blockquote>

I wonder if Irvine has a much higher downpayment % versus other orange county cities. If so, this could simply mean Irvine is viewed as "best of breed" and is attracting most of the people who have the cash to make huge downpayments. This flight to quality could explain why prices in Irvine are holding up so much better than anywhere else. Anyone have any info on this?

[quote author="witin4ever" date=1249977262]Irvine realtor thanks for the effort to put together this list..

One very curious question. When I visited Portola springs in May.

I like few plans in Paloma tract and one plan in Manzanita tract. I was told

that paloma current phase had just sold out the week before. I was told that

next phase was coming up in early june. But never heard about it or recieved

any emails. So when i enquired I was told the new phase came and got sold

except the plan 1X or something.

Based on that there should be atleast 4-5 sales for paloma tract that should

have happened between june & july. but the only listing i see in your spread sheet

is a sale on 5/14 for the one of the plans that I had liked.

Just curious.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1249902762]Updated <strong>MLS</strong> Irvine Closed Sales through July 2009</blockquote></blockquote>

Hello w4e,

Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad it goes to good use. The data set is limited to closings that go through the MLS. Many/most new build homes do not register there, and go unreported in my chart.

-IR2

[quote author="rtlguru" date=1249979140][quote author="freedomCM" date=1249965587]I still can't believe that people have that much cash left for the huge downpayments!</blockquote>

I wonder if Irvine has a much higher downpayment % versus other orange county cities. If so, this could simply mean Irvine is viewed as "best of breed" and is attracting most of the people who have the cash to make huge downpayments. This flight to quality could explain why prices in Irvine are holding up so much better than anywhere else. Anyone have any info on this?</blockquote>
The average down payment for the 38 homes sold for $1,000,000 and above in Coto de Caza for the first seven months of 2009 is 39%.

Back