Midterm Elections

What?s up w all the voter scare and intimidation tactics in these repub controlled states  that are polling tight ?

Border Patrol is doing a ?crowd control exercise? in an El Paso Latino neighborhood on Election Day. Nothing to see here, I?m sure.

What are these bullies so insecure about tonight

And then you have the spectacle of Sean Hannity from Fox ?News? on stage w Trump the whole day and then pointing to actual news reporters and calling them fake !

the MAGA rally crowd is beyond deplorable at this stage . Maybe need to coin a new word in the dictionary for them

Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:
There's more to politics than casting a ballot. That's easy, and lazy. The political and policy conversations you have with friends, family, and places like TI, matter. I have a friend or two who believe the ends justifies the means. I do not. I don't speak to them too much any more. Sad, but you are the company you keep, and the people you defend. Choose wisely.

What I have observed is you checking out, both here and on OCHN.  When you do show up, you're not really trying.  On the rare occasions when you do attempt a serious argument, like on the gun control thread, you'll disappear at the first sign of opposition.  To me, that is the easy way out.  If you end friendships because your friends don't see the world like you, then that to me is lazy.

I personally have friends on both fringes and everywhere in between.  The majority are probably moderate democrats.  If I think I can persuade somebody, or at least give them food for thought, I will engage.  If not, I'll just continue being friends unless they are somehow rude or in my face about it.

It's not about removing myself from folks with whom I have policy disagreements. It's about ending conversations with folks whose politics ignore policy, facts, truth, science, logic, reason, and sensible decorum, regardless of their political leanings.

These types of folks grew very loud and angry during the Great Recession, especially directing their anger against the Fed (incorrectly predicting hyper inflation). They then latched onto Trump, directing their anger at everyone.

Hopefully there's a loud repudiation of this behavior today. It's not acceptable.

speaking of voter suppression and manipulation

MSNBC Puts Florida Governor Race Vote-Total Graphic Onscreen A Wee Bit Early

msnbc-florida-governors-race.jpg

It?s the kind of goof that the folks who scream about ?fake news? likely will scream about. MSNBC this evening briefly put a graphic onscreen that showed ?vote counts? for the Florida gubernatorial race ? you know, the one being held tomorrow.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/msnbc-graphic-mistake-florida-governor-race-1202496555/

fortune11 said:
And then you have the spectacle of Sean Hannity from Fox ?News? on stage w Trump the whole day and then pointing to actual news reporters and calling them fake !

the MAGA rally crowd is beyond deplorable at this stage . Maybe need to coin a new word in the dictionary for them

so many deplorable people singing amazing grace together

Crowd at Trump rally sings 'Amazing Grace' after woman collapses

The crowd at President Donald Trump?s rally in Missouri on Monday evening began singing "Amazing Grace" after a woman collapsed and needed medical attention.

Trump paused his rally for roughly five minutes after asking the audience to say a prayer as emergency responders made their way to the woman.

"Is there a doctor in the house, please? Doctor? Please. Thank you," the president said while pointing to the woman in the crowd, according to The Hill.

As the woman received medical treatment, the crowd of thousands broke out into song.

"That was beautiful," Trump said after resuming his spot behind the podium. ?Hopefully she?ll be OK.?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crowd-at-trump-rally-sings-amazing-grace-after-woman-collpases

Mimi Walters has done absolutely nothing for w-2 employees like me and has only hurt us w the tax bill.

Voting her out - we will see if there are many others like that tonight

Early reports seem to be high turnouts, someone just told me it took him an hour to vote because of all the people there.

I'll see what it's like later today.

Then we go back to the President Trump thread?  That is what i pledged 6 months ago there, to not post till after the midterm elections.

fortune11 said:
Mimi Walters has done absolutely nothing for w-2 employees like me and has only hurt us w the tax bill.

Voting her out - we will see if there are many others like that tonight

Well, that's the problem with selling this temporary[/i ]tax change. You don't really know how much this tax change affects you. Your withholding may have changed in early 2018, however nominally, but that's not completely accurate. The only way you'll have a decent indication of how the temporary tax changes affect you, is by entering your 2018 info in 2017 tax software. Who's gonna do this? I will, but who else?

morekaos said:
Then we go back to the President Trump thread?  That is what i pledged 6 months ago there, to not post till after the midterm elections.

The Investigation thread should heat up very soon.

Kings said:
Perspective said:
There's more to politics than casting a ballot. That's easy, and lazy. The political and policy conversations you have with friends, family, and places like TI, matter. I have a friend or two who believe the ends justifies the means. I do not. I don't speak to them too much any more. Sad, but you are the company you keep, and the people you defend. Choose wisely.

so, do you consider those friends racists?

You tell me how you identify someone as a "racist," and I'll tell you whether these friends qualify.

Completely setting aside the Kavanaugh clusterfark issue, curious about our US Senate race. I've not seen much info here in this thread about it. Anyone voting for DiFi to keep the ranking member in the Senate and maintain status quo, or are people looking to flush out the old and vote for Kevin de Leon?

Full disclosure - It time for DiFi to move on IMHO, even though KdL is as radical a leftist as you can get.

Still, I'd like to read up on what the group think on this is.

My .02c

fortune11 said:
I will post here properly after the midterm results as I said before

But those claiming to know about deficits and how trump is doing a better job on this front may want to rethink their pronouncements or take it back before I rip it apart with logic and leave you no place to hide.

as I have done several times before with such half-a? statements on this forum :)

I have to agree, your cut-and-paste skills are second to none.  Everybody was shocked by how effectively you typed "What is USMCA?" into Google, clicked on the first result, and hit CTRL-C and then CTRL-V.  That was the post paste that literally broke the Internet, and people on social media be like "wut jus happened?" for days after that.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Trump never labeled the MAGA bomber as domestic terrorism. Also, Cesar wasn?t charge with terrorism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/574147/

Is this a Conflict of interest because he supported MAGA?

Still no answer why the low life didn?t get charge with terrorsim?

Did they charge clock boy with terrorism?  No, they gave him an award. 

The answer to your question is making something that looks like a bomb qualifies as a terroristic threat, but it's not an act of terrorism. 

He's still going to jail for 48 years if convicted, which effectively is a life sentence for him.

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Trump never labeled the MAGA bomber as domestic terrorism. Also, Cesar wasn?t charge with terrorism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/574147/

Is this a Conflict of interest because he supported MAGA?

Still no answer why the low life didn?t get charge with terrorsim?

Did they charge clock boy with terrorism?  No, they gave him an award. 

Hold the bleep up! Are you comparing the clock boy to Cesar the Maga bomber?

Perspective said:
Kings said:
Perspective said:

so, do you consider those friends racists?

You tell me how you identify someone as a "racist," and I'll tell you whether these friends qualify.

This is Perspective lawyering at his best.  Let me translate ~ the answer is "YES".

Back