Midterm Elections

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Famous author Stephen King twitter account: The ads say President Trump is delivering results. He's also delivering hate speech, a pack of lies, and a national debt that's going to crush our grandchildren.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bdd4901e4b04367a87cbf5e/amp

Has anybody ever read Stephen King's novels? 

Prolific use of the n-word, misogyny galore, child orgies.  This guy is not qualified to criticize others' speech.

Not qualified to talk about the soaring deficit?

Not really.  This is a guy that peddles in fantasy.

So the deficit decreased or increases with Trump?

Barack Obama called me telling me to vote for Katie Porter.

I don't know how he got my number but caller ID says he uses 714 area code.

Will Trump hit me up?

Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:
Liar Loan said:

If I understand your ad hominem correctly, I need to seek help because I'm able to identify Trump's lies and mock them. Hmm, exactly what kind of help is needed?

There's the old Perspective! ~ Bringing up logical fallacies.

The problem, as I see it, is having known you a number of years online, there is the hinged Perspective of 3+ years ago that used to make grounded, centrist arguments that, although I found them a bit wishy-washy at times, were based on logic, a belief in civility, and abhorrence of extremism (on both sides).

Unfortunately, ever since it became clear that Trump was going to win the (R) nomination in late 2015, you have transformed into the guy whose arguments are anti-logic, and instead rely on an over-the-top emotional-visceral reaction to everything remotely Trump- or gun- or bigotry- related.  You no longer worry about logical fallacies committed by others and instead engage in them yourself in nearly every post you make.

So, for instance, Maxine Waters has a history of bailing out her husband's bank with taxpayer funds.  That kind of shows she's not a good steward of finances on multiple levels.  She also more recently called for violence against Republicans, then tried to back away by saying what she said didn't mean what it meant.  She also routinely calls for Trump's impeachment with no evidence of an impeachable offense being committed.  She's not really a quality politician, you know?  So in my mind that means she's open for criticism.

Your position seems to be that because she's black, she should be immune from criticism.  Isn't that patronizing?  You also say that Reps are racists, but you yourself are a Republican that has presumably backed many of the same people that you now deem to be racist.  Isn't that a straight self-pwn?  I mean you did misidentify the MAGA-bomber as a fat, old, white dude, so there is some kind of racism in your soul, but the old you would have tried to rise above it and hold yourself to a higher standard.  So what happened?

Exactly how is Waters going to be in control of our country's finances? That's what Trump suggested. Why is she his target?

I speculated who the MAGABomber would be, and identified it as speculation. He's half white, fat, bald, but clean-shaven. I think the mini-man-pony compensates for the bearded speculation.

irvinehomeowner said:
Barack Obama called me telling me to vote for Katie Porter.

I don't know how he got my number but caller ID says he uses 714 area code.

Will Trump hit me up?

No. He did Californians dirty.

I know Reps are tired of hearing about racism, and being accused of racism so frequently. The solution is, to stop saying and doing such racist things. Pretty simple, no?

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Famous author Stephen King twitter account: The ads say President Trump is delivering results. He's also delivering hate speech, a pack of lies, and a national debt that's going to crush our grandchildren.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bdd4901e4b04367a87cbf5e/amp

Has anybody ever read Stephen King's novels? 

Prolific use of the n-word, misogyny galore, child orgies.  This guy is not qualified to criticize others' speech.

Not qualified to talk about the soaring deficit?

Not really.  This is a guy that peddles in fantasy.

So the deficit decreased or increases with Trump?

The deficit / GDP increased slightly from 3.1% to 3.4% in Trump's first year, but it's still much lower than Obama's average deficit / GDP of 5.7% over 8 years. 

Where was Stephen King during Obama's term?  Binging on coke?

Perspective said:
Exactly how is Waters going to be in control of our country's finances? That's what Trump suggested. Why is she his target?

I speculated who the MAGABomber would be, and identified it as speculation. He's half white, fat, bald, but clean-shaven. I think the mini-man-pony compensates for the bearded speculation.

Maxine Waters would become chair of the House Financial Services committee, which oversees the financial services industry, including securities, insurance, banking, and housing.

The point about the MAGA bomber is you engaged in the exact type of racial stereotyping that you claim is bigotry when others engage in it.

Perspective said:
I know Reps are tired of hearing about racism, and being accused of racism so frequently. The solution is, to stop saying and doing such racist things. Pretty simple, no?

Well, you are the one that has criticized simple solutions to complex problems in the past.  Strange you abandon that thinking in this instance.

Yet this is a subtle change of subject isn't it?  The topic of conversation was you.  Not Republicans worried about accusations of racism.

Perspective said:
Perspective said:

Donald Trump?s Racism:
The Definitive List
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

So who did you vote for?  Hillary has her own issues with race, as well destroying the lives of Bill's many accusers.

If I could choose an angel to be our leader and get the results we are getting, I would do so, but the choice for President is generally one between two flawed individuals.  (In 2016, they were both highly flawed.)  The problem is that both (D)'s and (R)'s bluffed the American people on immigration for many years, so when somebody came along that actually meant what they said when it came to enforcing immigration law it was a no-brainer for anybody that felt betrayed by prior Presidents on this issue.

A lot of the retired US generals said sending troops to the border were just for optics. The troops were better off training.

Google it if you don?t believe me.

In the meantime, seniors are about to get screwed regarding benefits, Midwest farmers and related companies are taking a hit because of the tarriffs, and no answer for healthcare.

But we can stop the zombies from entering. Lol

There's more to politics than casting a ballot. That's easy, and lazy. The political and policy conversations you have with friends, family, and places like TI, matter. I have a friend or two who believe the ends justifies the means. I do not. I don't speak to them too much any more. Sad, but you are the company you keep, and the people you defend. Choose wisely.

I vote for the least worst candidate in every election. Due to the Electoral College, in CA, my POTUS vote is inconsequential. I left it blank, but I wanted Trump to lose.

Fox News Pulls Racist Trump Ad
Fox News said Monday it has stopped airing the controversial political ad paid for by President Donald Trump?s campaign, which likens members of the Central American migrant caravan to a man convicted of killing police officers in the U.S. https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-pulls-racist-trump-183106378.html

Perspective said:
There's more to politics than casting a ballot. That's easy, and lazy. The political and policy conversations you have with friends, family, and places like TI, matter. I have a friend or two who believe the ends justifies the means. I do not. I don't speak to them too much any more. Sad, but you are the company you keep, and the people you defend. Choose wisely.

so, do you consider those friends racists?

Perspective said:

What I have observed is you checking out, both here and on OCHN.  When you do show up, you're not really trying.  On the rare occasions when you do attempt a serious argument, like on the gun control thread, you'll disappear at the first sign of opposition.  To me, that is the easy way out.  If you end friendships because your friends don't see the world like you, then that to me is lazy.

I personally have friends on both fringes and everywhere in between.  The majority are probably moderate democrats.  If I think I can persuade somebody, or at least give them food for thought, I will engage.  If not, I'll just continue being friends unless they are somehow rude or in my face about it. 

I will post here properly after the midterm results as I said before

But those claiming to know about deficits and how trump is doing a better job on this front may want to rethink their pronouncements or take it back before I rip it apart with logic and leave you no place to hide.

as I have done several times before with such half-a? statements on this forum :)

Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:

What I have observed is you checking out, both here and on OCHN.  When you do show up, you're not really trying.  On the rare occasions when you do attempt a serious argument, like on the gun control thread, you'll disappear at the first sign of opposition.  To me, that is the easy way out.  If you end friendships because your friends don't see the world like you, then that to me is lazy.

I personally have friends on both fringes and everywhere in between.  The majority are probably moderate democrats.  If I think I can persuade somebody, or at least give them food for thought, I will engage.  If not, I'll just continue being friends unless they are somehow rude or in my face about it. 

Reminds me of the article in the LA Times a couple years ago.  The author moved and the new neighbors where wonderful. Great community support etc.  Then they discovered the new neighbors were (gasp) Republicans... 

Back