Midterm Elections

eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:

But your not including the salt cap. I have to ask. Do you live in Cali? ;)

does everyone in the USA live in cali?

Your friend hasn?t respond so I don?t know. You mentioned the toll roads previously. So I believe you live in Cali. (I just had to ask)

i live in the philippines

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
No, tax cuts benefited all. Quit judging things on how it affects the people in your immediate vicinity.  There is more to this country than just Cali.  Just cause you lost your SALT deduction doesn't mean the guy in Nevada didn't get a cut.  Deficits will rise and fall,  This one will shrink eventually,  Obama used to brag he cut deficits when it really fell because the economy was in recession.

Do you even live in California? Or are you in the Phillipines?

Eye, we have had this discussion before. Yes, I live in Cali, Yes, I own a house and Yes, my taxes were cut by this last bill...my CPA ran the numbers last year and it came out to be a pretty good cut. 

Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:

But your not including the salt cap. I have to ask. Do you live in Cali? ;)

does everyone in the USA live in cali?

Your friend hasn?t respond so I don?t know. You mentioned the toll roads previously. So I believe you live in Cali. (I just had to ask)

i live in the philippines

You said it not me.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:
No, tax cuts benefited all. Quit judging things on how it affects the people in your immediate vicinity.  There is more to this country than just Cali.  Just cause you lost your SALT deduction doesn't mean the guy in Nevada didn't get a cut.  Deficits will rise and fall,  This one will shrink eventually,  Obama used to brag he cut deficits when it really fell because the economy was in recession.

Do you even live in California? Or are you in the Phillipines?

Eye, we have had this discussion before. Yes, I live in Cali, Yes, I own a house and Yes, my taxes were cut by this last bill...my CPA ran the numbers last year and it came out to be a pretty good cut. 

What is California going to do about the property tax deduction on state returns? The state does not always follow the federal rules. Are they going to keep the property tax deduction?

This is an old article addressing the question:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/busines...deral-tax-overhaul-will-or-won-t-12477867.php

Kings said:
looks like a tax cut to me!

TAXBRACKETS-2-Single-122617.png

Typical Talk Irvinite income between $200K and $424K?  Tax increase from 33 to 35 even without counting SALT cap?

You won't know what your tax difference is unless you complete your 2018 taxes using the 2017 tax code, and even that won't be completely accurate due to CPI changes in brackets, exemptions, etc.

e.g. Once your 2018 taxes are complete under the new temporary Individual tax changes, enter your 2018 data in TurboTax 2017. That will give you the best indication of your temporary tax change.

The withholding tables were adjusted. The middle class began receiving their nominal net increases and have already forgotten. They're in for a rude awakening if they think they'll be receiving a big tax return in early 2019.

In any event, there's a reason no Reps are touting the tax changes in the mid-terms. It was a permanent massive tax cut for corporations and certain other business activities. It was a nice, albeit temporary, tax cut for the top ~10% of earning households, and a nominal, temporary again, tax cut for the middle class. It will be a tax increase for households with decent income (~$100K-$200K), but large state income tax and property tax bills.

It's difficult to cut the middle class' federal income taxes when they pay so little already, relative to higher earning households.

Kings said:
you can push back all you want, but the vast majority of even california residents will be seeing a tax cut

sRFItpM.png

First it was a flawed tax bracket that compared the tax rates from prior year and current year. Now it?s a map. Give me a break!

Perspective said:
So, do these bombs destroy Freddy's Little Boy Failure's "angry Democrat mob" trope?

No. 

Megyn Kelly yesterday made a comment about thinking someone was showing respect to Diana Ross for Halloween by dressing up like her and darkening her face and she got pounded for 'pro blackface' comments.

That's just fuel for the fire.  Facts mean nothing.  They say Government is stealing their money.  You ask if they want to go back to the 1970s smog and they reply that the air still looks brown when flying in.  They post pictures of 'Ford' with Bill Clinton saying it's a fix and you point out the women is really the Senator from New York and they reply "So what, he's still a creep'.

They have faith.  Facts are irrelevant.

This whole thing smells fishy.  What idiot who is smart enough to create functioning mail bombs, would mail them to prominent Dems thinking they might actually open them, with the return address of Debbie Wasserman Schults? So close to an election...this thing doesn't pass any smell test. I'm not making any accusations or assumptions but it does seem off.

morekaos said:
This whole thing smells fishy.  What idiot who is smart enough to create functioning mail bombs, would mail them to prominent Dems thinking they might actually open them, with the return address of Debbie Wasserman Schults? So close to an election...this thing doesn't pass any smell test. I'm not making any accusations or assumptions but it does seem off.

If they hand delivered them, there are cameras.

If they sent them thru the mail with a label, those are traceable to whoever purchased the label (has to be a credit card if purchased at the Automated machines or online) or cash at the window but again there are cameras.

If they used their own postage, they have to take them to the window if they are over 13 ounces and again there are cameras.

And do I believe that soros as an unlocked mailbox by the side of the road? LOL!!!!

Smells like a never trumper's ploy to make us think it's from the right.

Prediction: In the next 24 hours, Trump will read a grudging, scripted condemnation of people trying to bomb his political enemies.

In the day or two after that, he'll get before a crowd and dismiss the whole thing as a hoax that shows why electing Democrats would be a disaster.

Back