Mendocino and Saragota in Stonegate

blitzjs said:
How are Maricopa 1's selling?  I remember we looked at a couple of phases and the only ones that were selling were plan 1's.  Maybe they feel it was underpriced  ???
All but one sold out
Plan 1 was selling relatively well not because it was underpriced (never for TIC) but because it was the lowest priced new SFR w/ real driveway, other than Las Ventanas at Potty Spring

irvine123searching said:
So homes in Saragota are single-family homes? Do they have driveway?

Single-Family Homes
Approx. 1,907 to 2,181 Sq. Ft.
4 Bedrooms, 3 to 4 Baths
From the High $600,000?s
Saratoga does not have its own driveway, but you don't share driveway w/ your neighbors like other TIC motorhomes.

It's interesting that Mendocino homes are narrower than Maricopa by about 8 ft.  If 3 ft to the side wall was ever granted, Mendocino homes, at least for Plans 1 and 2, are about 12 ft narrower than Maricopa in overall.  Looking at the village map, the layout for Mendocino is almost the same as Maricopa with two loops.  The overall size of Mendocino site is the same as Maricopa.  So I think that TIC packed in more homes at Mendocino than Maricopa and therefore the lot size should be smaller.
Charge the same price per sq ft of living space but on a smaller lot
Great idea, TIC!

Irvine_Dreamer said:
It's interesting that Mendocino homes are narrower than Maricopa by about 8 ft.  If 3 ft to the side wall was ever granted, Mendocino homes, at least for Plans 1 and 2, are about 12 ft narrower than Maricopa in overall.  Looking at the village map, the layout for Mendocino is almost the same as Maricopa with two loops.  The overall size of Mendocino site is the same as Maricopa.  So I think that TIC packed in more homes at Mendocino than Maricopa and therefore the lot size should be smaller.
Charge the same price per sq ft for smaller lot
Great idea, TIC!
They are seeing how far they can push buyers before the buyers decide to push back.

blitzjs said:
How are Maricopa 1's selling?  I remember we looked at a couple of phases and the only ones that were selling were plan 1's.  Maybe they feel it was underpriced  ???

Plans 1 and 3 are moving because both present tremendous value...plan 2 is a bit over priced for a shade of 2500 sq ft and there are even a few quick move-ins available.  I think Maricopa is almost all sold-out too, probably about 6-8 unit +models left

I've become a big fan of all bedrooms having their own attached bathroom.  At this point it's almost a must for me.  Give me a 4 bed/4.5 bath please, or a 5 bed/5.5 bath if I can swing the coin.

OCgasman said:
I've become a big fan of all bedrooms having their own attached bathroom.  At this point it's almost a must for me.  Give me a 4 bed/4.5 bath please, or a 5 bed/5.5 bath if I can swing the coin.

Yes! A 4/4.5 for me too- if you find one, let me know as well. That WILL make me move. And no great room.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm wary of too many bathrooms on the 2nd floor... too many things can go wrong (esp because I like laundries upstairs).
You worry too much.  There's a 3CWG, 4bed/4.5bath 3000 sq ft on a 7000 sq ft lot out there with your name on it.  Actually, it would have my name on it too.

OCgasman said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm wary of too many bathrooms on the 2nd floor... too many things can go wrong (esp because I like laundries upstairs).
You worry too much.  There's a 3CWG, 4bed/4.5bath 3000 sq ft on a 7000 sq ft lot out there with your name on it.  Actually, it would have my name on it too.

Are you sure you weren't looking for listings in Corona? 909 949...same difference, right?

The Motor Court Company said:
Looks like the grand opening is September.http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...unces-Neighborhoods-Popular-Village-Stonegate

At least TIC is copying something from TNHC:
Plan 3 of Medocino and plan 2 of Saratoga the bedrooms are all suites.

I expect TIC to copy Grove plan 2 in either OH or un-developed areas of SG.

How much can one developer copy a floorplan from another developer? Aren't these floorplans copyrighted? If so, how much of a change would qualify as a significant difference? Certainly, TNHC can't copyright guest houses, but I suspect that such a unique floorplan in Grove 2, with the loggia and the courtyard as the center of the home, would have to have a significant difference in the home itself not to qualify as the same. Anyone know more info on this?

The latest email blast says the Sales Galleries will be open September 8. Not sure if the models will be open by then... and Mendocino still says "Low $800k"... bleh.

The Motor Court Company said:
it is already broker welcome  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
The latest email blast says the Sales Galleries will be open September 8. Not sure if the models will be open by then... and Mendocino still says "Low $800k"... bleh.
They'll probably offer $15k in broker co-ops for Saragota and $20k in broker co-ops for Mendocino.

I still can't believe TIC is going to start Mendocino out at the low $800ks.

What are they using to justify that? Square footage is smaller than Maricopa... and even the lots may be... it's baffliing. Is it because it's more "interior"?

I dunno... sounds like price fixing to me... esp with WL trying to command $900k for the same-sized homes (they are at the grading phase BTW).

Brand new is nice... but even with low inventory... resale is the better value.

irvinehomeowner said:
I still can't believe TIC is going to start Mendocino out at the low $800ks.

What are they using to justify that? Square footage is smaller than Maricopa... and even the lots may be... it's baffliing. Is it because it's more "interior"?

I dunno... sounds like price fixing to me... esp with WL trying to command $900k for the same-sized homes (they are at the grading phase BTW).

Brand new is nice... but even with low inventory... resale is the better value.
The reason they are doing that is because of the low re-sale inventory and the resulting strong sales at Maricopa....especially the Plan 1s.  They'll keep pushing the bar higher (in the bad sense for buyers) to see how much more they can charge while offering less (SF and/or lot size).  Until the buyers vote with their wallets and say enough is enough, they'll keep pushing further and further.  Don't be surprised if we see 2,500sf motorcourt homes starting around $1m if this keeps up. 

Back