Mendocino and Saragota in Stonegate

Off topic: yes, i experienced the blackout last night in PS. I looked up the outage on Southern California Edison and found for my zipcode about 4500 units were affected. I think it came back on within 30 minutes or so.

I did see people walking around the park with flashlights which freaked me out at first.

The Motor Court Company said:
Stonegate - village of duplication

off topic:
any Stonegate residents felt the total black out last night? the whole villages went dark and I thought that could be it and was peeking outside my window anticipating waves of zombies to show up

Yup, it was a little surreal how dark it got.  With technologies these days, I was still on my iPhone, checking SCE's outage map, Twitter feeds, etc to get the latest status.  5 years ago, I would have probably just gone to bed.  My phone kept me entertained throughout the blackout.

On a side note, tankless water heaters don't put out hot water when the electricity is out.  FYI.

So does anyone own generators?  Thinking of getting one just in case.  Just for keeping my beers cold while I shoot zombies :)

Back on topic (though I love zombies):

I think the "Low $800s" has to be a typo considering Maricopa starts in the "High $700s" and Mendocino is smaller than Maricopa. While somewhat recycled, I think these floorplans have some smart choices:

1. A loft in Plan 1 in lieu of the downstairs den/room to conserve footprint space
2. Laundries upstairs (subjective I know... but if anyone has had an upstairs laundry, they can tell you how much more convenient it is)
3. En-suite(?) bathrooms in Plan 3 ala Lambert Ranch
4. Usage of most of 2nd floor space (esp above garage)

I don't mind that dead space in Plan 2, instead of a piano you can put a desk there, cabinets, book shelves, etc etc.

I find the 2x plans interesting because I assume they are built for the corner units and are done that way to maximize lot usage. By having a driveway up front and the door on the side, they don't have to construct a large sideyard wall and use up more space on the street.

At roughly the same price points, I think these Mendocino plans beat out the Montecito plans in Woodbury.

Personally, I like the loft at the top of the stairs in plan 1.  Having it makes the 2nd floor feel more inviting and spacious.

irvinehomeowner said:

I think the "Low $800s" has to be a typo considering Maricopa starts in the "High $700s" and Mendocino is smaller than Maricopa. While somewhat recycled, I think these floorplans have some smart choices:

1. A loft in Plan 1 in lieu of the downstairs den/room to conserve footprint space
2. Laundries upstairs (subjective I know... but if anyone has had an upstairs laundry, they can tell you how much more convenient it is)
3. En-suite(?) bathrooms in Plan 3 ala Lambert Ranch
4. Usage of most of 2nd floor space (esp above garage)

I don't mind that dead space in Plan 2, instead of a piano you can put a desk there, cabinets, book shelves, etc etc.

I find the 2x plans interesting because I assume they are built for the corner units and are done that way to maximize lot usage. By having a driveway up front and the door on the side, they don't have to construct a large sideyard wall and use up more space on the street.

At roughly the same price points, I think these Mendocino plans beat out the Montecito plans in Woodbury.

irvinehomeowner said:

We're talking about greedy TIC here.
I think Plan 1 price will be same as Maricopa Plan 1.
Plan 2 & 3 will be 50K apart.

Plan 1 looks like a separated condo with exact same footprint for both downstair and upstair and has absolutely no characteristic from outside.

Will you be able to find your home after few drinks?  :D

Can TIC build something little different from what they built already?
How much does it take to just change the exterior slightly?
Please fire all the designers, TIC.

Saratoga plan 2 and 2x seems be good units to rent out.. 4 bedrooms with each their own 4 bathrooms.. good for 4 roommates..

Irvine_Dreamer said:

If they build something different than just a copied version of the same floor plan that would mean they would have to spend some more money on architectural fees.  Print, copy, rinse, and repeat is TIC's motto. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

If they build something different than just a copied version of the same floor plan that would mean they would have to spend some more money on architectural fees.  Print, copy, rinse, and repeat is TIC's motto.

And this is one of the reasons TNHC has been so successful with Lambert Ranch. There's a genuine hunger for something different in Irvine, and TIC just doesn't seem to get it.

NYT said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine_Dreamer said:

And this is one of the reasons TNHC has been so successful with Lambert Ranch. There's a genuine hunger for something different in Irvine, and TIC just doesn't seem to get it.
Couldn't agree more with you.  TIC should stick to what they know best....building apartments and developing/selling land to real home builders (ones that can create good unique floor plans).  I can't image what TNHC homes would sell for if they were in Quail Hill or Turtle Ridge. 

I HOPE IT'S A MISTAKE but I doubt TIC would make such a mistake.  I am new to this board and am writing because I am SOOOO frustrated with TIC homes. Been looking to move here for 6 mo's and have been waiting for Mendocino to open because Maricopa is the most overpriced SFR!?  I am a health professional and can't afford to buy a new SFR in Irvine WTH!? And so I waited for Mendocino to come out because the rumors were stating mid 700's and I thought "that's definitely within my ballpark...750 plus another 50K in landscaping and upgrades puts me at 800K...it's a stretch but I'll wait."

BUT NOOOO....they have to start a 1900 SF home at low 800's which probably means for them starting at 849K...WTH!? To live two miles from a LANDFILL? I just don't get it.  My other choice a detached condo in Laguna Altura that i have to $300 extra per month next to a freeway.  I am so fed up trying to find a home in Irvine. Does anyone else feel this way? Who are these people willing to pay upwards of 900K for these crappy small homes that I can literally spit on the home next door because it's so close? Everyday I get an email "MARICOPA about to SELL OUT!?" Am I the only idiot not willing to buy these overpriced homes!?

Someone please make me feel better about buying an 800K SFR 2 miles from a landfill...please.

It's starting at 2200+ sq ft rather than 1900?  :D

dnation said:
I HOPE IT'S A MISTAKE but I doubt TIC would make such a mistake.  I am new to this board and am writing because I am SOOOO frustrated with TIC homes. Been looking to move here for 6 mo's and have been waiting for Mendocino to open because Maricopa is the most overpriced SFR!?  I am a health professional and can't afford to buy a new SFR in Irvine WTH!? And so I waited for Mendocino to come out because the rumors were stating mid 700's and I thought "that's definitely within my ballpark...750 plus another 50K in landscaping and upgrades puts me at 800K...it's a stretch but I'll wait."

BUT NOOOO....they have to start a 1900 SF home at low 800's which probably means for them starting at 849K...WTH!? To live two miles from a LANDFILL? I just don't get it.  My other choice a detached condo in Laguna Altura that i have to $300 extra per month next to a freeway.  I am so fed up trying to find a home in Irvine. Does anyone else feel this way? Who are these people willing to pay upwards of 900K for these crappy small homes that I can literally spit on the home next door because it's so close? Everyday I get an email "MARICOPA about to SELL OUT!?" Am I the only idiot not willing to buy these overpriced homes!?

Someone please make me feel better about buying an 800K SFR 2 miles from a landfill...please.

I can't totally agree that TNHC products are *that* different from TIC's.

The Field, which is the product that competes most with Stonegate's SFRs is almost the exact type of layout... which is the same as TNHC's homes in Woodbury.

irvinehomeowner said:
I can't totally agree that TNHC products are *that* different from TIC's.

The Field, which is the product that competes most with Stonegate's SFRs is almost the exact type of layout... which is the same as TNHC's homes in Woodbury.
You know, if the only issue with Irvine Pacific was just the boring floor plans that would be one thing but the fact that they make the whole homebuying experience so unpleasant for most buyers is really the issue at heart.  From the robotic sales people to the attitude/inflexibility to the awful design center experience are the major problems.  If Irvine Pacific had to complete against other builders in areas outside of Irvine where they don't have a monopoly they would go out of business.

If you think these houses are overpriced, wait till the Lyon homes open next year in woodbridge an university park.  mid 900's and you're surrounded by 35-40 year old homes.....The field at Lambert Ranch is definitely a good buy, but you're paying 3x in HOA as you are in stonegate, which is about half of what mello roos comes out to

Maybe it isn't a typo... just got the email blast from TIC and this is what was said for Mendocino:
Single-Family Homes
Approx. 2,221 to 2,452 Sq. Ft.
3 to 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 to 4 Baths
From the Low $800,000?s
How they can have a higher starting price for smaller homes than Maricopa is beyond me... TIC geniuses at work.

Buy now or get ripped off forever.

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe it isn't a typo... just got the email blast from TIC and this is what was said for Mendocino:
Single-Family Homes
Approx. 2,221 to 2,452 Sq. Ft.
3 to 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 to 4 Baths
From the Low $800,000?s
How they can have a higher starting price for smaller homes than Maricopa is beyond me... TIC geniuses at work.

Buy now or get ripped off forever.
Maybe this is their way to get Maricopa sold out quick since it'll be a "bargin" compared to Mendocino. 

How are Maricopa 1's selling?  I remember we looked at a couple of phases and the only ones that were selling were plan 1's.  Maybe they feel it was underpriced  ???

So homes in Saragota are single-family homes? Do they have driveway?

Single-Family Homes
Approx. 1,907 to 2,181 Sq. Ft.
4 Bedrooms, 3 to 4 Baths
From the High $600,000?s

Back