Masks?

irvinehomeowner said:
Looks like OC is following state recommendation for face coverings:
https://cms.ocgov.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=114753

Go ninja go ninja go!*

*Name that tune. :)

d95caaf05f60274c2f76f05788ee0fee.jpg

As home depot and Amazon stopped selling N95 mask to the public, I think it's going to be difficult to common folks to get them.

A cloth face mask is not as effective.. (really aren't) but it will prevent you from touching your nose and mouth publically.

I had a few extra respirators from my model making hobby, but that's also pretty hard to get now.

The girl that I'm dating goes to raves so she has a few rave masks and she gave me the most subtle basic one she has.  haha

what's an appropriate filter to put into a cloth face mask?  I've seen some people recommend coffee filter, but that can't possibly provide the proper protection, right?

paydawg said:
what's an appropriate filter to put into a cloth face mask?  I've seen some people recommend coffee filter, but that can't possibly provide the proper protection, right?

I think it's more important to make them comfortable so you won't feel the urge to adjust them (touch your face)

PSForever said:
"The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, ... compared with the medical mask arm. ...Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%."
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

At least the cloth mask will help prevent you from touching your face.  Wonder how a cloth mask with a PM2.5 filter would help, like these:https://debriefme.com/products/black-n95?variant=14626365833258

In a high exposure setting for healthcare workers that the article used, I would assume cloth masks are less effective.

But for public use combined with social distancing, I would hope cloth masks help more than hurt.

I think the issue with a lot of the masks is that people just put their hands all over it and don?t really know the concept of cross-contamination. I was leaving Ralph?s the other day and some guy was walking in getting ready to put on his surgeons mask.

He head handling both sides of the mask as if he had just washed his hands. So whatever he had on his hands got transferred to the inside of his mask and put right on his nose/mouth. With that said, that is from the perspective of infecting yourself, but it would help trap any particles from a sneeze, cough, breathing.  So still some benefit

Me too.  i cringe at how many I've thrown away over the years, because they were only a buck each or so.  Now paying for it, literally.  I have 3M respirators but they are a bit "imposing" for just making a Costco run.  Still, less conspicuous than a scuba set up.

gwlvs304vsq41.jpg

That Blue Beat site is pretty price gougey.  My only option unfortunately, but they just raised their prices $10 from $55 to $65 for a 10-pack of masks.  Classic definition of price gouging.

Where is the line drawn between price gouging vs market prices (supply/demand). I?m not familiar with price gouging laws

Back