Market Top

Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Mety:

Pick a stage that you think we are in for RE.
1 (mania)
2 (peak)
3 (bust)

None of the above. It is different this time.

I think we are at 2.
But it is different this time. We can't say it will turn out just like 2008.
What stage do you think we are at, eyephone?

BTW, kinda off topic, but BTB is gone. He changed all his posts into 'x' instead of '.'
Oh boy, who threatened him this time? TI will be so boring without him.

Mety said:
BTW, kinda off topic, but BTB is gone. He changed all his posts into 'x' instead of '.'

@_@?

How did he edit 1,.871 posts to "x"?  Some kind of script?

momopi said:
Mety said:

@_@?

How did he edit 1,.871 posts to "x"?  Some kind of script?

Well, he's done "." before. Mad respect if he did all manually.
#MAXROI

All I have to say to that is, that is real CHICKEN.

Let's be honest, half of what he writes is insulting to a lot of audiences mainly GP homeowners, the other half promoting Eastwood Delano. You know if you put that much into it, you gotta have fair amount of investments in promoting it.

Mety:

Looking at the analysis by John Rubino at DollarCollapse.com
US Housing Bubble Enters Stage Two: Suddenly-Motivated Sellers
https://www.dollarcollapse.com/us-housing-bubble-motivated-sellers/

Another article summarizes John?s analysis.
Trouble Ahead For The Housing Market https://seekingalpha.com/article/4187673-trouble-ahead-housing-market

?He reminds us that housing bubbles follow a predictable progression:

Stage One: Mania - Prices rise at an accelerating rate as factors like excess central bank liquidity/loose credit/hot foreign money drive a virtuous bidding cycle well above sustainably affordable levels.

Stage Two: Peak - Increasingly jittery owners attempt to sell out before the party ends. Supply jumps as prices stagnate.

Stage Three: Bust - As inventory builds, sellers start having to lower prices. This begins a vicious cycle: buyers go on strike not wanting to catch a falling knife, causing sellers to drop prices further.

Rubino cites recent statistics that may indicate the US national housing market is finally entering Stage Two after a rip-roaring decade of recovery since the bursting of the 2007 housing bubble:

the supply of homes for sale during the "all important" spring market rose at 3x last year's rate, 30 of America's 100 largest cities now have more inventory than they did a year ago, and mortgage applications for new homes dropped 9% YoY.?

Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Mety:

1 (mania)
2 (peak)
3 (bust)

I think we are at 2.

Mety: I believe we are at stage 2.

Mety said:

Guessing his wife had the baby and threatened him to stop pushing rhetoric all day instead of helping with diapers.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Mety:

1 (mania)
2 (peak)
3 (bust)

I think we are at 2.

I think many people are feeling the same.
But the real question is would that stage 2 last quite a bit of long time?
Or would it bust soon?

Rizdak said:
Mety said:

Guessing his wife had the baby and threatened him to stop pushing rhetoric all day instead of helping with diapers.

lol, creating charts ala Delano, as to why he doesn't need to help with diapers couldn't save him

Like real estate, YF/BTB is cyclical.

He'll probably pop up again with a new screen name... let's see what the new version will be.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Mety:

1 (mania)
2 (peak)
3 (bust)

I think we are at 2.

Or would it bust soon?

I don?t think many people on TI feel the same. (The nothing has happened attitude) 

eyephone said:
Rubino cites recent statistics that may indicate the US national housing market is finally entering Stage Two after a rip-roaring decade of recovery since the bursting of the 2007 housing bubble:

the supply of homes for sale during the "all important" spring market rose at 3x last year's rate, 30 of America's 100 largest cities now have more inventory than they did a year ago, and mortgage applications for new homes dropped 9% YoY.?

Inventory was ridiculously low last year. All of these stats are juiced, especially the 3x last year's rate...

I do believe in looking at numbers, but this is cherry picking.

?Redfin CEO blames lower guide on "significant" housing market slowdown

Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman says the company lowered its Q3 forecast after ?an unexpected drop in Redfin?s bookings growth in the past three weeks, slowing traffic growth in a weakening real-estate market.?

Kelman says the ?significant? housing market slowdown could continue in the coming months, reappearing in August and September after slight relief last month.

Kelman: ?For the first time in years, we are getting reports from managers of some markets that home buyer demand is waning, especially in some of Redfin?s largest markets.? He called out Seattle, Portland, and San Jose by name.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekin...wer-guide-significant-housing-market-slowdown

paperboyNC said:
eyephone said:

Inventory was ridiculously low last year. All of these stats are juiced, especially the 3x last year's rate...

I do believe in looking at numbers, but this is cherry picking.

What stage do you think we are in?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Mety:

1 (mania)
2 (peak)
3 (bust)

I think we are at 2.

Or would it bust soon?

Per Redfin CEO, significant housing market slow down.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekin...wer-guide-significant-housing-market-slowdown

eyephone said:
What stage do you think we are in?

healthy

Considering the real estate market the past five years has been:
- A strong, strong seller's market (under $1million)
- Overheated
- Suffering from lack of supply

The market is now:
- A moderate seller's market (under $1million)
- Prices are flattish (only growing at the rate of inflation)
- Supply is increasing

These are all good things and a sign that the real estate market is becoming healthy. It has not been healthy for the past 5 years.

I'll add that, that in a market where prices are only going up 3% per year, a lot of seller's are going to be frustrated.

Imagine you bought the following brand-new home:
$1.1million list price for 2,800sqft detached condo
$150,000 design center upgrades and closing costs
$30,000 landscaping
$10,000 window covering, interior finishes

Total
$1,290,000

When you go to sell, the realtor asks for 1% commission plus 2.5% buyer commission. Just to break even you have to ask:
$1.34m

You were promised you'd make money on real estate, so you list at $1.395m

You'd have this listing:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/116-Follyhatch-92618/home/143915050

For their 1% commission, your realtor takes two photos and calls it a day. Inventory appears to be spiking and sitting and price reductions are in your future.

Does it mean that prices are falling? No - it just means that some buyers overpaid for their homes.

Back