Market Top

eyephone said:
It?s not about wages. It?s the momentum.

You need to explain more in detail. You've been saying the music is slowing and and provided some links, but I would like to hear your own opinion.

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.
For some reason, I think the prices will keep moving up for now.
I just don't know when and how that will stop or burst. Hopefully it's not as bad as the last recession.

Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.
I just don't know when and how that will stop or burst. Hopefully it's not as bad as the last recession.

I think we'll be flattish for the rest of the year.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.
We are going way way up babehttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/102-Hayseed-92602/home/112729415

Hope they don't correct it before you read it
Yes, you guys are right.

Irvine Dream said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.
We are going way way up babehttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/102-Hayseed-92602/home/112729415

Hope they don't correct it before you read it
Yes, you guys are right.

Haha. $8.9m for a 1700sq condo. Way to go OH! BTB's prophesies coming true too soon.

Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.

I think the prices will continue moving up too. 

I believe we are at the last leg of this housing boom cycles but this last leg will last at least another 12 to 18 months.  It?s hard to predict the market top but I just don?t think we are there yet.

lnc said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.

I believe we are at the last leg of this housing boom cycles but this last leg will last at least another 12 to 18 months.  It?s hard to predict the market top but I just don?t think we are there yet.

With all of these homes burning up from multiples fire in California, it will surely put housing constraints further as people lost homes will seek to rebuild. In the meantime rental will be tighten further as they will likely rent while the rebuild process take place. Materials cost will be higher.

Compressed-Village said:
lnc said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.

With all of these homes burning up from multiples fire in California, it will surely put housing constraints further as people lost homes will seek to rebuild. In the meantime rental will be tighten further as they will likely rent while the rebuild process take place. Materials cost will be higher.

That's a good point. Do you own some rental properties yourself?

It?s also possible we will see another leg up given the fact that so many local business are having banner years ... and there is going to be even more wealth swashing around in 2019 and 2020 looking for a place to settle.  I have been talking to dozens of business owners who are having the best year of their lives? and this seems to be the case across a very diverse set of industries. It?s kind of scary, but I think we are on the verge of seeing even greater housing affordability issues ...

OC-Broker said:
It?s also possible we will see another leg up given the fact that so many local business are having banner years ... and there is going to be even more wealth swashing around in 2019 and 2020 looking for a place to settle.  I have been talking to dozens of business owners who are having the best year of their lives? and this seems to be the case across a very diverse set of industries. It?s kind of scary, but I think we are on the verge of seeing even greater housing affordability issues ...

The counter arguments are the following:

?Fed's Powell says economy is in 'good place' but tariffs could change that?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-in-good-place-but-tariffs-could-change-.html

?Fed chair says Trump's trade wars are starting to worry businesses, and the end result could be ugly

Powell also referenced a worst-case scenario in which tariffs drive up prices for consumers while also hurting the economy overall.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...-trade-war-hurt-business-jerome-powell-2018-7

Compressed-Village said:
lnc said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.

big real estate out here setting fires to prop up the market  ;)

The problem with that is the Internet. People can see first hand the rising inventory throughout the US.

eyephone said:
The problem with that is the Internet. People can see first hand the rising inventory throughout the US.

That's been that way since before the last boom. Not sure what your point is here.

Kings said:
Compressed-Village said:
lnc said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

And supply and demand.

Yes, you guys are right.

big real estate out here setting fires to prop up the market  ;)

I guess you can kill two birds with one stone. Clear the brush and clear the the inventory.  :) J/K

Tariff, new tax law, and potential FCB escape..
To me, they don't really sound like they are the ones to pull the trigger on the market down turn.
The hottest price range ($500k - $1m) would not really get much affected by these anyways.

I think the momentum, which eyephone has brought, would be a closer one for the RE cycle to rinse and repeat. But what is that momentum....?

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

That's been that way since before the last boom. Not sure what your point is here.

This is not an isolated issue for Irvine or So Cal. The rising inventory and price reductions is happening through the US.
(even in states with low taxes)

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

This is not an isolated issue for Irvine or So Cal. The rising inventory and price reductions is happening through the US.
(even in states with low taxes)

What would you say, eyephone?
"Sell now or get priced out forever!!" ??

Back