Marigold at Cypress Village

eyephone said:
lnc said:
test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

Just got Cypress Village's community newsletter regarding no parking in the California Motor Court.  Well, its been almost 6 month since the picture was taken.

Just thank your buddy Test for the parking enforcement (just kidding)

They should've attached my photo to the newsletter.

lnc said:
test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

lol! and people dont pick up their dog's poop.

Just got Cypress Village's community newsletter regarding no parking in the California Motor Court.  Well, its been almost 6 month since the picture was taken.

ZeroLot said:
A couple is having a big fight in Marigold!!  Don't know who won but dang ... People need to remember to close their windows if you don't want your fights posted on TI.

lol! are they speaking english or chinese?

lnc said:
test said:

2s8g4xu.jpg

I see neighbor's trash cans out all the time. Also weeds galore. How do they plan to enforce these rules?

Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:
A couple is having a big fight in Marigold!!  Don't know who won but dang ... People need to remember to close their windows if you don't want your fights posted on TI.

lol! are they speaking english or chinese?

It didn't sound like English.  But when it's a shouting match, it kinda all sounds the same.

Anyone else experiencing a more bugs than usual here in Cypress Village? Tons of spiders and little black aphid looking things, and flies are sneaking into the house more than the last couple homes i've lived in around Irvine.

Will the HOA help with spraying for bugs around the common areas, or will we have to resort to paying one of the 10 different pest control companies that solicit us door to door?

evensteven said:
Anyone else experiencing a more bugs than usual here in Cypress Village? Tons of spiders and little black aphid looking things, and flies are sneaking into the house more than the last couple homes i've lived in around Irvine.

Will the HOA help with spraying for bugs around the common areas, or will we have to resort to paying one of the 10 different pest control companies that solicit us door to door?
already have ants, spiders and flies in the house. Was able to temporarily control them by all the liquids and sprays. I think it's just because the abnormal hot summer. Let's see when it gets cooler.

The insects are loving this weather. I had to call my pest control guy out for an extra spray today.

I have black aphids, lotsa spiders, tons of moth, flies
.. Big and small ... And even a few giant Mosquitos outside and inside.  The hummingbirds I'm feeding isn't doing much eating these bugs.

In fact the birds that used to eat bugs in my yard have all but disappeared.  Maybe this weather got to them???

I swat an average of 2 flies a day since this hot humid weather started.  My fruit fly trap kills 2 to 3 a day and that's inside the house.

The worst is those pincher bugs all over the inside of my house.  I'm ok with them downstairs but I just found one upstairs in the kids bathroom and that was the final straw ... I started lighting indoor citronella candles every night .... Upstairs and down.

I am fumigating my garage with one all natural bug repellent incense stick a day .... It's expensive but it's keeping the indoor bugs at bay.

I do a quick splash and shower of my plants with water every dusk to flush out the insects and bugs.

So far so good with all these extra measures to keep the bugs away from the indoors.

ZeroLot said:
The insects are loving this weather. I had to call my pest control guy out for an extra spray today.

I have black aphids, lotsa spiders, tons of moth, flies
.. Big and small ... And even a few giant Mosquitos outside and inside.  The hummingbirds I'm feeding isn't doing much eating these bugs.

In fact the birds that used to eat bugs in my yard have all but disappeared.  Maybe this weather got to them???

I swat an average of 2 flies a day since this hot humid weather started.  My fruit fly trap kills 2 to 3 a day and that's inside the house.

The worst is those pincher bugs all over the inside of my house.  I'm ok with them downstairs but I just found one upstairs in the kids bathroom and that was the final straw ... I started lighting indoor citronella candles every night .... Upstairs and down.

I am fumigating my garage with one all natural bug repellent incense stick a day .... It's expensive but it's keeping the indoor bugs at bay.

I do a quick splash and shower of my plants with water every dusk to flush out the insects and bugs.

So far so good with all these extra measures to keep the bugs away from the indoors.

The reason for the moths are due to the Privet Hawk Moth.  The catepillars feast on Privets.  I just had about 10 in my backyard that ate every single leaf off of my small tree.  My kids and I absolutely loved watching them grow however my wife was grossed out.  They eventually left though so maybe the moths ended up at your house.  HAHA!!!

I don't think I have any privets in my yard.  But I do have a potato vine that attracts the potato/tomato caterpillars... They call them hornworms.  The gross green kind that has a spike on the tail.  They grow into hawk moths.

But I know hawk moths aren't the only moths in my yard.  I'm gonna have to d something t make sure they fly back in your direction.

ukuoy said:
Does anyone know who should i contact when i lost one of the gate fob keys to the community park?

You can call HOA (PCM) for replacement.  There is a fee for the replacement but forgot exactly how much it is. probably around $50.

Hi Everyone,

I've been on the forum for a while and finally pulled the trigger this year.

Wanted to pick other Marigold-ians on their home inspection experience. We are closing in December for the new Marigold extension and our home inspection is coming up.

We are planning to hire a home inspector (looked through the forum and it looks like Matt is pretty popular). Can someone tell me a ballpark of what I should be expecting to pay?

Is there anything you feel like you might have missed that we should be extra observant on?

Thanks Again for all your help!

-A

Mckenn said:
We are planning to hire a home inspector (looked through the forum and it looks like Matt is pretty popular). Can someone tell me a ballpark of what I should be expecting to pay?

Is there anything you feel like you might have missed that we should be extra observant on?

Thanks Again for all your help!

-A

Welcome to the TI and Cypress Village.

The home inspector like Steve from Bilt-Rite charges $450 for 1/2 day or the time frame builder allows. IP only gives home owner about 3 hrs for the final walk through. 

You may want to call the home insector up for price info and book them ASAP since these popular home inspectors are pretty booked and they might not be available for your final walk through date.

lnc said:
ukuoy said:
Does anyone know who should i contact when i lost one of the gate fob keys to the community park?

You can call HOA (PCM) for replacement.  There is a fee for the replacement but forgot exactly how much it is. probably around $50.

Yeah, I lost my FOB key too.  Had to contact HOA to get a new one.  It'll cost me $50 for it.  *sigh*

that was yours? I've been enjoying the new pools

ZeroLot said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:

Yeah, I lost my FOB key too.  Had to contact HOA to get a new one.  It'll cost me $50 for it.  *sigh*

The California Court Company said:
that was yours? I've been enjoying the new pools

ZeroLot said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:

Glad someone on TI is enjoying my lost FOB. 

Has anyone notices rats/mice in the neighborhood. I've seen one in front of my garage door one day and a couple others in the community park. Should HOA do something to solve the mice issue? I've been in battle with pests all the time since moving in, ants, flies, roach, spiders, now even mice shows up?

ukuoy said:
Has anyone notices rats/mice in the neighborhood. I've seen one in front of my garage door one day and a couple others in the community park. Should HOA do something to solve the mice issue? I've been in battle with pests all the time since moving in, ants, flies, roach, spiders, now even mice shows up?

Yep.

I saw a live one once and only once, but then I saw many dead ones.  I've encounter, on average, one dead rat per week.  I've found three really small dead rats in my backyard and notice a few dead ones around walk way and the community park. 

Maybe HOA or one of our neighber is doing something to eliminate those rats. 

I have noticed little black pellets in the garage and outside. I also saw a bunch of berries gathered in a corner in my backyard. Are the pellets from rats/mice? I've seen rabbits running around but no mice.. at least in person.

I had a black widow infestation in my backyard and had to cave in and get an exterminator to come every 3 months or on call if necessary.

Also noticed there are a lot of mosquito type insects (long legs, really thin) that fly around and perch themselves on my front door and side gate. Is that normal for others?

Oh and I have noticed really thin black worms in my house. They'll just magically appear on the carpet. One of my bedrooms upstairs had 4 or 5 and every few weeks another will appear. My master bedroom just had 1 yesterday. Are they coming out of the electric outlets or just from underneath the carpet? Can anyone relate to that one?

Back