Marigold at Cypress Village

ukuoy said:
Does anybody in Marigold start to have ants problems. I woke up this morning finding several black ants on the countertop. Then i put a Terro liquid bail and trapped a huge amount. There are a couple of ants trails around the outside wall. I am pretty sure my neighbor has the problem because some trails come across the wall cracks.

If you only have ants problems consider yourself lucky.  Ants if pretty common, luckily it's the black kind, not the red ones.

I had some around my AC unit which was taken care of when I asked my exterminator to come back and put special ant spray on them.

I used to use Terro inside the house in the kitchen but I HIGHLY recommend saran wrapping and keeping the ants to a limited part of the house.  I use saran wrap and a lot of scotch tape.  It worked well and the ants didn't reappear in my old WB condo for over a year.

Anyone have solutions to get rid of rabbits?  They have been eating up my grass and plants/flowers.  Thanks.

AA said:
Anyone have solutions to get rid of rabbits?  They have been eating up my grass and plants/flowers.  Thanks.

Awww, so cute!  Bunny wabbits!  8)

I would recommend getting a cat or dog but then they'll just attract the coyotes.
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Rabbits

These are my favorite:

Plant as many rabbit-deterring plants as possible. Plants known to repel rabbits include forget-me-nots, impatiens, amaryllus, bleeding hearts, foxglove, daylily, ferns, English ivy, pachysandra and others.

Try a natural repellent. Although results vary, some home remedies may help deter rabbits.  Spread blood meal, cayenne pepper, manure or dog or human hair around plants.
    Spray your plants with a solution of hot sauce and water or vinegar. Reapply the solution after each rain. This solution can be washed off of vegetables after harvest, and so does not affect their taste.
    Use a foul-tasting spray deterrent that contains bitrex. You can find products that are marketed for use on ornamental plants. Do not use bitrex sprays on vegetable plants because it will affect the taste of the produce.

AA said:

I'll let you borrow my supersize, 17 lbs, rabbit huning, Yorkshire Terrier mix.  All he need to do is marking around your home and problem solved.

I've posted this before on another thread, but it's worth mentioning again.  Sometimes scarecrows work the best.

rock-python-rubber-snake.jpg

Also if you are thinking of doing a human deterrent, fake video camera may work as a preventative measure.
http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Security-Camera-Blinking-Silver/dp/B004D8NZ52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406657056&sr=8-1&keywords=fake+video+camera
$12 for 1 at amazon!

zubs said:
Also if you are thinking of doing a human deterrent, fake video camera may work as a preventative measure.
http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Security-Camera-Blinking-Silver/dp/B004D8NZ52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406657056&sr=8-1&keywords=fake+video+camera
$12 for 1 at amazon!

I got one of those from Amazon for $10 and it broke a year later.  Battery acid corrosion after just one year.  :mad:

For those of you that have moved into Marigold, could you provide an estimate as to how much one would be expected to spend on backyard landscape/hardscape?

I've got a friend who just purchased in the village and she is trying to figure out what the range should be. I know that the cost is wholly dependent on the extent and complexity of the work to be performed, and she's advised that she just wants something totally basic and wonders if $5K will get the job done (well).

RibEye said:
For those of you that have moved into Marigold, could you provide an estimate as to how much one would be expected to spend on backyard landscape/hardscape?

I've got a friend who just purchased in the village and she is trying to figure out what the range should be. I know that the cost is wholly dependent on the extent and complexity of the work to be performed, and she's advised that she just wants something totally basic and wonders if $5K will get the job done (well).

$5K will get you an all grass turf with some shrubs or cement with some shrubs.  If she wants any pavers ... she'll have to double that.

I've seen a lot of uneven, poorly leveled, paver jobs in Marigold and even those costed more than $5K.

RibEye said:

If your looking to spend $5k, would get you concrete. (Probably)

If you want it done well - around 10k or more.

A couple is having a big fight in Marigold!!  Don't know who won but dang ... People need to remember to close their windows if you don't want your fights posted on TI.

ZeroLot said:
A couple is having a big fight in Marigold!!  Don't know who won but dang ... People need to remember to close their windows if you don't want your fights posted on TI.

you better hope their windows are closed when they start making up :)

lnc said:
AA said:

I'll let you borrow my supersize, 17 lbs, rabbit huning, Yorkshire Terrier mix.  All he need to do is marking around your home and problem solved.

Or human pee works too.  Not my idea, I just read it somewhere ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

Just got Cypress Village's community newsletter regarding no parking in the California Motor Court.  Well, its been almost 6 month since the picture was taken. 

Attachments

• CVnews.jpg
    CVnews.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 286
lnc said:
test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

Just got Cypress Village's community newsletter regarding no parking in the California Motor Court.  Well, its been almost 6 month since the picture was taken.

Just thank your buddy Test for the parking enforcement (just kidding)

Back