Marigold at Cypress Village

Danshui said:
Hi Chairman/Zerolot, do you have any recommendation on shutter providers? We also purchased the home at Marigold. Thx

If I was going with plantation shutters, I would most likely contact:
Express Blinds. The sales rep's name is Tim Lou. His cell # 951-515-1031. They also have a website:http://expressblindsinc.com/

However I'm not sure if there will be much savings there.  Design Center quoted me around $300 for really nice plantation shutters (dual control and seamless) for those really hard to reach windows on the stairs.  That's a reasonable price for what I've been hearing.

I will most likely go with honeycomb blinds via blinds.com  I like the Top-Down/Bottom Up Cordless designs. 
http://www.blinds.com/control/subCa...rdless|available-options-top-down---bottom-up

I plan on getting the blackout ones for the bedrooms and light filtering ones for downstairs. 

Those giant windows in the dining room and great room, I plan on just getting curtains like the model homes.  The width is just so big.  I measured them today and they are about 97" to 100" 108" (dining room) and 119" (great room) in width.  I'm not sure if shutters would even be possible for those.

Danshui said:
Hi Chairman/Zerolot, do you have any recommendation on shutter providers? We also purchased the home at Marigold. Thx
I just got plantation shutters. PM if you would like to know the contact. (this was the lowest out of 6 quotes I got)

eyephone said:
Danshui said:
I just got plantation shutters. PM if you would like to know the contact. (this was the lowest out of 6 quotes I got)

What kind of plantation shutters did you get?

Just tried to visit my house today and was turned down.  Something about construction doing something very dangerous and big.  I have to wait at least one week before trying to visit again.  Anyone else having this problem 30 days before closing?

ZeroLot said:
Just tried to visit my house today and was turned down.  Something about construction doing something very dangerous and big.  I have to wait at least one week before trying to visit again.  Anyone else having this problem 30 days before closing?

Which phase are you in Zero?

ZeroLot said:

try go on weekend mornings. weekdays are usually really busy for those constructions, so relatively it is more unsafe.  The reason of why going in the morning is that the sales office gets busy in the afternoon.  They might not have free staff to take you to the construction.

bwpunch said:
ZeroLot said:

try go on weekend mornings. weekdays are usually really busy for those constructions, so relatively it is more unsafe.  The reason of why going in the morning is that the sales office gets busy in the afternoon.  They might not have free staff to take you to the construction.

There's been a few occasions when they are short staffed and they say so.  I just go back at a more convenient date.  However this is the first time they've said everyone, including sales office staff is off limits too.  There's at least 5 phases affected by this.  What could the be doing to cause such hazard? 

Sunday is generally a good day to visit as there is no construction.  However they even said not this Sunday or even the one after that.  So strange.

ZeroLot said:

Usually 3 to 4 week before closing, IP will lock down the home and prevent anyone from entering.    It's probably due to the flooring is done and want to limit people's access to the home before closing.  They want to preserve those soon to be tear out standard flooring for your final walk through.

Tarmacpro said:
How's the construction going?  Anybody been around lately?

Sitting in the sales office now.  Phase 4 just closed.  Construction is going.  Still can't visit my house yet.

They hope to get a lot out of the way before kids start walking to school in September.

I stopped by the sales office earlier today.  Parking was full and there was a lot of foot traffic, both existing homeowners here and potential buyers.  There are still a few plan 3 homes that are unsold and what's interesting is, despite the fact that no one seems to be interested buying -- they still managed to increase the prices of some units; not by much though ($2k), but still!  Plan 3 homes are bigger but they are just not that appealing because they sit in the back and priced at $800K.

ZeroLot said:
Tarmacpro said:

Sitting in the sales office now.  Phase 4 just closed.  Construction is going.  Still can't visit my house yet.

They hope to get a lot out of the way before kids start walking to school in September.

Hi ZL,

Your move in date is coming up, yeah?

Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:
Tarmacpro said:

Hi ZL,

Yup.  Final walk-thru is coming up too.  I got to see the inside of my house ... all casearstone looks really good.  The carpet looks good too.  Definitely will be keeping the default carpet in parts of the house.  I do NOT like the vinyl tiles in the laundry room.  I will be visiting Lowe's and buying new vinyl tiles to install myself.  Fun fun fun!

ZeroLot said:
Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:
Tarmacpro said:

Hi ZL,

Yup.  Final walk-thru is coming up too.  I got to see the inside of my house ... all casearstone looks really good.  The carpet looks good too.  Definitely will be keeping the default carpet in parts of the house.  I do NOT like the vinyl tiles in the laundry room.  I will be visiting Lowe's and buying new vinyl tiles to install myself.  Fun fun fun!

You could save some work for Mr. ZeroLot to do you know, since you do all the vetting already. :)

lnc said:
You could save some work for Mr. ZeroLot to do you know, since you do all the vetting already. :)

I've got plans for Mr. Z.  He's got to install my EasyTrack Master Closet and all the other furniture inside the house.  I'm debating whether or not I trust him to install the new window treatments.  ;)

ZeroLot said:
lnc said:

I've got plans for Mr. Z.  He's got to install my EasyTrack Master Closet and all the other furniture inside the house.  I'm debating whether or not I trust him to install the new window treatments.  ;)

Z, did you move yet?

RCV said:
ZeroLot said:
lnc said:

Z, did you move yet?

Almost!!  I had my walk-thru already with Bilt Rite as my inspector.  GREAT walk-thru, we had a great time with our service rep.  Irvine Pacific went above and beyond our expectations.

They had 2 IP people with us during the walk-thru and it was very pleasant.  We found out so much and IP even pointed out stuff we never would have noticed ourselves.  Our realtor was with us during the walk-thru and it was great having all these eyes watching out for us.

Our phase got pushed back by 2 weeks which gave IP time to really get caught up with construction.  I heard Phase 5, 6, and 7 will have really quick and good closings because corporate gave the construction crew extra time to get everything together.

I also discovered a few details:

* Our washer tray is TOO small for the big jumbo LG front loaders.  It's only a 29x31.  We need a 30x32.  So watch out for that.

* RO might not work with the fridge filter for ice cube making.  They share the same under the sink water pipes so we'll have to wait to see.  They suggested just popping out the fridge filter and all will be well.  But that's NOT necessary unless our ice maker runs into problems. 

* Concrete slab in the California Room and the garage side door are removable.  So I can put pavers there if I want.

* Ask your rep how to replace those super high in the air light bulbs.  I got a kick out of how it's done.

* I got to adjust how hot I want my water to be in the house.  The controls are in the masters.  Super cool!

There's a bunch of other stuff I learned.  But the walk-thru was fantastic and we're just waiting for our keys this week.

Good to hear you have a smooth walk-through experience.  I had a good experience with IP also.  All the minor issues were address and resolved quickly. 

Regarding to the washer tray, did you try to ask for a bigger one? 

Because the tray is plastic you might want to replace it anyway due to possibility of cracking in the future.  I'm thinking about using a metal tray instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGuKn_e0Tc

lnc said:
Good to hear you have a smooth walk-through experience.  I had a good experience with IP also.  All the minor issues were address and resolved quickly. 

Regarding to the washer tray, did you try to ask for a bigger one? 

Because the tray is plastic you might want to replace it anyway due to possibility of cracking in the future.  I'm thinking about using a metal tray instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGuKn_e0Tc

We did request a bigger tray but IP said we need to buy one from Lowe's or HD. 

I did ask Lowe's for a metal tray but they said we can't do metal trays in our unit.  Our drainage hole is in the bottom of the tray and metal trays can't be drilled.  :'(

Back