Marigold at Cypress Village

ZeroLot said:
RCV said:
ZeroLot said:
lnc said:
You could save some work for Mr. ZeroLot to do you know, since you do all the vetting already. :)

I've got plans for Mr. Z.  He's got to install my EasyTrack Master Closet and all the other furniture inside the house.  I'm debating whether or not I trust him to install the new window treatments.  ;)

Z, did you move yet?

Almost!!  I had my walk-thru already with Bilt Rite as my inspector.  GREAT walk-thru, we had a great time with our service rep.  Irvine Pacific went above and beyond our expectations.

They had 2 IP people with us during the walk-thru and it was very pleasant.  We found out so much and IP even pointed out stuff we never would have noticed ourselves.  Our realtor was with us during the walk-thru and it was great having all these eyes watching out for us.

Our phase got pushed back by 2 weeks which gave IP time to really get caught up with construction.  I heard Phase 5, 6, and 7 will have really quick and good closings because corporate gave the construction crew extra time to get everything together.

I also discovered a few details:

* Our washer tray is TOO small for the big jumbo LG front loaders.  It's only a 29x31.  We need a 30x32.  So watch out for that.

* RO might not work with the fridge filter for ice cube making.  They share the same under the sink water pipes so we'll have to wait to see.  They suggested just popping out the fridge filter and all will be well.  But that's NOT necessary unless our ice maker runs into problems. 

* Concrete slab in the California Room and the garage side door are removable.  So I can put pavers there if I want.

* Ask your rep how to replace those super high in the air light bulbs.  I got a kick out of how it's done.

* I got to adjust how hot I want my water to be in the house.  The controls are in the masters.  Super cool!

There's a bunch of other stuff I learned.  But the walk-thru was fantastic and we're just waiting for our keys this week.

woot woot!

It must suck to live next door to these folks.

2s8g4xu.jpg

test said:
It must suck to live next door to these folks.

What's wrong with those Marigold folks, don't they know their not so proficient driving skilled neighbor might hit their car on the way out? :p

I live on this street, and parking sucks. Not that you won't be able to find parking, because there's the garage.  It's just that - the cars on the street make this neighborhood look so cramped.  :(

Anyway, I heard they released Marigold extension.  Does anyone have pricing?

Welcome to Irvine motorcourt living.  Watchout for the HOA tow trucks, they like to strike on Sundays and major Holidays.  Merry Christmas to you too

RCV said:
I live on this street, and parking sucks. Not that you won't be able to find parking, because there's the garage.  It's just that - the cars on the street make this neighborhood look so cramped.  :(

I think all residential street will feel cramped if there are cars parking along either side.  Even at Shady Canyon, they have this problem.
test said:
Ghetto like Shady Canyon.  I am not joking.  That place is a mess.

"Complaints have been registered by homeowners regarding cars and trucks continually parked in front of or along the streets near their homes. For people expecting to live in a truly upscale community, this was never anticipated."
http://www.shadycanyonhoa.org/community/updates.asp#parking

bwpunch said:
some broker is trying to flip for some $$$

a Phase 3, Plan 3 that just have its escrow closes.  Starting price is $749,300. With upgrades that can be seen from the photo: full height backsplash in kitchen (~$1400) and whole house cabinet in espresso color and handle (~$1500).  The broker is trying to make a profit that's probably slightly north of $40k.

The home got sold at $778K, below asking price of $799K.  Seems a pretty good deal since current Plan 3 homes are being sold at $800K. MLS OC14009574.

Pricing on the Marigold extensions as of 4/5/14.

Plan 1: $753,800
Plan 2: $777,770
Plan 3: $788,625 - $789,100
Plan 3x: none available until next phase

woshi said:
Pricing on the Marigold extensions as of 4/5/14.

Plan 1: $753,800
Plan 2: $777,770
Plan 3: $788,625 - $789,100
Plan 3x: none available until next phase

Plan 3x:  811,000

ukuoy said:
Is it allowed to park in the motorcourt?

Of course, come as you are and park as long as you can. 

As long as test don't take the picture of your car parked there, post on the internet and got HOA's attention, you are fine.  :)

Actually for Marigold, you are not suppose to block the shared driveway. 

lnc said:
ukuoy said:

As long as test don't take the picture of your car parked there, post on the internet and got HOA's attention, you are fine.  :)

you know test - he drives around Irvine and takes random pictures. (cars parked in driveway etc...)  ;)

Some people show no mercy.  People are still moving in and have a lot of boxes to put into those garages.  I pretty much know my neighbors schedules and don't park on the drive way when I know they'll be in and out.  Everyone has been amazing and we communicate well with each other when we need each other to move.

But for convenience sake, I've parked my car in the drive way so I can drop off more stuff, clean, organize, and move things back into the car for donation runs.  Meanwhile all of that takes several hours.  I know that looks bad on pictures but that's the reality of moving in.

Once people are settled in, cars generally disappear from the drive ways.  That's how my motorcourt works.  So please don't label all of us Marigold folks as HOA violating inconsiderate people.  :-\

eyephone said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:

you know test - he drives around Irvine and takes random pictures. (cars parked in driveway etc...)  ;)

I don't know who test is but he should definitely join the Irvine police department

test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

If I was not able to park in my garage due to my neighbor blocking the way,  can I just box in his car?

Tarmacpro said:
test said:
If everyone would just park in the motor court like this the streets would be clear  :)

2s8g4xu.jpg

If I was not able to park in my garage due to my neighbor blocking the way,  can I just box in his car?

Take a picture of your neighbor's car and post it on this thread, maybe people here can make decision for you.

Back