Low Income Housing in Irvine

lol. localocal and test. You guys are little UCI freshmen arent' you? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Grace was the one talking about peeing on people. It must be from the smell of urine from the homeless that permeates the San Ana air.

[quote author="graceomalley"]My daughter speaks fluent Spanish and she does get along with the kids in Santa Ana. Like I said the teachers and SA school science program does not meet my daughters level of performance. She did consider OCHSA but this school emphasizes Art over science. She plans on becoming a doctor and work oversea in South America helping children. Her goal of being fluent in both languages and spanish culture started early. Not putting her in SA school totally was due to school performance and not children. Most of you do not get this.

Do you child a favor. 99.99% of the worlds population do not live in the Irvine like cocoon. A stepford sheltered life only narrow their life experience, perspective, and the inability to cope in other environments. This is only a fairytale city modeled after Disneyland. Not every girl is a princess with glass slippers and price charming on a white horse. It is completely staged and fabricated like a movie set where sheeple are being cast as the leading role.

You can call me what ever you like. I know I made a right decision to leave Irvine and allowing my daughter to see and grow up in a place that is real and understand that life is not always pocket parks, Target, Costco, or Swimming pools there are struggle in people's life, making end meet, pregnant teenagers going to free clinic via buses for prenatal care, Casa Teresa providing hope for them, and homeless people are not just addicts but normal families with mom, dad and kids.

How many of Irvine kids really know that or their parents even really care?

At the end of my life I know that I made a difference in some people's life and I have raised my daughter well with an education that she can help others in need. For those of you thinking that motive is for getting a resume for getting into a good college I will have to say shame on you. If this is how you teach your children then your dad should have spilled his seeds on the ground.

I do this not because I want to show off to a bunch of TI members. It is my personal moral conscience. I moved to Santa Ana long before the existence if IHB. You may not like my method but I am much grounded in reality where my every day experience is surrounded by the true facets of society. You may read about it in book and your children may think it is just TV fiction.

Let me share with you an incident that occurred a long time ago in Santa Ana. A female body was dumped a block east of Harbor Blvd by 1st street. It was near the Ace Hardware store on First street not far from my previous office. I called 911. She was young and looked underage. I later learned that she was the grand daughter of the fame Montessori founder and she was a prostitute. I drive the boulevard with my daughter to let her see the world is not like Irvine. Condoms are being disposed on residents front lawn. Johns were picking up girls driving fancy cars purchased from Irvine and Newport car dealers.

Do I sent my daughter out on the street and be with the runaway teenagers like the Montessori grand daughter because I feel bad for their life and at the very least help them by referring them to the shelter.

There is a difference between helping but not crossing the line. The two are kept separate. Just like helping Santa Ana gang members to focus on the future but not getting involve in their gang turfs. After all, there are risk and it is important to minimize my family in harms way.

I am not perfect and least I am trying help the few that I can afford with time and money that I saved by not contributing to the greedy developer and paying for the unnecessary expensive schools. You may not agree with my tactic but I would be happier to see my saved money making a difference in people's life than to elevate a billionaire up a notch on the Forbes list or some fancy crappy granite counter top or a kitchen remodel. [/quote]

Thank you for sharing the story. I can't imagine how tough that conversation was with your daughter. Like Panda said, you don't have to prove to anyone what your reasoning for your family. Just like the buyers (me, yes I do admit that I am a sheeple in BK's term and I have no problem with it) don't have to prove their reasoning to you, CK, Graphix, Panda and anyone else. You know what's best for you and your family. Yes, your comments are direct and blunt. It will take a lot for the readers (including me) to see the core values you are trying to say. In the end, I believe deep down people are good, it's not because of Irvine or Newport they will act the certain way and I know that you and everyone here fully understand that as well. It's just the delivery of the message is different and it's up to the readers to learn from. I have learn a lot from each and one of you.

[quote author="locolocal"]Grace was the one talking about peeing on people. It must be from the smell of urine from the homeless that permeates the San Ana air.[/quote]

There we go.... that cranial aptitude displays itself again. Transforming the word "pee ons" from BK's post to "peeing on people." I get it. Sure made me slap my knee and chuckle. And stereotyping/generalizing (something you people have been griping on about BK) that all homeless smell of urine... how do you know this?

[quote author="jvna"]And stereotyping/generalizing (something you people have been griping on about BK) that all homeless smell of urine... how do you know this?[/quote]

Did I use the word all? No. I'm sure most homeless people don't smell of urine, but I do know that areas where there is a high concentration of homeless people living on the streets like Santa Monica, downtown LA an San Francisco have a distinct odor about them. Sort of the same smell as the Metros in Paris.

[quote author="locolocal"]Grace was the one talking about peeing on people. It must be from the smell of urine from the homeless that permeates the San Ana air.[/quote]

You complain about Irvine becoming elitist and then you say this.
Btw, I was homeless and smelled like pee.

[quote author="jvna"]Yes, those "comebacks" towards BK are quite the witty ones. They are so relevant and backed with such experience and education. Keep going as you people seem to be on a roll.[/quote]

I think they both could use a copy of this book?

dude+thats+rude.jpg

[quote author="locolocal"]
[quote author="jvna"]And stereotyping/generalizing (something you people have been griping on about BK) that all homeless smell of urine... how do you know this?[/quote]

Did I use the word all? No. I'm sure most homeless people don't smell of urine, but I do know that areas where there is a high concentration of homeless people living on the streets like Santa Monica, downtown LA an San Francisco have a distinct odor about them. Sort of the same smell as the Metros in Paris.[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong, but I also don't recall BK precluding any of his analysis of demographics with the word "all". Maybe he should be given that same leeway in that respect of assuming his analysis doesn't completely apply to "all".

[quote author="hallelujah"]

[/quote]

Awesome... you must have some fantastic stories.

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="jvna"]Yes, those "comebacks" towards BK are quite the witty ones. They are so relevant and backed with such experience and education. Keep going as you people seem to be on a roll.[/quote]

I think they both could use a copy of this book?

dude+thats+rude.jpg
[/quote]

Good suggestion.

My wife said am I crazy for posting til 3am for some mass lynching mobs that really have no appreciation for the knowledge that will unable them to make smart choices in their life. "I need to set my priority straight". She is right!

For the few who come to my rescue I appreciate that and it is you why I am here despite of the Irvine posse.

Even though I am unemployed just woke up from my morning nap in a shack my time is limited between freeway pan handling and blogging.

Since Monday a PM asking me to be involved with postings on another site. I have been contemplating how I should divide my time to become a jack of all trades or master of nothing.

For those that wish to read my informative and educational posts you are welcome to read them on the other site. You are the reason why I extended my stay here.

There is not a better time to exit any site and the members that I care for.

I am not leaving because I am afraid of the mob squad what my native country called as the "red guards".

I am not using my time wisely here arguing why I should send my daughter to schools with high rape and gang problems spoiled by a group of gang bangers while other good kids much less fortunate without resource having to attend a school where safety is emphasized before academic.

The other site needs me more than this site and my time would be much more productive there.

[quote author="jvna"]
[quote author="hallelujah"]

[/quote]

Awesome... you must have some fantastic stories.[/quote]

I smelled that way cause I was in a R Kelly video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=WI6P-fqkiuc&v=W4M3sOth4Xs

[quote author="graceomalley"]My wife said am I crazy for posting til 3am for some mass lynching mobs that really have no appreciation for the knowledge that will unable them to make smart choices in their life. "I need to set my priority straight". She is right!

For the few who come to my rescue I appreciate that and it is you why I am here despite of the Irvine posse.

Even though I am unemployed just woke up from my morning nap in a shack my time is limited between freeway pan handling and blogging.

Since Monday a PM asking me to be involved with postings on another site. I have been contemplating how I should divide my time to become a jack of all trades or master of nothing.

For those that wish to read my informative and educational posts you are welcome to read them on the other site. You are the reason why I extended my stay here.

There is not a better time to exit any site and the members that I care for.

I am not leaving because I am afraid of the mob squad what my native country called as the "red guards".

I am not using my time wisely here arguing why I should send my daughter to schools with high rape and gang problems spoiled by a group of gang bangers while other good kids much less fortunate without resource having to attend a school where safety is emphasized before academic.

The other site needs me more than this site and my time would be much more productive there.
[/quote]

Bk/Grace,

I wish you luck whichever site you wish to post on. I doubt you take any of this personally but in case you did, you shouldn't.

I am grateful for your many insightful posts on both IHB and TI. You have made great contributions as a poster.

But also like many brilliant minds, you are little rough around the edges when it comes to social interaction.

Overall you seem well intended but other times you push all the wrong buttons and get upset when people push back.

I may be wrong (hopefully I am), but you will find that other site boring and come back our way again when the time is right.

Best wishes on your internet journey. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]BK will not leave
Due to folks like Mike and Steve
No one has to grieve[/quote]

What about me FE??

BK, I'm sorry if I've said anything that has offended you.

I'm not proud of myself for spending so much time arguing on the internet rather than doing important things, like spending more time with my son.

We might not agree about a lot of issues, but most of it is probably not worth arguing about. I think we actually DO agree on a number of things, but it's the way you put things that gets me all riled up. I have a feeling it's just the way you come across online and that you're probably a lovely person in real life.

I really do wish you well.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

The other site needs me more than this site and my time would be much more productive there. [/quote]

Yes they do and yes it would... ;) ...but that's just my opinion. 

Back