Lighting

irvinehomeowner said:
I keep forgetting to post this:

ps9 said:
Before she gets here, the bulb finally slips from the slippery claw, and I watch in slow mo as it descends.  Some how in the middle of the descent it caught something and flew at an 45 degree angle downwards, straight onto my couch!  I think my inner chi came to life during the slow mo descent and I hadoken'ed it across the room onto a soft landing. 

2nb7tqd.jpg

actually had a guy I used to work with claim that he could throw "Chi Balls".  lol

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I keep forgetting to post this:

ps9 said:
Before she gets here, the bulb finally slips from the slippery claw, and I watch in slow mo as it descends.  Some how in the middle of the descent it caught something and flew at an 45 degree angle downwards, straight onto my couch!  I think my inner chi came to life during the slow mo descent and I hadoken'ed it across the room onto a soft landing. 

2nb7tqd.jpg

actually had a guy I used to work with claim that he could throw "Chi Balls".  lol

My friend worked with a guy that carried a "light saber" on his utility belt.  That beats your crazy.

Costco has this with $5 instant rebate for $7.89 per bulb.
Feit Electric Br30 Flood Dimmable 13w/65w LED Light Bulb 750 Lumens 110? Degree
http://www.feit.com/led-lamps/Enhance_LED/br30-927-led

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009BQUC1Q?pc_redir=1400249831&robot_redir=1

$18 on amazon and Br30 usually cost lot more than a19 so I think it's a pretty good deal. I like the quality both dim and full. Good light distribution and feels natural like incandescent.

Costco also has those canned light LED converstion kits for $14.99.

I didn't see the BR30s for $5 but that was over the weekend.

IHO.  Did you get the conversion from Costco too?  If so, how do you like it?  Do you have any pictures of the LED lights while they are on compared to the regular ones?  I'm trying to see if it'll look ok in my kitchen.

thank you!

Nope... didn't get the conversion kits.

I'm a 99%er... would rather spend $5.99 than $14.99.

I'll take before/after pics... got too lazy to put them up last night. I'm not too picky about the look... I actually had a mix of the CFL lightbulbs with the incandescent ones but the good thing about the LEDs is they can be dimmed.

I finally put them in.

Looks exactly like the standard light bulbs I had before, maybe even a bit brighter. I would post pics, but you wouldn't be able to tell before from after (I'll post later tonight to see if you can tell).

What I like is that one or two of my older lights would make a buzzing sound when you dim them, these don't at all.

$5.99 well spent as I won't have to change these out until I die.

Meh, I would pass on these cool whites.  It felt too much cubicle fluorescent too me.  Wife immediately vetoed it inside the house.  Our walls are taupe, a definite clash with these pale faint blueish lights.  Looks like I'll be putting these outside only.  Might work better if you have a more modern decor house.  Or you don't like warmth. 

Back