Lighting

Qwerty founded!!

qwerty said:
Just left the Costco at the district and at the front entrance they have a bunch of those LED dimmable lights for $10 you guys were talking about

qwerty, do they looks like this and has a $5 rebate ($7.89 after the rebate)?

Attachments

• Feit BR30 LED.jpg
    Feit BR30 LED.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 365
same brand and the bulb looks the same, but i remember seeing R20 on the package, not BR30 and it was 9.99 after the rebate.

qwerty said:
same brand and the bulb looks the same, but i remember seeing R20 on the package, not BR30 and it was 9.99 after the rebate.

There are 3 different FELT LED bulbs in Costco with the rebate, but the BR30 were the one I am looking for.  I will check Costco today and see if more BR30 are in.

ps9 said:
You're not gonna let that go, are you?  99%er all day everyday!
Nope. I own it because it's true.

It's my counter to people who say "If you're buying a $x home, then you shouldn't worry about paying another $y in Mello Roos or additional mortgage".

The fact that I worry about those $y is why I have the money to buy an $x home.

Every dollar I save on renting Redbox, buying cheaper lights, etc... that's 1/83413091434th more I can afford on buying a home. :)

If some one needs A-19 bulbs and is in Edison's service area, bulbs.com has a really good price on them. They are $3.49 per bulb.  Shipping is free for order $75 or or more, but a steep $9.95 for any thing less then $75.

This is the direct link to the bulbs:http://www.bulbs.com/espec.aspx?ID=23774

They are 60W, 2700K, 82 CRI, 800 lumens, dimmable and can be used in enclosed fixtures.

You have to go through this link and enter your zip code to get the discounted price http://www.bulbs.com/socaledison.aspx.

You can only order 16 bulbs under one name.  If you need more, just place another order under your spouse's name. So, if you order 16 of them final cost will be about $4.11 per bulb
I have bought quite a few of them and they seem to work well. I have been using them in my bedroom's recessed lights as well. 

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
You're not gonna let that go, are you?  99%er all day everyday!
Nope. I own it because it's true.

It's my counter to people who say "If you're buying a $x home, then you shouldn't worry about paying another $y in Mello Roos or additional mortgage".

The fact that I worry about those $y is why I have the money to buy an $x home.

Every dollar I save on renting Redbox, buying cheaper lights, etc... that's 1/83413091434th more I can afford on buying a home. :)

I'm never going to play bball with you again... srs

the one i got at costco district yesterday (thanks to qwerty) was the 2 pack 45W equivalent dimmable LED for $9.99 ($19.99 - $10 rebate).  Limit 10 2-packs .    Actually not sure if 45W would be bright enough, but can always return if ever :)

Just went to Tustin Ranch Costco, they have the BR30 in stock, about ~100 left., They are $12.89 minus 5 dollar off.  so $7.89 each... 

package look little different from Inc posted.,  I believe one has better CRI (93+) rating

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 201
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 183
I don't like the TR costco, if a fattie decides to clean out the demo food, I'll have to wait behind him since I won't have room to maneuver around.  Seen way too many angry cart pushers to endanger my kid and my Achilles' tendon there.

Back