Let's Ball It Up!

yeah marketplace 24 hour bball court is closed this weekend :(  I guess there is always the Spectrum one.    I was thinking more if anyone knew of a public gym that is open on Saturdays for you guys.  I may be able to join this weekend since fields are going to likely be rained out.

Where do you play on Sundays?  I got invited to play in a league on Sunday nights.  When I asked where, he said at various high school gyms in Irvine.  Is this the same league?  Whats the name of the league?

I used to be with 24Hr. but my membership expired... :'(
But I think I'm getting more exercise done without it, just balling it on the courts more often than before or taking advantage of the apartment's workout gym

@Homer: where's the league at and do you pay for it?

26inirvine said:
Where do you play on Sundays?  I got invited to play in a league on Sunday nights.  When I asked where, he said at various high school gyms in Irvine.  Is this the same league?  Whats the name of the league?
That's probably the Irvine City League. They usually play at Woodbridge or Uni High.

Fast Action and Hoops Unlimited also play at some locations in Irvine but I think usually Irvine Valley College.

I play at the ABA league.. www.asianhoops.net or I am called in as a ringer at another one in Arcadia.

I think I pay around 90-100 for my portion on the team for the ABA league.  Covers ref fees and all the games... Your team supplies their own jerseys.

Nope!  Homer didn't call bank ;)

I wanna play in a league but I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, prolly not in Irvine though...my friend who lives in Torrance paid less than $100 for one...not sure of the name though...

26inirvine said:
Did he call bank?
"Supermarket bank"

It was Saturday morning after all.

And to clear the record... they were not intentional... no one usually guards me at the 3 point line but this stubborn guy kept forcing me to throw up wild shots (*cough* Homer *cough*).

Baller4Life said:
Nope!  Homer didn't call bank ;)

I wanna play in a league but I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, prolly not in Irvine though...my friend who lives in Torrance paid less than $100 for one...not sure of the name though...
  Price per person generally depends on how many people are on the team.  It is kind of a trade off in whether you want more playing time (less players)  or lower cost (more players).  Or you can just be one of those guys that never subs out....

irvinehomeowner said:
26inirvine said:
Did he call bank?
"Supermarket bank"

And to clear the record... they were not intentional... no one usually guards me at the 3 point line but this stubborn guy kept forcing me to throw up wild shots (*cough* Homer *cough*).

We all won once, that's all that matters  :D

I still need to check out the other bball courts in Irvine one of these days.

irvinehomeowner said:
26inirvine said:
Did he call bank?
"Supermarket bank"

Looks like me and Homer are made for each other.  I don't give up open 3's either (one of my biggest pet peeves is when my teammates do) unless its like Shaq out there.  2 on 2 is tougher since you don't really have the same kind of help defense behind you so generally give more space.  I'm confused...why did you have to shoot crazy shots from out there if covered?  No other options?

26inirvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:
26inirvine said:
Did he call bank?
"Supermarket bank"

Looks like me and Homer are made for each other.  I don't give up open 3's either (one of my biggest pet peeves is when my teammates do) unless its like Shaq out there.  2 pn 2 is tougher since you don't really have the same kind of help defense behind you so generally give more space.  I'm confused...why did you have to shoot crazy shots from out there if covered?  No other options?

IHO was toying with us after he "Mozgoved" me.  I think he felt sorry for embarrasing me infront of all the pretty girls doing Pilates/Yoga near the bball court so he just started chucking up 3 point bank shots. 

I heard that IHO was an Irvine street ballin legend back in the days.. they called him "The Flying Austrian"

26inirvine said:
I don't give up open 3's either unless its like Shaq out there.
And that's why people usually give me open 3s. Big boned guys like me don't belong outside the arc.

I'm confused...why did you have to shoot crazy shots from out there if covered?  No other options?
Well... considering I weigh more than both Homer and Baller put together, it would have been unfair if I Shaq'ed them on the inside... I did go inside a few times but usually a "finesse" move with my left. Plus 3 is more than 2 and takes less energy!  :p

homer_simpson said:
IHO was toying with us after he "Mozgoved" me. I think he felt sorry for embarrasing me infront of all the pretty girls doing Pilates/Yoga near the bball court so he just started chucking up 3 point bank shots. 
Hehe... I think you have it backwards. Once you started guarding my 3... I had to pull the "Malone" out of the archives.

I heard that IHO was an Irvine street ballin legend back in the days.. they called him "The Flying Austrian"
Flying and IHO have never been uttered in the same sentence until now... I think you are suffering from 3am donut making sleep deprivation.

And Homer, what do we know about Baller? Never let him go right with that money short/jump hook (how do I describe it?).

Is it the Shawn Marion runner?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9VlWmHZRA
[/youtube]
or the Tony parker floater?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4x-r3C78c[/youtube]

Back