Let's Ball It Up!

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
If you guys want to meet up early Saturdays to play some ball, I'm game too :)
Time and place home-slice.

We should probably find a court where no one is around so maybe other TI-ers will show up and not worry about being able to have mad baller skillz.

What's central to you guys? Northern Irvine (north of Irvine Center Drive) or Southern Irvine?

And someone should bring donuts. :)

There's a court that is normally empty Saturday mornings in North Park Square.... There are tables for donuts too. 

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:
If you guys want to meet up early Saturdays to play some ball, I'm game too :)
Time and place home-slice.

We should probably find a court where no one is around so maybe other TI-ers will show up and not worry about being able to have mad baller skillz.

What's central to you guys? Northern Irvine (north of Irvine Center Drive) or Southern Irvine?

And someone should bring donuts. :)

I'm in North Irvine...
How about everyone else? :D

I'll go wherever you guys go.

Does the Northpark Sq court have ample parking and restrooms? I think it's full court too (not like we would run full court because I doubt we'll have 10 guys).

Why do the restrooms matter... what are you going to do, spend an hour fixing your hair? That's a question I would ask. You're a guy. Just pee in the bushes. (Sorry. I'm a boy mom.)

SoCal78 said:
Why do the restrooms matter... what are you going to do, spend an hour fixing your hair? That's a question I would ask. You're a guy. Just pee in the bushes.

Next weeks irvine police blotter:  northparksq, three men indecent exposure and eating donuts without HOA authorization.  Cited and released to their better half.

SoCal78 said:
Why do the restrooms matter... what are you going to do, spend an hour fixing your hair? That's a question I would ask. You're a guy. Just pee in the bushes.
Oh no you diduuunnnnt!

If Homer brings donuts... and my girthy frame jostles around too much... it won't be the standing up kind of relief I'll be looking for.

How did you know it takes an hour to fix my hair?

I'm sorry. The more polite term would have been "water the flowers". What can I say. I'm outnumbered 3:1 at home. I think in practical guy-terms all of the time. There is a solution to your second "dilemma", by the way.

The hair - easy. You're a very methodical person. You carefully think through everything you say & do.

Sup guys, just balled it up at Beckman High from 6:30 to 8:30 tonight.  Good runs, good games.  I'm not sure if any of you showed up tonight or not but I was there...I think I saw Homer out there with grey Stanford sweater on.  Was that you Homer?  I had the green hoodie on...
Post replies if you were there!  ;D

When I got there, there were 9, so I got in the game right away, had no time to stretch.  Later more people started showing up.  There were about 15 total after first few games.  Played 2 full court games and went home.  Yea, didn't see any big guy with an outside j :-\

It's ok Homer, I'm starting to know TI-ers one by one, hehe.  At least you showed up like you said you would. 
We are not flakers! lol
Maybe we can get a TI Saturday morning game goin this weekend?
around 8am?  Who's down? :)

I'm good with 8 AM, if IHO comes out I'll reward him with donuts.  :D

I don't know where anyone plays that early though.

8am is usually when I play anyways (used to start at 7am when the Marines were still around)... that way I have the rest of the day to do stuff... although now... it's rest of the day to recuperate.

You guys sound like young bucks so take it easy on the old fat guy okay?

@Baller: Sounds like you are familiar with Irvine pick-up ball... where do you usually play?

I try to play as much as I can, as often as I can, just anywhere I can join a full court or half court pickup games.  I'm near Heritage and Orchard, so I try to see if there are any pickup games around there.  If not, I go as far as Settler's Park.  But I would love to drive less and save gas and go to the nearby ones....Heritage or Orchard.  But I wanna check out other locations as well even though they might be little bit farther away.  After playing at Beckman High last night, I thought the court was slanted little bit.  I played at Beckman before and my back started to hurt little bit after playing few games.  Beckman location is good, except for the slanted-ness...I don't know if you guys noticed it while playing there.  I also know 2 hidden half courts nearby Beckman, some of u guys might know.  It's within the business complexes.  I used to play over there with my church friends every Thursdays i think....but anyways...

How does 8AM this Sat. (3/10) at Orchard Park sound?  If it is crowded, we can always hop over to nearest Heritage Park since there's 2 full courts there as well. 

Let me know people!  ;)

I usually play volleyball behind the business complexes next to the bball courts you are talking about...

by the way.. where is Orchard Park?  We could definitely meet there, I'll probably just ride my bike there if it's not too far. Look for the lonley soul riding the tandem.

Orchard Park is right across from Heritage Park on Yale and Roosevelt.  Go north on Yale, make a right on Roosevelt, and make the first right into the small street, should be on the right side, street park. 
Hope it's close enough for you Homer!
Check it out... ;)

Orchard Park is fine... it's where I used to play early morning weekend ball until they closed the Marine base.

No one shows up there for full court games (although I think a group starts coming by at around 9:30).

@Homer:

Orchard Park is off of Yale and Roosevelt, just south of Trabuco. It's across from condos and you can see the courts from the curb.

So it is it only going to be 3 of us?

Homer
IHO
Baller

IrvineRealtor has game but he might be busy... anyone else wants to come out? Don't worry... I probably suck compared to the young-uns.

Sounds good.. I could just ride my tandem bike there as it's only 3 miles away.

If we could get a full court game going that would be awesome!

Back