Let's Ball It Up!

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
This will be my only appearance in 2014.  lol

But you still have a spot open for a snack at Eleven46 with me anytime, right? :)

It's open! Beignets and Caphe Sua Da on me  8)

Thank you.  :-* Mwah.

The eggrolls they have there are meh... The owner's very nice though and really tries to make all the customers happy.

homer_simpson said:
The eggrolls they have there are meh... The owner's very nice though and really tries to make all the customers happy.

You know what, I thought of you on Monday when I stopped by there again. I almost sent you the signal to come down & say hi but I ended up leaving quickly because I had my first bad meal there, couldn't eat more than a couple bites. However, the owner is SO NICE. He recognized me IMMEDIATELY when I walked in even though he only saw me one time prior! I don't know how he did that! He automatically picked up our conversation where we left off a week before! They are really sweet people. I will try something different next time.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

You know what, I thought of you on Monday when I stopped by there again. I almost sent you the signal to come down & say hi but I ended up leaving quickly because I had my first bad meal there, couldn't eat more than a couple bites. However, the owner is SO NICE. He recognized me IMMEDIATELY when I walked in even though he only saw me one time prior! I don't know how he did that! He automatically picked up our conversation where we left off a week before! They are really sweet people. I will try something different next time.

I always get the vermicelli noodles and bbq pork with an eggroll.  The fish sauce is good too :)

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

I always get the vermicelli noodles and bbq pork with an eggroll.  The fish sauce is good too :)

Do you mean the Spicy Pork? I haven't seen bbq pork on the menu.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

Do you mean the Spicy Pork? I haven't seen bbq pork on the menu.

sorry yes, spicy pork

I like eleven46.  Great place to watch people hold their chopsticks at the very bottom causing them to stick their fingers in the sauce or broth, haha.

I've been there a few times and liked each of my meals. I'd recommend going on a day that they are serving pho.  They only serve one type. sorry dac biet lovers.

The owners are very friendly and truly care about their customers.  I had an unfortunate event with them forgetting my wife's pho for over 30 minutes (yes, i am patient) and they were sincerely apologetic which was very commendable.

Not too bad given that this is the demographic.
1942.jpg

It's nice when I don't have time to drive to Westminster or Garden Grove. 

homer_simpson said:
Hit me up next time you go bud! I wanna race you down Alton!

Uhh...  :-\ not sure if you're serious but just fyi, Homer, you might want to reconsider that. North-bound, the left lane on Alton is now covered in steel plates and many chunks of asphalt(?). It was a scary, rough ride for me the other day. Couldn't escape the lane due to extra traffic which, btw, was still doing the regular speed limit of 60 despite everything going on. Some drivers are rubber necking at the development and aren't paying attention, won't let you in/out. South-bound, the lanes are temporarily bottlenecked. It's down to one for a short stretch after the on-ramp. Just watch out. Activity on both sides, both directions.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

Uhh...  :-\ not sure if you're serious but just fyi, Homer, you might want to reconsider that. North-bound, the left lane on Alton is now covered in steel plates and many chunks of asphalt(?). It was a scary, rough ride for me the other day. Couldn't escape the lane due to extra traffic which, btw, was still doing the regular speed limit of 60 despite everything going on. Some drivers are rubber necking at the development and aren't paying attention, won't let you in/out. South-bound, the lanes are temporarily bottlenecked. It's down to one for a short stretch after the on-ramp. Just watch out. Activity on both sides, both directions.

Naw it's an inside joke with me and Mr. Coleman

homer_simpson said:

What you bringing?  If it ain't a typeR it ain't a tiite car!

Get some Eleven46, get two iced coffees, and stay up all night singing karaoke at my house. 

Coleman said:
homer_simpson said:

What you bringing?  If it ain't a typeR it ain't a tiite car!

Get some Eleven46, get two iced coffees, and stay up all night singing karaoke at my house.

Probably a Toyota Prius :p

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

But you still have a spot open for a snack at Eleven46 with me anytime, right? :)

Just got back from Eleven46.

So awkward.

The minute I walked in, the owner asked me, "Why you no like my sausage. Huh?!?  :-["

Like I mentioned before, he has an INCREDIBLE memory. The walls have eyes! He's talking about last week when I had two bites of his grilled pork spring roll. He seemed hurt by that. I was really struggling to find a suitable answer. None of the ones in my head seemed okay to say out loud & I didn't want to make him sad.  He was going to discount my entire bill this time  but I said that's ok, I'll pay. We settled on about half. Very nice man. I'm sorry I no like his sausage or his rice wrapper or fried whole green onions. I'm doing the best I can. At least today was good.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:

Just got back from Eleven46.

So awkward.

The minute I walked in, the owner asked me, "Why you no like my sausage. Huh?!?  :-["

Like I mentioned before, he has an INCREDIBLE memory. The walls have eyes! He's talking about last week when I had two bites of his grilled pork spring roll. He seemed hurt by that. I was really struggling to find a suitable answer. None of the ones in my head seemed okay to say out loud & I didn't want to make him sad.  He was going to discount my entire bill this time  but I said that's ok, I'll pay. We settled on about half. Very nice man. I'm sorry I no like his sausage or his rice wrapper or fried whole green onions. I'm doing the best I can. At least today was good.

You went in there.  That's more than one can say for a lot of people.  Stepping outside of one's comfort is always challenging to do especially with food.  The first time I tried to get my mom and sister to drink milk tea with boba, you could have thought we were on Fear Factor. 

The rotisserie looked pretty good there.  I am eager to go back, but then on the weekend, we've been shopping for furniture and Costa Mesa is too close to Westminster, Garden Grove, etc. to eat a meal in Foothill Ranch.

Back