Laurel at Cypress Village

start picking out your lot

142u59g.jpg

Nice lots!!  And significant numbers of home have no back neighbors,  but too bad the lot size is still kind of smallish.

Meggie said:
Test, do you know what streets are bordering Laurel?

I'm going to jump in and answer this....

Bay tree, Roosevelt, and Scented Violet.  Laurel are located south/west of Marigold, right across Roosevelt. 

I'm not sure if other communities are similar, but one entry way for 60 or so homes (basically 2 separate entryway for the whole community) ?  what happens if there is an accident that block the entryway ?  I know it could happen on any cul de sac road, but most culdesac I know are just one street (thus few houses affected if it ever happens).

GH said:
I'm not sure if other communities are similar, but one entry way for 60 or so homes (basically 2 separate entryway for the whole community) ?  what happens if there is an accident that block the entryway ?  I know it could happen on any cul de sac road, but most culdesac I know are just one street (thus few houses affected if it ever happens).

I suppose that's still better than Pavilion Park, where 720 homes only have 1 road for entry.

test said:
GH said:

I suppose that's still better than Pavilion Park, where 720 homes only have 1 road for entry.

That's crazy.  Isn't there a fire hazard or safety code for that??  What about for emergency vehicles?? I'm just shocked Irvine would do such poor infrastructure planning.

test said:
GH said:

Ridge Valley is a pretty wide road and at least resident can go out either Portola or Irvine Blvd (plus Prospect and Port as mentioned by notTHEoc).  From the map, looks like the Laurel entry is just a regular tight two way street .. I'm not defending PP or degrading Laurel.. just curious of this setup ..

GH said:
test said:
GH said:

Ridge Valley is a pretty wide road and at least resident can go out either Portola or Irvine Blvd (plus Prospect and Port as mentioned by notTHEoc).  From the map, looks like the Laurel entry is just a regular tight two way street .. I'm not defending PP or degrading Laurel.. just curious of this setup ..

Ridge Valley is also a two way street.  Prospect and Port funnel into Ridge Valley, so it's still a single entry for 720 homes.

test said:
GH said:
test said:
GH said:

Ridge Valley is also a two way street.  Prospect and Port funnel into Ridge Valley, so it's still a single entry for 720 homes.

Portola Spring also basically has two exit points.  Lambert Ranch has one?

Seriously troubling especially since they're in prime wildfire country.

If you have at least two exits points (especially large roads exit points), the chances of both exit points completely blocked at the same time is minimal to non-existent.  My thing with the Laurel layout is it has only ONE exit point (and looks like a tight road based on the map).  A car accident in that intersection can basically completely block the entry/exit for everyone in that portion of the community.    Again, this is not CV vs PP vs PS argument  .. I'm just curious of the setup.

GH said:
If you have at least two exits points (especially large roads exit points), the chances of both exit points completely blocked at the same time is minimal to non-existent.  My thing with the Laurel layout is it has only ONE exit point (and looks like a tight road based on the map).  A car accident in that intersection can basically completely block the entry/exit for everyone in that portion of the community.    Again, this is not CV vs PP vs PS argument  .. I'm just curious of the setup.

What if there's an accident at the intersection of Compass and Pavilion Park, everyone west of Pavilion Park is trapped.

GH said:
I have one regular exit (another one is permanently closed by a gate and is designated as an emergency entrance/exit only) for ~100 SFRs. The only times for 14 years the exit was blocked was slurry sealing. Even when a house next to the exit caught fire, it was not blocked. A 2 car fender-bender won't block a 2-way street. It's not like there are 18-wheelers driving through the hood.

skiwhistler said:
GH said:
I have one regular exit (another one is permanently closed by a gate and is designated as an emergency entrance/exit only) for ~100 SFRs. The only times for 14 years the exit was blocked was slurry sealing. Even when a house next to the exit caught fire, it was not blocked. A 2 car fender-bender won't block a 2-way street. It's not like there are 18-wheelers driving through the hood.

thank you.  I had a simple question/concern and for some reason, it keeps getting diverted to X community is better than Y argument.

Back