Laurel at Cypress Village

Agree; I grew up in Irvine and parents had a fairly decent sized yard.  I don't ever recall after the age of 7 playing in the back or front yard.  All my friends played at/near the elementary school and various greenbelts. 

LongIrvine said:
Agree; I grew up in Irvine and parents had a fairly decent sized yard.  I don't ever recall after the age of 7 playing in the back or front yard.  All my friends played at/near the elementary school and various greenbelts.

Right, it serves as a great confined play area for young kids. After that, the backyard serves as an occasional entertaining space, but mainly additional space from your rear neighbor and a pretty green area outside of your windows.

Perspective said:
LongIrvine said:

Right, it serves as a great confined play area for young kids. After that, the backyard serves as an occasional entertaining space, but mainly additional space from your rear neighbor and a pretty green area outside of your windows.

I appreciate the niceness of having a big green yard...but I also appreciate the fact that I didn't have pay a ton to landscape my backyard or pay high maintenance fees.  One of the things about master planned communities is that your kids can play at the local park.

So driving around the neighborhood, I notice that the vast majority of homes have a car parked outside on the street. Are the garages really that small where you can't fit 2 cars in there?

viobruin said:
So driving around the neighborhood, I notice that the vast majority of homes have a car parked outside on the street. Are the garages really that small where you can't fit 2 cars in there?
Probably is that a lot of people use their garages for storage as well.  Hence the need for 3-car garages.

Ppl hoard things in their garage or use it as a workshop. If it gets reported to hoa that someone is consistently parking their second car on the street, they'll come inspect your garage to see that the space isn't being used in other ways.

Even without a lot of crap, some people don't park two cars bc they have a hard time loading them (esp 2 big ones). This is where a minivan comes in handy :)

viobruin said:

Storage space, place to play cards, toddlers play in the garage space, workshop, etc...

Once you have kids, the garage becomes a play space, not in the ps9 household of course only in those that can't plan or rent their residence.  I can't fathom parking my beloved car in the driveway.  Depending on how strict the HOA is, hoarders can continually pile up crap in the car space and park in the driveway.  It takes one measly day to throw your shit out of your garage.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was getting worried that perhaps it wasn't possible to fit two cars inside the garage.

Back