Land SE of PS/Altair (Modified: Environmental Concerns Broadly)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
I can share the independent research again if you would like.  ;)

It?s almost common sense.

This is one research on US. It's a government website (not sure if you'll feel more reliable or not). https://www.epa.gov/transportation-...ents-and-success-air-pollution-transportation

I think the vehicle emission/pollution got a lot better over the last 40 years.

Of course you will find one that fits your argument.

This one actually says there's a lot more to be done so it's not really supporting the idea of living next to freeways is good which is not my argument either anyways.

You can share what you've found or your opinions. I've shared mine and what I've found. But I think no one really has a 100% absolute answer on this.

I personally choose not to live close to freeways/busy roads.

Mety said:
WTTCHMN said:
Mety said:
I think Frank R. Bowerman Landfill uses state of the art technology that would not cause gravy?

IHS says no:https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15322.msg310897.html#msg310897

I see IHS as a master designer for residential homes. But I personally don?t find any reason to trust him in other matters. According to BTB/YF, he is not God. He might be a prophet. False or true prophet is the question...

How do you remember what Belly thought of him? (Which leads me to believe)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
WTTCHMN said:
Mety said:
I think Frank R. Bowerman Landfill uses state of the art technology that would not cause gravy?

IHS says no:https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15322.msg310897.html#msg310897

I see IHS as a master designer for residential homes. But I personally don?t find any reason to trust him in other matters. According to BTB/YF, he is not God. He might be a prophet. False or true prophet is the question...

I'm saying only from out of what he said. He made it all "x" but I remember him saying that when he was debating with IHO. But who cares? >:D

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
WTTCHMN said:
Mety said:

I'm saying only from out of what he said. He made it all "x" but I remember him saying that when he was debating with IHO. But who cares? >:D

Either you have a good memory or....

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
WTTCHMN said:
Mety said:

Either you have a good memory or....

I ain't no YF, bro. mountaineer might be..

Like the difference between Lexus and Toyota, or Rolex and Tudor, TIC always opens developments in a hi/lo price mix in order to capture the widest market:

2000: Nortpark ? West Irvine
2003: Quail Hill ? Oak Creek
2006: Woodbury - Portola Springs

We shouldn?t criticize the Lexus owner for foolishly overpaying, nor should we look down on the Toyota driver for wanting a good value.

I don?t think those pairings are accurate either. W irvine was not a tic project. Hi-Lo pairings are northpark-northpark square, Woodbury-Woodbury east, stonegate-stonegate east. Compared to the original villages, the add-on villages convey ?value? in that they coattail off of the original vallage?s allure while providing lower quality amenities. When u look at the master planning of ps, there is no valueeningineering in terms of amenities or product attributes. Just look at the ambiance of enclave 1. Why cheaper? It?s a function of its proximity to amenities, including the 5/405. the pricipal demeriting factor for ps has been its distance and delays in executing on the promised amenities, which tic has finally been constructing lately, due to its ip projects.For the longest time, ps has been out in the boonies w no construction around it. Now w its own 2 elem schools, upcoming childcare, recently constructed sports park, tic doubling down its marketing on ps due to ip, gp amenities under construction in its vicinity, I believe ps may have a large long term upside potential, esp given gp homes? high mr and once the new home smells are gone and ppl realize the downsides of living in 3 story homes.

USCtrojan?best Irvine realtor?has been saying this for a while. All the other communities have already shown their potential, but PS has yet to show its potential.

OCLuvr said:
USCtrojan?best Irvine realtor?has been saying this for a while. All the other communities have already shown their potential, but PS has yet to show its potential.

I've always believed this because of the upcoming potential once the full build out of PS occurred hence why I would have bought a Las Ventanas Plan 2 back in 2012 but I got a great deal on a short sale in West Irvine.  It would have been great if they would have built a shopping center where Portola Elementary is but that won't be a huge issue as they'll build retail at the Great Park in the next few years. Irvine Company will flex their marketing muscle to change the conception of Portola Springs from a value village to a premium village now that they are selling homes in the prime location of Portola Springs (they did mistake thinking that they can get premium prices right off the bat without using momentum of sales like the builders did at Pavilion Park). 

No problem!  Now where's that air pollution thread eyephone was going to start. 

mountaineer said:
akkord said:
mountaineer said:
Read all of my previous posts. Undesirable factors for PS are well documented by me. Done with replying to you. There is not a single point to prolong this. You've been laughed at by multiple people. Because you simply seem to forget the highway hazards of 405 and 5 bordering so many other villages. It's simple. It's purposefully turning a blind eye, and then defending yourself by "sticking with facts" and asking unnecessarily dump questions about "do I want to be closer to toll road or farther away". Let me think! I'll get back to you on that.

I got the first person to ignore me on TI.  >:D

I'm still sticking by the fact that the Toll Road is probably the worse environmental concern that I know of. 

And I never disagreed with this guy/girl that living near the 5 or 405 was better, where did I say that.  In fact I think it's way worse and would never choose to live close to either. 

akkord said:
eyephone said:
Living by the 5 and 405 ain?t no joke.
I don't think anyone can dispute that, but mountaineer went on a rant when I said living by the toll road is bad for you. 

akkord said:
I would say all freeways are an environmental concern, the noise that would come with it is bad enough for me to avoid any homes near any freeways or major streets.  This would be for all Irvine homes. 

akkord said:
As for living near a toll road/fwy/major street, I stand by that it's a health hazard, doesn't matter which Irvine village you live in, go back to my original post, I wrote it depends on how close your home is to the toll.  My quick google search gave me the below.  Is the 5 or 405 worse, yes, but the toll road isn't good for you either. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/...tied-to-developmental-delays-in-children.htmlhttps://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/outdoor/air-pollution/highways.htmlhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/...-might-be-affecting-your-health/#1bc90d970175

great, got it! thanks for your clarifications.

Things came up. TI has to take a back seat.

akkord said:
No problem!  Now where's that air pollution thread eyephone was going to start. 

mountaineer said:
akkord said:
mountaineer said:
Read all of my previous posts. Undesirable factors for PS are well documented by me. Done with replying to you. There is not a single point to prolong this. You've been laughed at by multiple people. Because you simply seem to forget the highway hazards of 405 and 5 bordering so many other villages. It's simple. It's purposefully turning a blind eye, and then defending yourself by "sticking with facts" and asking unnecessarily dump questions about "do I want to be closer to toll road or farther away". Let me think! I'll get back to you on that.

I got the first person to ignore me on TI.  >:D

I'm still sticking by the fact that the Toll Road is probably the worse environmental concern that I know of. 

And I never disagreed with this guy/girl that living near the 5 or 405 was better, where did I say that.  In fact I think it's way worse and would never choose to live close to either. 

akkord said:
eyephone said:
Living by the 5 and 405 ain?t no joke.
I don't think anyone can dispute that, but mountaineer went on a rant when I said living by the toll road is bad for you. 

akkord said:
I would say all freeways are an environmental concern, the noise that would come with it is bad enough for me to avoid any homes near any freeways or major streets.  This would be for all Irvine homes. 

akkord said:
As for living near a toll road/fwy/major street, I stand by that it's a health hazard, doesn't matter which Irvine village you live in, go back to my original post, I wrote it depends on how close your home is to the toll.  My quick google search gave me the below.  Is the 5 or 405 worse, yes, but the toll road isn't good for you either. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/...tied-to-developmental-delays-in-children.htmlhttps://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/outdoor/air-pollution/highways.htmlhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/...-might-be-affecting-your-health/#1bc90d970175

great, got it! thanks for your clarifications.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don?t think West Irvine was a TIC hood.

Part of West Irvine north of Myford (Independence) is not TiC but the part of West Irvine between Irvine and Myford is TIC.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:

I've always believed this because of the upcoming potential once the full build out of PS occurred hence why I would have bought a Las Ventanas Plan 2 back in 2012 but I got a great deal on a short sale in West Irvine.  It would have been great if they would have built a shopping center where Portola Elementary is but that won't be a huge issue as they'll build retail at the Great Park in the next few years. Irvine Company will flex their marketing muscle to change the conception of Portola Springs from a value village to a premium village now that they are selling homes in the prime location of Portola Springs (they did mistake thinking that they can get premium prices right off the bat without using momentum of sales like the builders did at Pavilion Park).

They should have named it Portola Hills or something to get the premium price.

Portola Hills already exists in Lake Forest BTW .

Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:

Portola Bluffs  :)

Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:

Portola Bluffs  :)

Just got an idea.

Portola Canyon

TIC  and PS home owners could have made extra 10% from that name.

Back