Land SE of PS/Altair (Modified: Environmental Concerns Broadly)

zubs said:
Is Northpark more expensive then PS?

Go do a search and look at $/sqft. I am not here to analyze the trends over and over again. It was posted on my prior posts, the performance of all villages on SALES in the last 6 months. You can do your own search. But comparing two singular sales against each other absolutely means nothing. Lazy analysis is worse than no analysis. And then you have the qualitative factors that USCTrojanCPA pointed out, that will not be present on any sales data. Proximity to a shopping center walking distance is one that my in-laws will not live without. Community make-up, parks, hill vs no hill, lot views, all of that makes or breaks it for each buyer.

mountaineer said:
Read all of my previous posts. Undesirable factors for PS are well documented by me. Done with replying to you. There is not a single point to prolong this. You've been laughed at by multiple people. Because you simply seem to forget the highway hazards of 405 and 5 bordering so many other villages. It's simple. It's purposefully turning a blind eye, and then defending yourself by "sticking with facts" and asking unnecessarily dump questions about "do I want to be closer to toll road or farther away". Let me think! I'll get back to you on that.

I got the first person to ignore me on TI.  >:D

I'm still sticking by the fact that the Toll Road is probably the worse environmental concern that I know of. 

And I never disagreed with this guy/girl that living near the 5 or 405 was better, where did I say that.  In fact I think it's way worse and would never choose to live close to either. 

akkord said:
eyephone said:
Living by the 5 and 405 ain?t no joke.
I don't think anyone can dispute that, but mountaineer went on a rant when I said living by the toll road is bad for you. 

akkord said:
I would say all freeways are an environmental concern, the noise that would come with it is bad enough for me to avoid any homes near any freeways or major streets.  This would be for all Irvine homes. 

akkord said:
As for living near a toll road/fwy/major street, I stand by that it's a health hazard, doesn't matter which Irvine village you live in, go back to my original post, I wrote it depends on how close your home is to the toll.  My quick google search gave me the below.  Is the 5 or 405 worse, yes, but the toll road isn't good for you either. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/...tied-to-developmental-delays-in-children.htmlhttps://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/outdoor/air-pollution/highways.htmlhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/...-might-be-affecting-your-health/#1bc90d970175

I thought since you had all the knowledge done already you would have a quick answer.  I don't really care about this topic.  Most of the time, I just write shit to get reactions.

akkord said:
mountaineer said:
Read all of my previous posts. Undesirable factors for PS are well documented by me. Done with replying to you. There is not a single point to prolong this. You've been laughed at by multiple people. Because you simply seem to forget the highway hazards of 405 and 5 bordering so many other villages. It's simple. It's purposefully turning a blind eye, and then defending yourself by "sticking with facts" and asking unnecessarily dump questions about "do I want to be closer to toll road or farther away". Let me think! I'll get back to you on that.

I got the first person to ignore me on TI.  >:D

I'm still sticking by the fact that the Toll Road is probably the worse environmental concern that I know of. 

And I never disagreed with this guy/girl that living near the 5 or 405 was better, where did I say that.  In fact I think it's way worse and would never choose to live close to either. 

akkord said:
eyephone said:
Living by the 5 and 405 ain?t no joke.
I don't think anyone can dispute that, but mountaineer went on a rant when I said living by the toll road is bad for you. 

akkord said:
I would say all freeways are an environmental concern, the noise that would come with it is bad enough for me to avoid any homes near any freeways or major streets.  This would be for all Irvine homes. 

akkord said:
As for living near a toll road/fwy/major street, I stand by that it's a health hazard, doesn't matter which Irvine village you live in, go back to my original post, I wrote it depends on how close your home is to the toll.  My quick google search gave me the below.  Is the 5 or 405 worse, yes, but the toll road isn't good for you either. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/...tied-to-developmental-delays-in-children.htmlhttps://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/outdoor/air-pollution/highways.htmlhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/...-might-be-affecting-your-health/#1bc90d970175

great, got it! thanks for your clarifications.

zubs said:
I thought since you had all the knowledge done already you would have a quick answer.  I don't really care about this topic.  Most of the time, I just write shit to get reactions.

Yeah, again a bunch of children in these forums. Type away. That's the way this country is being run actually. Reactions. Great stuff!

mountaineer said:
akkord said:
mountaineer said:
The reality is when in person, you'd out-loud tell someone 241 is the "main" health hazard of living in PS, people would burst out laughing and tell you to look at where you live, LA, OC, filled with highways and tell you to go live in Montana.

What's the main health hazard in PS if not the Toll Road since I'm being laughed at, you must have another opinion?  If all else equal would you pick the house closer to the Toll Road or further away?

I'm still waiting for your list of cons of PS?  You've addressed a bunch of my posts, but haven't my question yet.

Every village has it's flaw.  I don't believe PS has any any legit health hazards, however it is probably considered a higher fire danger area.  The heath hazard topic lies squarely with the GP neighborhoods due to being on a superfund site.  Being next to the 241, or any freeway for that matter, can't be THAT bad.  Half of LA is next to at least one freeway or another. 

I'd also like to remind everyone that PS has some great value for those that really want their kids in Portola HS.  That shouldn't be understated.

How are the new ones at PS doing (Hillside, Bluffs, and Highlands)?

Here is the quote I got from villagesofirvine.com

"VILLAGE OF THE YEAR
Portola Springs, the best kept secret in Irvine, is now the Village of the Year according to the Irvine Standard. Living here will connect you with everything you need and love, including: 
-New Loma Ridge Elementary, a state-of-the-art facility, emphasizing in the latest and greatest technology
-New Portola Springs Community Park, a public 32-acre hilltop park with sports courts, playgrounds and community center
-Connected to nature with spectacular views of Loma Ridge and access to miles of trails
-Nearby shopping, dining and entertainment at Irvine Spectrum Center and more just minutes from home
"

Hey, mountaineer, did you write this?

Mety said:

"VILLAGE OF THE YEAR
Portola Springs, the best kept secret in Irvine, is now the Village of the Year according to the Irvine Standard. Living here will connect you with everything you need and love, including: 
-New Loma Ridge Elementary, a state-of-the-art facility, emphasizing in the latest and greatest technology
-New Portola Springs Community Park, a public 32-acre hilltop park with sports courts, playgrounds and community center
-Connected to nature with spectacular views of Loma Ridge and access to miles of trails
-Nearby shopping, dining and entertainment at Irvine Spectrum Center and more just minutes from home
"

Mety: What?s your thoughts about CV?
Really close the the busiest freeway in California.

eyephone said:
Mety said:

"VILLAGE OF THE YEAR
"

I've said this before, but "my thoughts" are I think CV homes closer to Trabuco where the freeway noise is not heard are OK. I've done a test actually to see how far I had to be from the I-5 to be able to have minimal noise in "my ears" (very subjective, right?). I started to hear less from around the elementary school.

Now, I haven't done an accurate test with a machine like this to see the air quality.
https://www.grainger.com/product/20Z194?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5_bXnduh5gIVrx6tBh2A2QluEAQYAiABEgIpXvD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI5_bXnduh5gIVrx6tBh2A2QluEAQYAiABEgIpXvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916686277!!!g!82166347917!

But I have run withhttps://breezometer.com/.And the air quality from CV is just as fine as other Irvine areas. Yes, living near 241 is just fine according this air quality detector. What I have found though was that overall Irvine air was not as good as I thought.

For me though, I once lived where kids were racing from 12am-4am (yes, DJ) so I'm done with living near the busy road. It's not for the air quality I'm choosing not to buy near the busy road but to be able to sleep without hearing car exhausts you never thought existed.

How can the air quality be the same with freeway traffic 247 nonstop? Noise and air pollution

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

"VILLAGE OF THE YEAR
"

I've said this before, but "my thoughts" are I think CV homes closer to Trabuco where the freeway noise is not heard are OK. I've done a test actually to see how far I had to be from the I-5 to be able to have minimal noise in "my ears" (very subjective, right?). I started to hear less from around the elementary school.

Now, I haven't done an accurate test with a machine like this to see the air quality.
https://www.grainger.com/product/20Z194?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5_bXnduh5gIVrx6tBh2A2QluEAQYAiABEgIpXvD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI5_bXnduh5gIVrx6tBh2A2QluEAQYAiABEgIpXvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916686277!!!g!82166347917!

But I have run withhttps://breezometer.com/.And the air quality from CV is just as fine as other Irvine areas. Yes, living near 241 is just fine according this air quality detector. What I have found though was that overall Irvine air was not as good as I thought.

For me though, I once lived where kids were racing from 12am-4am (yes, DJ) so I'm done with living near the busy road. It's not for the air quality I'm choosing not to buy near the busy road but to be able to sleep without hearing car exhausts you never thought existed.

eyephone said:
How can the air quality be the same with freeway traffic 247 nonstop? Noise and air pollution

Well, I'm not an expert on air quality. Maybe PM Yelly? :D

I've seen some other videos too that near the freeway actually doesn't have as much pollution as people think. I think the particles and smog kind of dissipate quick and don't really come in contact with people or homes with closed windows. Of course if you stand on the middle of the freeway 24/7, that's a different story. I also saw some tests showing the exposure of smoking or second hand smoking is a lot worse than being next to freeways. But again, I'm not the expert on this.

eyephone said:
It?s more than you think.
Why did universities did research for people living next to the fwy?

B/c that research his easier to do and easier to draw conclusions from. 

Just like it's easy to draw a conclusion that overweight people who live next to a McDonald's got fat by eating at that McDonald's.  But those overweight people might have eaten poorly even if that McD's was there. 

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
It?s more than you think.
Why did universities did research for people living next to the fwy?

B/c that research his easier to do and easier to draw conclusions from. 

Just like it's easy to draw a conclusion that overweight people who live next to a McDonald's got fat by eating at that McDonald's.  But those overweight people might have eaten poorly even if that McD's was there.

That?s a negative. We can have a discussion regarding the study.

* This one of the reasons why Yelly kept on talking about wearing masks.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
I can share the independent research again if you would like.  ;)

It?s almost common sense.

This is one research on US. It's a government website (not sure if you'll feel more reliable or not). https://www.epa.gov/transportation-...ents-and-success-air-pollution-transportation

I think the vehicle emission/pollution got a lot better over the last 40 years.

There?s too much to talk about and discuss regarding air pollution. Ths is more of a PS thread. I will start a new thread when I have time prob later today.

Back