Lambert Ranch in Irvine

irviniteeee said:
traceimage said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
IndieDev said:
I love Mexican food, but I have to admit I'm a sellout, I like Mexican food at places like Javier's on PCH.
I really liked the one in the Spectrum but something change in their recipes about a year or two ago (around the same time they changed their chips from the thin ones to the thicker ones). They have changed the chips back... but some of their food just isn't as good as it used to be (not sure how it is at PCH).

I'm a sellout in the other direction... I love Alberto's/Alberta's/Albertaco's/Alerto's/Albatross or whatever those copycats call themselves... 3 rolled tacos or chips with carne asada all day (and to my early grave).

Im always looking for a place that has Carne Asada fries, nothing better than fries, finely chopped up carne asada and nacho cheese sauce. The best i have found is in El Cajon, on Second street.

I love carne asada fries and the associated "California burrito." Apparently they are big in San Diego but hard to find in OC. Where is this El Cajon place...2nd Street where?

BEST CARNE ASADA FRIES ARE AT ALBATROS IN LAKE FOREST ON ROCKFIELD NEXT TO THE HAT AND LAKE FOREST LANES!

I like their food, but I always feel like something is missing. It's like I expect it to have a bit more flavor, and I take a bite, and it's not there. But it's still pretty good. I like the fact that their fries maintain their crispiness even when covered by the meat/cheese/guac.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sad! Lambert ranch got beat out by a taco.

If their PR folks bothered to keep up with this TI thread, they could have steered the topic back to their project. Until they drop some floor plans on the web, we will continue on the merits of Mexican food  :D

The Estates will have a detached flat at the rear of the property that is separated from the main house with its own living area for the grand parents since they are the ones came up with the money to buy the house.

The aspect of these homes I find most desirable is the separate living quarters, a separate "casita". That's what I absolutely love about Alta plan 1 in San Clemente by Standard Pacific Homes. I work nights and it'd be nice to have separate sleeping quarters so that my partner could go about his usual business in the house during the day without worrying about noise. I'd have already bought an Alta plan 1 if not for the fact that it's so far south in San Clemente.

To maintain the community and the rec area the HOA due will be high not having enough of a critical mass. if anything the HOA and MR will be a setback.

irvinehomeshopper said:
To maintain the community and the rec area the HOA due will be high not having enough of a critical mass. if anything the HOA and MR will be a setback.

Better to keep the buyers...I mean riffraff away  ;)

Just FYI, I went to Albatros over the weekend, because this thread gave me an insane craving for carne asada fries. My husband asked me why I wanted to go there out of the blue (since we haven't been there in forever), and I said, "Because everyone on Talk Irvine was discussing Mexican food," and he was like, "Uh, I thought that forum was about real estate?" Hehe.

Me too.

But I went to Alberto's off of Edinger the other day... no Carna Asada chips because it was lunch... I would go into a coma in the afternoon.

Maybe I like their rolled tacos because they put TONS of cheese on them.

I was at Chapman University and almost went to one of these Chinese Donut places around there on Glassell. I almost went to a Taqueria but had Waffle Chiken instead.

Well, Larry Webb isn't a blood sucking demon who will live until he's 2,000 years old unlike Donald Bren. Bren needs the extra MR money to fund the purchase of young virgin women from the country pronvinces of China and Korea which he needs to consume every full moon to stay alive. Mello roos is all about survival for TIC.

I have to imagine the MR are just for the profit margin. The bonds are taxable Munis so there is no benefit to owning them either. TIC's lifeblood is the red towel "Apartment Homes" that keep appearing like herpes sores across the landscape.

Terran said:
You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

Only a stupid person would buy near a Landfill. Hey honey, i love the smell of garbage while having BBQ!

Props to the New Home Company doing something unexpected like this.  It'll be interesting how much they increase the prices of the home, but if they keep it to less than $50k it'll be a win for the potential home buyers.

Who cares I am buying it to be a slumlord to anchor baby mamas.

socalquest said:
Terran said:
You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

Only a stupid person would buy near a Landfill. Hey honey, i love the smell of garbage while having BBQ!

Back