Lambert Ranch in Irvine

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/27/local/la-me-carousel-shell-20100427

When this 50 acre neighborhood was sold developers and oil company swore the development met all industry standard in remediation and mitigation. Guess what! several decades later these homes are worth Nada. I hear this too frequently that the industrial sites and landfills all met the industry standard and it's containment is forever safe and invincible from failing.  I remembered this project and those who bought in the only new neighborhood built in the Carson area where the surrounding cities had no new homes. Buyers were excited like LR. History repeats itself and only those who have been around long enough to witness its vicious cycle.

Over time developers became smarter to landscape around these industrial wasteland eyesore. After all these lands were cheap and a dense grove of trees was cheap compared to money saved on scrap land.

This is a lesson learned. Do not replace a home builder with a politician.

iacrenter said:
TNHC has done a great job with LR given the obvious drawbacks to its location. TIC should be taking some serious lessons from this project as they plan out OH. The community design and execution is superior to LA. Just driving through the LR gates and up the long roadway leading to the clubhouse has a much better feel than staring at the obtrusive wall that welcomes you at LA. The LR floorplans are innovative and modern--no more TIC recycling here. If TNHC had designed and priced LA, it would be sold out already--what a fail for TIC. Someone there should have been fired already!

The big deciding factor will be community location. While I do love the elevation aspects of PS/LR, proximity to the dump/prison/toll road/etc... must be seriously considered.

In the end, I am very happy TNHC has brought this community forward and given consumers more choices. Maybe this will make OH that much better.

I've signed up a few buyers at LR and they are well aware of all the negatives of LR & PS.  They will be buying a home with eyes wide open.  No project in Irvine or any other city is perfect, there will be pros and there will be cons to consider in making the ultimate decision in buying a home.  Those buyers love the elevations and floor plans at LR as well as the fact that there is no Mello Roos.  They also feel, like I do, that once Portola Springs is fully built out with a school and a shopping center that it has the best chance of price appreciation versus any other newer development area in Irvine (Laguna Altura, Stonegate, etc).  And it's clear that they are not alone considering that TNHC keeps selling out their homes soon after they are released.  I wouldn't be surprised if LR is all sold out before the end of the year, making Laguna Altura a complete flop in comparison.  Sure hope TIC is taking some notes....

USCTrojanCPA said:
I.  They also feel, like I do, that once Portola Springs is fully built out with a school and a shopping center that it has the best chance of price appreciation versus any other newer development area in Irvine (Laguna Altura, Stonegate, etc).

By the same token, the same negatives regarding PS/LR also make it has the best chance of price free falling versus any other newer development area in Irvine, let's say for example, after EPA labels LR area as a superfund site due to landfill pollution. When that happens, rkp's wife's tear becomes tear of joy, provided they don't ultimately buy a different lot and settle somewhere else.

And yet you bought in WI...

The Motor Court Company said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I.  They also feel, like I do, that once Portola Springs is fully built out with a school and a shopping center that it has the best chance of price appreciation versus any other newer development area in Irvine (Laguna Altura, Stonegate, etc).

By the same token, the same negatives regarding PS/LR also make it has the best chance of price free falling versus any other newer development area in Irvine, let's say for example, after EPA labels LR area as a superfund site due to landfill pollution. When that happens, rkp's wife's tear becomes tear of joy, provided they don't ultimately buy a different lot and settle somewhere else.

And yet you bought in WI...
If the short sale over in WI wouldn't have worked out (had a high chance of that happening with the crazy soon-to-be ex wife) I would have bought a Plan 2 home over at Las Ventanas.  You can confirm with the sales folks over there that I was fairly high up on the priority list and was pre-approved with their in-house lender. 

most buyers, regardless of their profession, have the herd mentality - if homes are being sold out, it must be a good value and all the negatives don't matter any more. I think part of reason LR sells well is due to the pent up demand for large and multi-degenerational homes;  and once it picked up the momentum it would become self fulfilling.

Unfortunately, when it comes to resale, new buyers won't remember the selling frenzy that took place and true market values will surface.

How is Monticito doing today? How about the attached condos in SGE or WBE (Ivy)? I am talking about some of the more popular products in the 2010 New Home Collection and they don't seem to be doing very well today.

PS/LR is still too far out to me to see marked price appreciation... even after school and shopping build out.

By that time, the Great Park homes will be for sale and I'm confident that their prices will keep any appreciation in check.

While that should overflow to Stonegate... Laguna Altura is another matter as there are ZERO new homes in Irvine in that area in that price range. TIC messed up LA by trying to squeeze in too many homes when they should have stuck to their original plan of making it more spaced out with more parks. Hidden Valley should also be one of the more premium areas in Irvine if/when it gets built and will still have the "coastal canyon" premium (if such a premium exists).

If I had $1mil and had to buy brand new in Irvine... I would probably go for the smaller home in LA that has a location farther from the freeways. If I had $1mil to spend on ANY home in Irvine... it would definitely be resale in one of the nicer areas named after an animal.

Exactly. PS/LR have to share the roads (Sand Canyon, Modjeska, Irvine Bld)  with the 10000 homes incoming from Heritage Fields.
Between PS/LR and HF, I will choose HF location wise (non-view lots). One has landfill the other has TCE and radon poisoning though.

Stonegate's ultimate competition is Woodbury. One is more central, much nicer amenities and has the shopping center, but it is slightly older, has more apartments and attached products and inferior schools.

For brand new homes under 1 million, despite the ugly layout and density, Cortona is the best bet in terms of resale value, as long as LA is zoned to University HS.

But the 3 animal villages, are the top 3 villages after Shady for a reason. Northwood Pointe is my 5th ranked neighborhood in Irvine. The market values of these homes have been proven through plenty of resale data and history.

irvinehomeowner said:
PS/LR is still too far out to me to see marked price appreciation... even after school and shopping build out.

By that time, the Great Park homes will be for sale and I'm confident that their prices will keep any appreciation in check.

While that should overflow to Stonegate... Laguna Altura is another matter as there are ZERO new homes in Irvine in that area in that price range. TIC messed up LA by trying to squeeze in too many homes when they should have stuck to their original plan of making it more spaced out with more parks. Hidden Valley should also be one of the more premium areas in Irvine if/when it gets built and will still have the "coastal canyon" premium (if such a premium exists).

If I had $1mil and had to buy brand new in Irvine... I would probably go for the smaller home in LA that has a location farther from the freeways. If I had $1mil to spend on ANY home in Irvine... it would definitely be resale in one of the nicer areas named after an animal.

amphibian?

irvinehomeowner said:

As a community ages gracefully. It is not the great room or the California room that hold the community together and destined to its timelessness. Nature and its picturesque quality are why we all love these communities you cited. I love the mature trees, organic and natural clustering of vegetations. They are not rigid. Even to certain extent Northwood Pointe is gridded but the eucalyptus trail is meandering.
Exactly. PS/LR have to share the roads (Sand Canyon, Modjeska, Irvine Bld)  with the 10000 homes incoming from Heritage Fields.
Between PS/LR and HF, I will choose HF location wise (non-view lots). One has landfill the other has TCE and radon poisoning though.

Stonegate's ultimate competition is Woodbury. One is more central, much nicer amenities and has the shopping center, but it is slightly older, has more apartments and attached products and inferior schools.

For brand new homes under 1 million, despite the ugly layout and density, Cortona is the best bet in terms of resale value, as long as LA is zoned to University HS.

But the 3 animal villages, are the top 3 villages after Shady for a reason. Northwood Pointe is my 5th ranked neighborhood in Irvine. The market values of these homes have been proven through plenty of resale data and history.

irvinehomeowner said:

I know someone who bought a Cortona on Modena road for $960k based, and will probably spend about $50K for upgrades for a total of about $1.01 million.

The Cortona tract is now selling fast on Tesoro road.

These are real Single Family Residences. You won't find too many SFRs in Irvine in the future.

So better buy an SFR now or you will lose out.

jamboreedude said:

I know someone who bought a Cortona on Modena road for $960k based, and will probably spend about $50K for upgrades for a total of about $1.01 million.

These are real Single Family Residences. You won't find too many SFRs in Irvine in the future.

And be priced out forever?  :p

jamboreedude said:

I hope you are being sarcastic--so hard to tell on the Internet--because you sound like a realtard:

"Buy now or be priced out forever"

"These are the last true SFH that will be built on the Ranch"

Just saw a short clip on ABC news regarding the trend of multi generational living in new home construction. And guess who they featured? Lambert Ranch/TNHC. They will probably play the story again tonight and later upload the video to their website.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/consumer&id=8682668

It is very interesting to finally learn Arman's last name and profession. How did he get interviewed by ABC but not ihs?

iacrenter said:
Just saw a short clip on ABC news regarding the trend of multi generational living in new home construction. And guess who they featured? Lambert Ranch/TNHC. They will probably play the story again tonight and later upload the video to their website.

It is very interesting to finally learn Arman's last name and profession. How did he get interviewed by ABC but not ihs?

iacrenter said:

maybe cause arman is an actual buyer.  IHS has been commenting on the project forever but only recently visited it...

any way, congrats arman for making it on prime time tv

iacrenter said:
jamboreedude said:

I hope you are being sarcastic--so hard to tell on the Internet--because you sound like a realtard:

"Buy now or be priced out forever"

"These are the last true SFH that will be built on the Ranch"

shill.  I called that when he had 2 posts

jamboreedude said:

Fast compared to what? The last time I checked (~1 week ago) Cortona had six homes available -- 4 from the latest phase and 2 from the previous phase. The models were deserted. LR models around the same time were teeming with people.

Back