Laguna Altura in 2011

irvinehomeowner said:
SGIP... stop buzz-killing my Laguna party.  :p

Altura = Italianesque word for hill (Spanish for height)
Crossings = Smacks of roads and traffic

No wonder they changed the name.
Laguna Altura is Italianesque as you can get.  haha  I might drop by and in a fake Polish accent ask them if they will accept suitcases full of Euros.

IHR - I'm not firehosing, merely re-spinning from experience. I grew up in Laguna (kudo's to my parents for that blessing...) and know what that area's like that TIC's developing.

To continue forward to the "why question" - Why buy in Laguna Altera at those prices, adding in the Mello Roos and HOA dues, when you could buy a property in Laguna Beach for about the same expense? The schools are comparable. You are giving up "new" and some time on the road each day - but there is a huge difference between living at the beach compared to living next to the 5/405/133.

The LA development confuses me somewhat given the prices buyers are going to pay versus the alternatives out there.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

No prob SGIP... I jest about LagAlt... I am familiar with that fragrance you speak of as I've biked the 133 a few times (when I was young and not as... uh... big boned).

The biggest difference is new vs. old. I don't think TIC is making the comparison of living in LagBeach vs LagAlt... just that you are close enough to LagBeach to go there more often. The key comparison is to Quail Hill (which I stated in my QH thread)... and for people who've been looking to buy in QH, LagAlt makes a good replacement for a little lower pricing.

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
$6,000 a year MR, hahahaha
Dan Young says that is a bargain for the privledge of living in Laguna Altura.

Yeah, what's $400,000 in taxes and HOA over 25-30 years? Oh yeah, more than 78% of the average U.S citizen's retirement fund.  :-\

Does anyone know when/if they will build houses on the open land/hills at the cornet of Jeffrey & 405fwy (north of Quail Hill). How come there are no plans to build there yet? I think that is one of the BEST locations in Irvine!

bones said:
markspitz11 said:
Does anyone know when/if they will build houses on the open land/hills at the cornet of Jeffrey & 405fwy (north of Quail Hill). How come there are no plans to build there yet? I think that is one of the BEST locations in Irvine!

I think what you are referencing is the quail hill open space preserve so it's not zoned for development.

Why not?? It's the perfect place for houses! Why is it protected and other places are not protected?

The Laguna Altura sign is up at the Laguna Canyon Road entrance, sorry, Pavona Street.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.6409&lon=-117.75816&zoom=16&layers=M

Is this the one further down the road between the end of Santa Maria Ave, and El Toro Rd. (right side of the 133 if one is heading northbound)?

sgip said:
That's not the smell of the Laguna Beach ocean, it's the reek of the Laguna Lakes swamp. LL is the only naturally occuring year round freshwater lake in OC, but it's also a mosquito farm and gets pretty stinky during some parts of the year. The 133 used to pass right by it, but since the re-formatting of the road you can only see it if you try to.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

iheartdebt said:
Is this the one further down the road between the end of Santa Maria Ave, and El Toro Rd. (right side of the 133 if one is heading northbound)?

sgip said:
That's not the smell of the Laguna Beach ocean, it's the reek of the Laguna Lakes swamp. LL is the only naturally occuring year round freshwater lake in OC, but it's also a mosquito farm and gets pretty stinky during some parts of the year. The 133 used to pass right by it, but since the re-formatting of the road you can only see it if you try to.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

I had to look on the maps, since santa maria avenue is part of seizure world, and no one under 90 knows the street names in there!

but yes.  the lakes are actually quite pleasant and you can walk around them if you park at the NIX nature center (off the 133).  but there is a big (mile plus) buffer of deeded open space between LA and the lakes.

I was just checking them out again and ...wtf were they thinking with San Remo Plan 2's 4th bedroom?  Other than "let's squeeze a few extra square feet into the same lot without having to make any structural changes".  Lazy, lazy, lazy.  You'd think for the extra premium(s) of LA they could come up with a few more original plans..if only to sprinkle in with the old ones. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Not sure if anyone noticed but their Villages of Irvine page is up:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Residences/Laguna-Altura.aspx

And I got the email blast that the models are open to the public this Sunday, May 15.

Take a look at their pdf flyer that includes a blown up map of the community:http://www.villagesofirvine.com/assets/pdfs/LagunaAltura_ModelUnveiling.pdf

I noticed that several of the Sienna lots on the South & North edges of the community will have relatively large lots. I still don't like the motor court but at least a few people willing to spend the $$$ can have a decent yard.

Formal Advertising = Email every day asking to sign up on interest list.

Didn't get that for LA. In fact, just by the fact that no one noticed their TIC page was live before I did is proof (everyone else seems to be scooping me on new homes info these days... I'm always late to the party).

I feel kind of jaded about going to the LA grand opening this Sunday...due to the utter lack of originality, even for TIC.  I could just look at the same models elsewhere and avoid the crowds.  Anyone else planning to go?

I'm going just to see the area.

The floorplans are a little different (moreso in the SFRs than the detached condos) so I want to see what could have been in Stonegate.

It's interesting that they are doing it like Quail Hill where you park in one common lot and get shuttled to the different 'hoods.

It all depends. Any announcement about First Class Pizza, Flame Broiler, or In and Out?  If not it will have to be within the next month or so. The floor plans are near carbon copies of what TIC are currently selling in SG and WB.

Back