Laguna Altura in 2011

irvinehomeowner said:
kayochan said:
... any where near the old el toro base will probably have some contaminated water underground... 
So according to test, "all of Woodbridge" is toast too.

Wouldn't this make WBE ideal since they have that huge water tank next to them? Even Portola for that matter?

Other than an elevated location next to a lake, I think being on cliffs near the ocean would work... steady food supply as long as the sea life isn't zombtaminated, you could desalinate sea water and you only have to worry about attacks from one side (unless zeds learn how to swim or can walk underwater). No wonder ocean-front property is so expensive... it's that z-premium.

Actually, I think the TIC apartment complexes, gated ones of course, provide a really good opportunity to holdout under a zombie apocalypse. Here's why:

- Compound is completely surrounded by wall, with usually only two entries in. Easily defensible with a only a few armed men.
- Numerous swimming pools provide ample water storage
- interior pocket parks provide tillable land for food.
- underground parking lots provide great defensible command center, as well as potential hospital, and barracks.

Via Sienna on Jamboree and Michelson would be my choice if I was stuck in Irvine.

IndieDev said:
Actually, I think the TIC apartment complexes, gated ones of course, provide a really good opportunity to holdout under a zombie apocalypse.
The problem with apartment complexes is due to the high density of people, there is high density of zed threats. The pro to that is there should be ample food supplies and other things to find as you clear out each unit and if you get lucky, will find enough non-infected to form a core group to defend the complex.

I would prefer a more remote area to defend, because in most zompocs... the other less moral survivors pose an even greater threat.

irvinehomeowner said:
IndieDev said:
Actually, I think the TIC apartment complexes, gated ones of course, provide a really good opportunity to holdout under a zombie apocalypse.
The problem with apartment complexes is due to the high density of people, there is high density of zed threats. The pro to that is there should be ample food supplies and other things to find as you clear out each unit and if you get lucky, will find enough non-infected to form a core group to defend the complex.

I would prefer a more remote area to defend, because in most zompocs... the other less moral survivors pose an even greater threat.

If there's ever a zombie outbreak, I'll just head down to the nearest pub ala Shaun of the dead.  Plenty of food and drinks to keep me busy and a small area to guard.  Maybe Buffalo Wild Wings on Culver?  Unfortunately no English pubs in irvine. 

irvinehomeowner said:
the other less moral survivors pose an even greater threat.

I agree. When the food starts running low, and the ammo is gone, you better know how to kill using a stick, or your bare hands. In the end, people will start to willingly eat each other, and you better know how to defend yourself.

Which dawn of the dead movie with John Leguizamo?  The zombies walked along the bottom of a lake?  All it takes is one "smart" zombie to figure how to navigate the ocean currents.. no place is safe

ps99472 said:
Which dawn of the dead movie with John Leguizamo?  The zombies walked along the bottom of a lake?  All it takes is one "smart" zombie to figure how to navigate the ocean currents.. no place is safe
Land of the Dead.

They also learned to shoot guns in that movie too... bleh.

Zombies should be slow-walking corpses... none of these fast-running, adapt-like-the-Borg ones we see today.

Movies with zombies we could actually hope to fight off with proper preparation:
- The Walking Dead (AMC)
- Cemetery Man
- Night of the Living Dead

Zombies that would overwhelm even a defensible position:
- 28 Days Later
- Zombieland
- I am Legend
- Dawn of the Dead

Got a call from LA sales that the special preview day for prequal folks is May 14th..  I will be there with my iPhone.. hopefully they'll let us take pics..  aw.. wait... do i need pics?  same floorplans as the ones in Stonegate...  Maybe i'll get shots of the 405 and 133... 

ps99472 said:
Got a call from LA sales that the special preview day for prequal folks is May 14th..  I will be there with my iPhone.. hopefully they'll let us take pics..  aw.. wait... do i need pics?  same floorplans as the ones in Stonegate...  Maybe i'll get shots of the 405 and 133... 
Do you feel special that you'll be there for the special preview day?  I double dare you to ask the LA sales people for the infrastructure cost breakdown along with the interest rate at which the bonds were financed at to justify the high Mello Roos (prepare yourself for a empty blank stare back from them).  :p

Did they ask you to bring TWO suitcases of cash?

Where did you sign up for Lag Alt prequal? I signed up for the interest list but that's it. I want to be special.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did they ask you to bring TWO suitcases of cash?

Where did you sign up for Lag Alt prequal? I signed up for the interest list but that's it. I want to be special.
LA is calling you IHO...you can not resist...give in to the temptation. 

I'm not a wealthy baller like Indie... but if I were in the market for a $1mil SFR, like someone else said, I would consider Cortona over San Marino and considering that Olivos is at $1mil+, Cortona has better floorplans (well... the Plan 2).

IndieDev said:
$6,000 a year MR, hahahaha
Compared to Columbus Grove (I think theirs was $9000 per year), that's not too bad.

And if you're gonna pay $5000 per year in WB, SG or PS... the extra $1000 for that gate and smell of the Laguna Beach ocean should be worth it right?

Note to TIC: Please don't use that in your marketing materials.

That's not the smell of the Laguna Beach ocean, it's the reek of the Laguna Lakes swamp. LL is the only naturally occuring year round freshwater lake in OC, but it's also a mosquito farm and gets pretty stinky during some parts of the year. The 133 used to pass right by it, but since the re-formatting of the road you can only see it if you try to.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

SGIP... stop buzz-killing my Laguna party.  :p

Altura = Italianesque word for hill (Spanish for height)
Crossings = Smacks of roads and traffic

No wonder they changed the name.

Back