Laguna Altura in 2011

sgip said:
Whomever priced those homes did not consider that for about 15 more minutes on the road, a buyer could be IN Laguna Beach, albeit with an older home, but at the same payment as L.A. The project still makes little sense to me at those prices.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.
There will be some heads that will roll over at TIC if sales continue to be this slow, you can count on that.

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
Maybe buyers are waiting for Hidden Canyon.  I know I am.
Wait... why don't you want to live in Columbus Square with all those amenities and infrastructure?  ;)

Prices there are too low.  Which means a lot of riff raff.  Might be a good fit for you though.  :)

test said:
Which means a lot of riff raff.  Might be a good fit for you though.  :)
Dang... that hurt.
tumblr_lkile1uCai1qjcvo5o1_500.jpg

Smell it, smell it, smell it, now take it. That's for you.

sgip said:
Whomever priced those homes did not consider that for about 15 more minutes on the road, a buyer could be IN Laguna Beach, albeit with an older home, but at the same payment as L.A. The project still makes little sense to me at those prices.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

This has been my main criticism against LA. When you factor the MR, and HOA, a buyer could choose to live on verified vermin land in "Irvine", or actually buy a house in Laguna Beach with an ocean view.

Gee, very difficult choice.  ::)

Irvine and Laguna Beach are one and the same, Democrat majority.  So is Santa Ana, hmmmm....

sgip said:
What is Hidden Canyon? Link?

I don't think we have links yet, but it's supposedly just south of Laguna Altura.  On the other side of Lake Forest Drive they are currently grading the area for the new development.  I thought they were going to be bigger homes, with views, but someone mentioned they were going to be custom lots like Shady Canyon.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll face Laguna Canyon as there are some views there. If they face Saddleback, given what will be replacing Wild Rivers, they'll have views as well - but only during concerts or contingent on what people are doing in their apartments with the drapes open.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

shokunin said:
I don't think we have links yet, but it's supposedly just south of Laguna Altura.  On the other side of Lake Forest Drive they are currently grading the area for the new development.  I thought they were going to be bigger homes, with views, but someone mentioned they were going to be custom lots like Shady Canyon.
So we can assume that these properties will also have Shady Canyon level pricing?  I never understood why someone with that much money would want to live in Irvine and not Newport.

NoSoup4U said:
shokunin said:
So we can assume that these properties will also have Shady Canyon level pricing?  I never understood why someone with that much money would want to live in Irvine and not Newport.

I asked that same question, and got a response from NonFCB basically saying foreign chindians don't like Newport.  ::)

Here are pictures of the sales progress that I snapped when I was over at Laguna Altura looking at Siena, San Remo, and Cortana.  Looks like Sienna is going the worst...when will TIC start offering some incentives or drop the prices to get sales going??? 

Here is Cortana's sales board.

Attachments

• Cortana.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 378
We were at Siena a week before the price drop and a week after the price drop (last Sunday) and noticed there was no increase in the number of sold buttons - only 3 sold buttons as of last Sunday morning (same number of sold button as picture on Siena sales board from USCTrojanCPA dated June 26, '11 - before the price drop).  Looks like the inventory is not moving as fast as TIC has hoped with the price drop.  Wondering if the same is happening at other Laguna Altura communities - San Remo, Cortona, etc.. ? 

frank69m said:
So I guess the people who purchased before the price drop are "hosed"?

i might be wrong but i believe they only have a small deposit holding the house until its ready to move in and then they buy it.  i remember seeing $10K but this was a few years ago.  so if their house is still being finished, chances are builder gives them new pricing but if their house is already done and they bought it, then they are SOL

Back