Laguna Altura homes

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sorry Indie, your cooking was terrible last night I had to use the entire bottle to gargle the bad taste out of my mouth.

IndieDev said:
rkp said:
LAtoOC said:
Thread Summary:
Indie - "I look down at you 2% ers"
IHO - "You are mean"
Indie - "Haha you are sensitive"
IHO - "Blow me"
IHS - "I know a place where that is possible"
Everyone Else - "WTF happened to LA?"

indie - you may be the richest person on this board, maybe even the wisest in terms of finance and investments, but you sure arent a nice person.  maybe you have some serious issues bothering you

I do have some issues.

My last bottle of La Mondotte was used up last night during a dinner party, and we're talking $500 a pop. So it seems I'll have to do an extensive search to find a proper replacement that fits my standard. Also, my Game of Thrones Season 1 Blu-Ray was delayed even though I paid for the over night shipping from Amazon.

Sometimes life is tough, and I do lash out from time to time.

It's okay IHS, just make sure to replace it when you come back over next week.

IndieDev said:
traceimage said:
IndieDev said:
I don't think iho can help but lie. Even his screen name is a big fat lie.

Why would you say IHO is a liar? Not cool.

That's the traditional term one uses when someones is being dishonest. Is there another one that is more appropriate?

I am curious why you think IHO is lying about owning a home in Irvine.

IndieDev said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Again... how have I been dishonest? You need to start proving your accusations... which reminds me, didn't you say you bought in Irvine in the 90s... yet you own a home in Quail Hill?

See what I mean? This is another perfect example. I've NEVER claimed to live in Quail Hill, yet here is IHO purposefully posting yet another lie to try and distort facts.
My mistake... I misunderstood this quote:
Indie said:
The best one I've gotten (in my sig): "You are just a whining loser here hoping that Irvine house price can be 50% off so that you can afford a house here." - NonFCB... said to a guy who actually owns in Quail Hill.  :D
I thought you were referring to yourself, but you were referring to another poster. But in that same thread, when someone posted Redfin comps of Quail Hill (or Turtle Ridge?), didn't you say you own a similar home?

It doesn't matter... I apologize for the misunderstanding.

You don't remember who NonFCB said that quote to? Really? He's one of the biggest Quail Hill fans here on this website.

Also the thread you're talking about is the one where NonFCB claimed that that the higher end was selling like hot cakes in Irvine (they weren't), and he knew what prices they would sell for. I replied that I owned a home close by and knew exactly what homes were selling for in the neighborhoods he was referencing. I never have said publicly on TI where I live, or what neighborhood my home resides within. It's not something I've ever made public (mostly out of fear that one of you psychos might try to track me down). The only person who may have an inkling may be SoCal78 who actually has my home office IP address. I don't mask that with any proxy IP.

IndieDev said:
Also the thread you're talking about is the one where NonFCB claimed that that the higher end was selling like hot cakes in Irvine (they weren't), and he knew what prices they would sell for. I replied that I owned a home close by and knew exactly what homes were selling for in the neighborhoods he was referencing.
I'm too lazy to find it and quote it, but from what I recall your post made it sound like you owned a home similar to the ones he was posting about intimating you know what QH (or TRidge?) valuation was... but if you don't actually live there... that weakens your stance. I believe I even asked you about something because you didn't know a certain street that backed that area.

Again.. no big deal to me... but why are you so sensitive about what I say anyways?  ;)

Well I find most cowards and liars offensive. I couldn't stand the company of such scum in real life, and over the internet, I find it's just as repulsive.

traceimage said:
IndieDev said:
traceimage said:
IndieDev said:

That's the traditional term one uses when someones is being dishonest. Is there another one that is more appropriate?

I think it's because I own mortgage and not a home?

Which... if that's bad... I have news for him... his favorite posters own mortgages too... as do many members here. But I'm not sure how that is dishonest.

IndieDev said:
Well I find most cowards and liars offensive. I couldn't stand the company of such scum in real life, and over the internet, I find it's just as repulsive.
So I'm not invited to the housewarming?  :'(

irvinehomeowner said:
traceimage said:
IndieDev said:
traceimage said:
IndieDev said:

I think it's because I own mortgage and not a home?

Which... if that's bad... I have news for him... his favorite posters own mortgages too... as do many members here. But I'm not sure how that is dishonest.

Because you have a mortgage, as opposed to owning your home free and clear? That's kind of silly.

I thought maybe he had done some research into your past and discovered some scandalous secret. Like the real reason you left Austria!

i'd like to make a bet with anyone who will take it.  my house is in escrow and i'll have some cash to play with soon.  we have hard-core perma bears conviced that irvine is way over priced, and 20% on the downside seems to be acceptable. 

since, i'd like to have a house in laguna altura (what happened to this thread!) but don't like the price, maybe you can help me out (indie, home shopper... sounds like you guys have the money to spare anyways). 

right now, cortona 2's base price is at around $353/ft or $960K.  If what you say is true, and that fundamentals will prevail of the "ridiculousness" in Irvine and that people will be screwed if they buy, let's make a $100,000 wager (I'm really not kidding).  I will bet you that the price of said house will not drop by 20% over the next 2 years (we can negotiate term) which would be about $282/ft or $768,000.  If the price of this model (and a sale closes) at $768,000.... at some point over the next 2 years, I WILL PAY YOU $100,000 cash.  We can even pick a mid-point at a 1 year mark.  If the price has dropped 10%, then I pay you $50K, but if not, you pay me $50K.  How does that sound? 

You can sit there like scrooge mcduck on your pile of money and contemplate this (im sure this amount means nothing to you) but im willing to put my money where my mouth is.  irvine may have some downside, but i dont see laguna altura selling in the 280's...  which would probably mean that i could get a 2500 sq ft home in northpark or northwood pointe for about $700K.  if anyone thinks that will EVER happen in the near term i'd say you are smoking crizack. 

for me, im willing to part with $100K... why?  because if prices drop that much, ill still come out ahead (in my distorted view)... so let's find away to settle all this chest pounding to settle this once and for all.  any takers?

The freeway (Laguna Canyon Road/133) look will be lessen in the years ahead as TIC owns the two plots of land across from Laguna Altura's (LA) front gated entrance. These two plots of land are zoned as offices/light industrial/research as proposed. And in about a few years? time, the other entrance of LA (south side) will be interconnected to Lake Forest Drive, with more residential home developments on that side too. Looking ahead, it will be a fairly good place to call home in the years ahead. As for a drop of 20% off today's base price, that is probably not likely, I will give you maybe 5% less. LA Cortona Residence#2/3 homes are priced about right, for now, in my honest opinion, given the higher asking prices (on a PSF basis) at Quail Hill for the same sq. footage home. Also you would be hard pressed to find a Cortona size home for less at Quail Hill, as there is not a single one listed for sale in Quail Hill with anywhere from 2,700sf to 2,950sf. If you are in the market right now for a new Irvine home, and away from the landfill, LA is the only choice. You can also wait for Lambert Ranch, but that development, I think, is also near Stinkgate/Potty Springs?

socalquest said:
The freeway (Laguna Canyon Road/133) look will be lessen in the years ahead as TIC owns the two plots of land across from Laguna Altura's (LA) front gated entrance. These two plots of land are zoned as offices/light industrial/research as proposed. And in about a few years? time, the other entrance of LA (south side) will be interconnected to Lake Forest Drive, with more residential home developments on that side too. Looking ahead, it will be a fairly good place to call home in the years ahead. As for a drop of 20% off today's base price, that is probably not likely, I will give you maybe 5% less. LA Cortona Residence#2/3 homes are priced about right, for now, in my honest opinion, given the higher asking prices (on a PSF basis) at Quail Hill for the same sq. footage home. Also you would be hard pressed to find a Cortona size home for less at Quail Hill, as there is not a single one listed for sale in Quail Hill with anywhere from 2,700sf to 2,950sf. If you are in the market right now for a new Irvine home, and away from the landfill, LA is the only choice. You can also wait for Lambert Ranch, but that development, I think, is also near Stinkgate/Potty Springs?

I get the fact that you like Laguna Altura and it may be the ?only choice? for you.
Why not just leave it like that, what?s the point of putting down those other communities?

Stinkgate, Potty Springs and Laguna Altruism. Don't you love that the new developments have to be built on inferior locations?

socalquest said:

IndieDev said:
traceimage said:
IndieDev said:

Fwiw, I've used his home mailing address which is in Irvine. He did receive the mail. It appears authentic. Not sure what the point of the thread is as I haven't read through it all but I know what I know.

socalquest said:

don't forget the oppressive MR/HOA at LA when thinking about cost. 

akim997 said:
i'd like to make a bet with anyone who will take it.  my house is in escrow and i'll have some cash to play with soon.  we have hard-core perma bears conviced that irvine is way over priced, and 20% on the downside seems to be acceptable. 

since, i'd like to have a house in laguna altura (what happened to this thread!) but don't like the price, maybe you can help me out (indie, home shopper... sounds like you guys have the money to spare anyways). 

right now, cortona 2's base price is at around $353/ft or $960K.  If what you say is true, and that fundamentals will prevail of the "ridiculousness" in Irvine and that people will be screwed if they buy, let's make a $100,000 wager (I'm really not kidding).  I will bet you that the price of said house will not drop by 20% over the next 2 years (we can negotiate term) which would be about $282/ft or $768,000.  If the price of this model (and a sale closes) at $768,000.... at some point over the next 2 years, I WILL PAY YOU $100,000 cash.  We can even pick a mid-point at a 1 year mark.  If the price has dropped 10%, then I pay you $50K, but if not, you pay me $50K.  How does that sound? 

You can sit there like scrooge mcduck on your pile of money and contemplate this (im sure this amount means nothing to you) but im willing to put my money where my mouth is.  irvine may have some downside, but i dont see laguna altura selling in the 280's...  which would probably mean that i could get a 2500 sq ft home in northpark or northwood pointe for about $700K.  if anyone thinks that will EVER happen in the near term i'd say you are smoking crizack. 

for me, im willing to part with $100K... why?  because if prices drop that much, ill still come out ahead (in my distorted view)... so let's find away to settle all this chest pounding to settle this once and for all.  any takers?

Paging Indie, paging Indie - step your game up Indie.

TIC will not reduce price so  easily. TIC will shut down construction of new homes and shift the crews on the building apartments. TIC will starve all of you then you all will just pay any price after the pend up demand period just like the last time. You are all crack addicts and TIC is the drug dealer.

Back