Laguna Altura homes

some study actually shows the freeway pollution (brake dust, carbon mono-oxide) can go as far as 1.5 miles. The worst time of the day is very early morning before the sun comes up and the temperature still low. The wok effect of LA will certainly make it worse.

freedomcm said:
qwerty said:
akim997 said:
Really, what are the options with regards to air quality?  Maybe Newport, CDM, Laguna, Dana Point? 

Thank you! ive been saying this for the longest time, you live a southern california where there are millions of cars and freeways everywhere.  Outside of living next to the beach, you are SOL. 

Of the studies on ill effects on health and school performance, most have used 500m from the freeway as a cut-off.  Personally, I would choose not to be closer than half a mile or so.  and I agree that Jeffrey, etc are just as bad as 133 or 261, etc, so personally, when I look at houses, I put a smaller buffer there.

That means that most of Irvine (and costa mesa and HB, etc) are still okay places to live.  But backing up to the 405 or the 5, definitely a NO....

The Cortona residences on Modena Road are 3/4 sold out. I was told by TIC sales agent that after homes on Modena road are completed by middle/end of this year, they will go on to release on Tesoro Road, most likely in early 2013. Then you have Umbria and Triana roads maybe in 2014 and 2015, respectively. We are 3 years away from full buildout at least?

3 years is enough time to observe whether there is higher rate of toddlers with altruism or asthma. kudos to TIC for building out slowly so there is ample time for medical research

socalquest said:
The Cortona residences on Modena Road are 3/4 sold out. I was told by TIC sales agent that after homes on Modena road are completed by middle/end of this year, they will go on to release on Tesoro Road, most likely in early 2013. Then you have Umbria and Triana roads maybe in 2014 and 2015, respectively. We are 3 years away from full buildout at least?

I agree with you, quail hill and many other villages are close to freeway/main roads as well. It is just hard to escape. Compared to big cities in China, I think people on this board might be too sensitive to freeway pollution issue. Come on guys, we are in SoCal, want better air, need to move to Iowa or other remote states. LA being closer to freeway and business center, means it would be easier to rent out when you need upgrade yourself. A realtor living in Quail Hill told me so.

I read somewhere the land cross street from 133 may be used for business development.

About wok shape of LA, actually we have confirmed with another feng shui master that this is good location. I'd rather get freeway pollusion than from landfill that last till 2050!

socalquest said:
The Motor Court Company said:
socalquest said:
What are they building right behind Laguna Altura near the San Diego 405 freeway? I saw some bulldozing activity days ago.
Thounsands of apartments and red towel services

Are you sure? Is there a name for the apartments?

If you meant the location sandwiched between LA and west of 405 (and south of 133) , it is formerly Wild Rivers and there will be ~1700 apartments built there. Furthermore, Verizon Amphitheater can also be closed down in the future for many more apartments further south.
http://lansner.ocregister.com/2011/09/16/irvine-oks-1750-rentals-at-wild-rivers/122986/

Places like Laguna Altura, Woodbury, PS, and all the other high density stucco box developments are making Irvine ridiculous to live in. It honestly feels like West L.A on a Satuday night when you want to just drop by 99 Ranch, or Diamond Jamboree Plaza. Imagine what happens when 25,000 additional IAC units are built and opened up in the future. It is going to be West L.A except 10x less cool and hip.

socalquest said:
socalquest said:
What are they building right behind Laguna Altura near the San Diego 405 freeway? I saw some bulldozing activity days ago.
Thounsands of apartments and red towel services

Are you sure? Is there a name for the apartments?

If you meant the location sandwiched between LA and west of 405 (and south of 133) , it is formerly Wild Rivers and there will be ~1700 apartments built there. Furthermore, Verizon Amphitheater can also be closed down in the future for many more apartments further south.
http://lansner.ocregister.com/2011/09/16/irvine-oks-1750-rentals-at-wild-rivers/122986/

That's good news for Laguna Altura because the apartments will buffer the noise from 405 and also take on the brunt of freeway pollution!

Back