Laguna Altura homes

Did Toscana sell out?

I got an email that model homes are for sale at Maricopa and Toscana... Maricopa I knew was coming because they are almost sold through... but I didn't know Toscana was reaching the end also.

Not surprised a bit. Toscana got the best location, most far away from the 405 and adjacent to the main central park. it also has the least amount of home sites (7x) and is a show off status symbol for Chinese FCBs who think expensive means taste.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did Toscana sell out?

I got an email that model homes are for sale at Maricopa and Toscana... Maricopa I knew was coming because they are almost sold through... but I didn't know Toscana was reaching the end also.

The Motor Court Company said:
Not surprised a bit. Toscana got the best location, most far away from the 405 and adjacent to the main central park. it also has the least amount of home sites (7x) and is a show off status symbol for Chinese FCBs who think expensive means taste.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did Toscana sell out?

FCB's isnt a recent phenomena... actually the entire Irvine is full of them =_=... they are kind of annoying, but i can live with them if they help prop my home value up lol... besides i think a lot of them dont actually live in the  properties they own, rather they rent it out... ud probably be really surprised how many FCB's own in woodbury/stonegate... i think i read a recent OC register article where theres too many of them that they are buying second or third properties in PS now... its interesting how u call out FCB's like they only buy in laguna altura, where in fact, the majority are actually buying in your neightborhoods stonegate/portola especially their 2nd and 3rd properties... r u trying to pull some reverse psychology thing? lol... this stuff is easily checkable by monitoring irvine rentals on trulia... makes more sense for an FCB 2nd or 3rd purchase to buy somewhere more mainstream where its a lot easier to rent out...

i dont mean to pop ur bubble for stonegate... i just want to help ppl do their hw b4 they purchase...

IrvineHomeBuyer said:
FCB's love to buy in areas with low HOA. The less they have to shell out per month, the better.

lol those damn chinese man... haha ima blame em for everything...

in fact lets blame them for our 08-09 fiasco too... the banks were innocent hahahaha!!!  asshole chinese save too much causing international lending rates to decrease!!

actually, crap... looks like cnbc already beat me to it... http://www.cnbc.com/id/48814165/China_Not_Wall_Street_Caused_2008_Crisis_Study

lol (btw i expected a lot more from cnbc then to insult our intelligence like this... =_=...)

Hi there,

I know some of you are upset with the FCB. But Please do NOT use the bad words like "asshole Chinese".

For me, I don't care the race of my neighbors. If some of you care, go buy a house in Newport Coast.

I am Chinese and I pay 30% tax. Can I get a pass to buy a house here?

Be a decent guy!

i think u misunderstood the sarcasm in my previous comment... =_=;;...

????????????????, ????????????????????????????????.  ???cnbc????????. ?????????????????????cnbc?????????????. ????????,????????"?,?????,????"????????????.

??????, ???????.

There are FCBs with illegitimate money to hide and buying real estate in the US is a good choice for them. Laguna Altura is ideal for these criminals because it is gated, discrete and has mild climate. It is also close to the 405 if they have to make a quick escape from authorities.

Chinese with money also takes pride with that and look down at people without money. I can see how Cortona and Toscona residents (Chinese, foreign born) with a grin on their face every time they drive home and see the car in front of them turn left into the low income look-a-like neighborhoods also known as Sienna and San Remo.

Is that why they modified Laguna Altura stie plan to have that huge wall after the entrance that separates the SFRs from the DMCs (detached motocourt condos)... so they can reminisce about the Great Wall?

True Story: Traveling south on the 405 before Irvine Center Drive where they built that huge wall where Wild Rivers used to be... my kids always exclaim: "The Great Wall of Spectrum!!!". I'll admit I taught them that... but it's always funny to hear it.

Good observations. Great Wall is a Chinese national pride and walling individual neighborhoods give additional sense of segregation and security. At least it clearly defines the boundaries of each neighborhood, making comparison and gloating much easier.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is that why they modified Laguna Altura stie plan to have that huge wall after the entrance that separates the SFRs from the DMCs (detached motocourt condos)... so they can reminisce about the Great Wall?

True Story: Traveling south on the 405 before Irvine Center Drive where they built that huge wall where Wild Rivers used to be... my kids always exclaim: "The Great Wall of Spectrum!!!". I'll admit I taught them that... but it's always funny to hear it.

but u know... its just gonna get worse right? theres no way we can tackle our deficit without constant devaluation of the dollar... land here is just gonna get more and more attractive to fcbs in the future regardless of whether or not china allows the rmb to appreciate or not simply because congress cant get our own shit straight...

if ur prejudices bother u this much, then mind me asking u, why do u choose to stay in irvine? ur money can probably get u more real estate value elsewhere...

personally im very pro FCB's... id rather them then someone taking out a fha loan or someone who cant handle home values tanking another 15-20%... at least 75% of fcbs have the actual cash vs 25% of fake fcbs who borrowed somewhere offshore... at times like this, i welcome the security that if anything, theyd probably hold on to the stock come hell or high water... true fcbs also like to accumulate multiple properties vs our american dream where we  tend to "move up" which results in our primary property being the same basket where we put all our eggs... that mentality alone results in a much smaller resale/turnover rate allowing for greater home value appreciation

The Motor Court Company said:
no it is more about decreasing civility in Irvine because of Chinese immigrants.

You are anti-Chinese and you are clearly jealous.
You should move out of Irvine because more Chinese (and Koreans) are coming in whether you like it or not.
I will tell my fellow Asians not to buy your Stinkgate home.

I said in the other thread regarding FCBs...it's not about racism per se.  There is nothing inherently wrong with FCB coming to buy properties in the US.  It's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.  Heck, I would like for them to drive up the prices up even higher now that I am a homeowner :)

The issue really is one of 1) culture and 2) class.  I am Chinese and I do not like certain aspects of my culture, which are often highlighted by rich mainlanders who came to wealth very very quickly.  Chinese people love to compare, they think money mean status, class, and an inherent superiority, they think that Chinese are better than other cultures (especially other Asian cultures), and many of them (like many immigrant groups) tend to congregate.  I see it all the time, even people who are otherwise nice people.  First generation Chinese are very guilty of all those...first generational rich mainlanders are the most extreme.

Back