Laguna Altura homes

Congrats Vincent!  Hopefully we'll be joining you shortly if we can decide which development to go for.

Question for everyone about the HOA fees: Would you expect them to rise significantly in the next 10-15 years or should it hold steady?  This is all new to me and some friends are telling me that HOA's only get higher.  How high is the question.

HOAs usually go up... not down... how high depends on how much maintenance the neighborhood needs.

For example, Westpark II's HOA is somewhere in the $45 range a few years ago and I think it's only $50 today, whereas Woodbridge was in the $60 a while back and now it's $80.

HOA depends on location; I did compare the homes in LA and Stonegate. HOA doesn't really bother me as the difference is 2K/yr. I would rather pay 2K more every year for better schools.

been a ghost member since 2011, found a lot of info on this site very valuable...

i signed the purchase agreement for san remo plan, so waiting for my home to be built...

right now im done with all the upgrade stages pending granite/marble slab selections at marbolis (apparently where IP gets its slabs), dry wall walkthrough (walkthrough of the home before dry walls go up), and final walk through... havent signed loan docs yet either...

1.) anybody have good/bad things to say about the HOA management in the area? (its keystone pacific)

2.) also anybody want to share their thoughts on the whole purchasing process from laguna? to me so far its been "mediocre" for me...

3.) share experiences for the 2 walkthroughs and what particularly to look out for or have my inspector look out for?

who goes to laguna beach? =_=... i think ill pass... i rather hang out with yellow trash then fake kardashian wannabes...

changm55 said:
who goes to laguna beach? =_=... i think ill pass... i rather hang out with yellow trash then fake kardashian wannabes...

What is the percentage of "yellow trash" at Laguna Altura?

jamboreedude said:
Why is more housing such as those at laguna Altura such a bad idea for the City of Laguna Beach? Isn't increase population will result in more people traveling to Laguna Beach to dine, entertain and visit the beaches a positive for the city as tax revenues will increase?
http://www.dailypilot.com/opinion/tn-dpt-0819-mailbag-20120818,0,5933779.story

More people travelling to Laguna beach via 133 means more traffic and pollution. It will help businesses but will probably require the city to upkeep/maintain their public areas more often with the increased flow. Plus all those added homes are from the city of Irvine, not Laguna Beach.

changm55 said:
jamboreedude said:
changm55 said:

What is the percentage of "yellow trash" at Laguna Altura?

120% lol

you did not get the taiwanese memo?... if ur name does not start with jeremy and end with lin AND attend harvard, then ur yellow trash...

there are exceptions though see following exampls...

1.) lets say ur name starts with jeremy and ends with lin BUT you didnt go to harvard = yellow trash
2.) your name starts with jeremy but does not end with lin BUT you went to harvard = not yellow trash
3.) your name doesnt start with jeremy but ends with lin BUT you went to harvard = limbo area... u maybe trash and u maybe not... depends on if ur 1st generation from mainland china or not... if yes, then even if u have money, u still trash
4.) ur name does not start with jeremy or end with lin, BUT you went to harvard and play in the NBA = not trash only if u are starter (like yao ming)... if ur not starter (like yi jianlian), ur still trash...

my first name isnt jeremy and so i can never join the lin family... so obviously im forever in the yellow trash category... its like the indian cast system... there is no way out for ppl like me... even if we band together and riot and succeed in breaking through the economic exploitation and injustices we'd like to call the bamboo ceiling, the koreans will still think im yellow trash cause my car is not new... its a lose lose situation man... the japanese will just say sorry for the whole debacle even tho they dont mean it... n the Singaporians are too busy off on vacation here in the states taking advantage of the weak dollar... n the kongers are too busy complaining about the mainlanders... honestly... what else do u call these ppls besides yellow trash?... n the whites are pissed at us cause we took their jobs... its tough being a model minority man... we have to find better ways to include our kids in our payroll n tell em to move out once they are 3 years old to decrease our overall household income census numbers, OH AND ESPECIALLY stop moving into irvine so the whites dont feel so threatened... u see what the germans did to the jews in europe... it could happen in irvine man... just saying man... u heard it here first...

changm55, you have changed your moniker here at TI to "world chaos"? "World Peace" would be better though. hehe by the way, I would also be classified as "yellow trash". So be it.  ;)

u gotta give it to mettaa world peace... not everybody is man enough to not give a damn about no beard!!

i for one tremble at the sight of hardens beard.... it makes me uneasy...

jamboreedude said:
changm55, you have changed your moniker here at TI to "world chaos"? "World Peace" would be better though. hehe by the way, I would also be classified as "yellow trash". So be it.  ;)

figured... didnt go to harvard right?

im telling u... spank them kids even if they get an A cause we demand them A+'s... getting a C is like consolation prize for class attendance... you tell em earl~ git outta mah lawn befo ah call em poll leece on yo (in my best redneck accent)

speaking of rednecks... im so fascinated by the noodling show on discovery where they use their barehands to catch catfish... these ppl got balls man... i cant stop watching the show for some reason... lol

Back