Junk fooding

72045D77-901F-4534-A102-013527D0D127_zpsboxnurcs.jpg

Shin ramyun vs crab claws....when you get that hungry craving late at night..

More importantly.the side bar on your article about holsteins says marche moderne is moving next to mastro's ocean club...

qwerty said:
Tried hopdoddy this weekend at the marketplace. The burgers are very good. The fries are good as well. And I highly recommend the the green chile queso. You can get an extra cup of queso for just 1.50. I had the Diablo and my wife had the continental. She really lied it. Would definitely recommend hopdoddy.

17CC653B-361C-4C60-867F-02C9B903CAD3_zpseekmfzfn.jpg

7B072791-4639-4DA7-AC57-E5CE5BD288BF_zpsd4exit2t.jpg

AED20FF5-3005-48A8-82EB-EEA5B18E0F62_zps45lcfphe.jpg

Finally tried hopdoddy, not bad, I would definitely recommend going now because of the $10 beer/burger combo special.  That price would not be around for long I bet.  Diablo above, first few bites were great, then it kinda catches up to you.  And beer does not help with quenching spice.  The Unicorn juice was our favorite beer, it was different with passion fruit flavors.  A girly beer that doesn't look girly, so I don't mind drinking it.  the golden chaos is nice as well.  I would recommend the primetime burger paired with the truffle fries and a pint of unicorn juice.  If the cashier's nice, he'll let you order 3 of the $10 beer/burger deal, even though our third person was not of drinking age :)

I've been to the  stand after IHO mentioned it. I would take d take stand over hopdoddy. The chimichurri burger is really good at the stand. Stand has many more toppings which I like.

I like thicker fries so prefer the stands fries but the queso at hopdoddy is excellent

I'm having a lot of fun with my new T-Fal deep fryer. I love that it has a built-in oil-filtration and storage system. It's the only model I've seen which has that feature.
998081e39d9d17c621674779b650ad59.png

41o42%2B0XURL._AC_UL130_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NQ7QFGM/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_PogAybBFP16SJ

Tonight I tested it by making a few dozen Drop Doughnuts using this recipe. But mine looked WAY better. Perfect golden brown balls. Not a wreck like that photo. I gave everyone their own paper bag that had a topping in it. Powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, and plain. Then you shake it up and eat out of the bag. All low calorie, of course! They're like doughnut holes / cake doughnut. My boys LOVED these. They came over & hugged me. That's how I know.

Then someone wanted a random corn dog so we tried that out. He loved it. All dietetic, of course.

I'm looking forward to making my fried chicken in it, apple fritters, and more. All zero calorie, guilt-free, of course!

Tried Burnt Crumbs in Los Olivos center today and had the spaghetti grilled cheese.  So good, but I don't want to eat it again anytime soon.

260wpir.jpg

aquabliss said:
Tried Burnt Crumbs in Los Olivos center today and had the spaghetti grilled cheese.  So good, but I don't want to eat it again anytime soon.

How busy was it?

aquabliss said:

260wpir.jpg

That looks like a grilled cheese sandwich vomiting spaghetti all over the place.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:

260wpir.jpg

That looks like a grilled cheese sandwich vomiting spaghetti all over the place.

Heard their avocado toast was good, need to try that place.  Went to Angelina's Pizzeria for dinner recently.  I think their pizza is better than Cucina Enoteca's, which is better than North's.

Went to Burnt Crumbs Friday night.

The spaghetti sandwich was pretty good as well as their chicken club toast and the Fried Chicken biscuit.

I didn't realize this was from the Burnt Truck guys... just a more upscale version of their sliders.

Pricey but the food is good.

I thought a few of you in this thread may find this relevant:

I recently attended Surefire CPR in Laguna Hills. I figured anyone who eats my cooking on the regular may need it. I am now certified in: CPR, AED, and First Aid. No. I'm not kidding. Now I'll be able to efficiently resuscitate Mr. SoCal after a heavy meal. Consider passing this link on to your loved ones as well (*looks at Iho sideways.*) I give them 2 thumbs up.

I like that Mcdonalds didn't pick the best pictures to represent their big macs.

Yesterday was the day for pigging out....pizza, wings, chips, more pizza, and best of all Qwerty brought Ikes sandwiches over.....OMG, soooooo good.  Took them home and just had 2 more today along with leftover pizza.  haha

Back