Junk fooding

Sounds like a sex act, or something...  >:D
https://gma.yahoo.com/ramnuts-ramen...men-creation-231321484--abc-news-Recipes.html

Ramnuts ? Ramen Donuts ? are Latest Insane Ramen Creation

In the year and change since the ramen burger burst onto the scene, we?ve seen culinary creations like the ramen burrito, ramen grilled cheese, ramen tacos, ramen pizza, ramen lasagna, ramen sushi and more.

But never anything sweet. Thank goodness Josh Scherer is around to change that. Scherer, the blogger behind Culinary Bro Down, has created ramen doughnuts. Or, as he likes to call them, ramnuts.

Specifically, they?re ramen noodles boiled in horchata (cinnamon-spiced milk), molded and stuffed with custard or jam, then fried in oil, frosted and sprinkled. And there?s a recipe!

?They were really good. It had a flavor profile really similar to rice pudding, and a texture like kugel. I'd do some things differently to optimize the recipe -- make them thinner to create more surface area, fry at a lower temperature to allow for more oil penetration,? Scherer told ABC News. ?If you really think about it, there's no reason this shouldn't taste good, it's just fried dough and sugar.?

Everytime this thread gets boosted I can't help thinking of "The Great Foodening"

http://zim.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Foodening

I can't link a YouTube from work but I'm sure it's out there.

"Because of all of the customers swarming to the Snacking Planet, the gravity is so dense that nobody can leave".

Kinda like being trapped in a mid-America McDonalds during lunch rush.

taco bell came out with crunchwrap sliders, tried the beefy cheddar for breakfast today, it was pretty good.

taco-bell-crunchwrap-sliders-menu-board.JPG

d78c1c8bcb0bc06f23dd7822c4d22fd6_zps1fc47638.jpg

Pastrami fries, saw it the other day at the local Wienerschnitzel on Jeffrey/Walnut.  Recall vaguely of their pastrami from days long past.  Don't like the rye bread they put it on.  Still miss the old school Wienerschnitzels with the red roof, the smell of their deep fry fragrant oils assault your nostrils as you approach. I blame my childhood obesity on them.  I could use a stinky kraut dog anyday anytime.

Ah, the Pastrami fries are back? Nice. To me, their pastrami is a let-down compared to a place like The Hat. However, it is nice when they switch up the menu just for variety's sake. I'm with you in my love for Wienerschnitzel. You know you go too much when the owner recognizes you at a grocery store 10 miles away (the red roof one at 1st & El Camino Real in Tustin.) The first time Mr. SoCal and I went to Club 33 at Disneyland for dinner, we hated it, and swung by the big W for a dog on the way home. Nothing satisfies me like Wienerschnitzel does.

The pastami dog on pretzel bun at W is actually pretty decent.  Haven't had one in a few months but getting the munchies thinking about it.

Anyone tried the breakfast crunchwraps with the hash brown inside?  Those look good but I never wake up for work early enough to pick one up.

I have. It's pretty good. I like taco bells breakfast better than McDonald's. Although I typically way breakfast at home.

every time i got to target i just stand there and stare at the different oreos and different chips ahoy cookies. after about 2 minutes of staring i never get any, but i may have to succumb to the these. the last oreos i bought were the chocolate chip cookie dough cream flavor, those were really good. although after about 5-6 cookies i threw the package away before i could do more damage.

qwerty said:
after about 5-6 cookies i threw the package away before i could do more damage.

Whaaaaa....?!?!! Did I read that right? You only ate 5-6 then trashed the box?! Unimaginable!

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
after about 5-6 cookies i threw the package away before i could do more damage.

Whaaaaa....?!?!! Did I read that right? You only ate 5-6 then trashed the box?! Unimaginable!

yeah, my wife hates it when i do that.

qwerty said:
every time i got to target i just stand there and stare at the different oreos and different chips ahoy cookies. after about 2 minutes of staring i never get any, but i may have to succumb to the these. the last oreos i bought were the chocolate chip cookie dough cream flavor, those were really good. although after about 5-6 cookies i threw the package away before i could do more damage.

Do you watch shark tank?  Reminds me of this one idea someone had for a timer based snack jar. Snack would be locked inside and you set the timer. The jar only opens when the timer goes off. It's supposed to help fat ppl and/or ppl with no self control with snacking. The idea was pretty dumb. I don't think they got a deal but I could be remembering wrong.

Speaking of Oreos, these are my absolute favorite, they are sold during the winter holidays and I always make sure to buy a box or 10:

21802-White-Fudge-Oreos.jpg

Gotta check out those Red Velvet ones though.

bones said:
Do you watch shark tank?  Reminds me of this one idea someone had for a timer based snack jar. Snack would be locked inside and you set the timer. The jar only opens when the timer goes off. It's supposed to help fat ppl and/or ppl with no self control with snacking. The idea was pretty dumb. I don't think they got a deal but I could be remembering wrong.

What if we have no self-control with snacking, though. What if we need one of these locked jars. How can we buy one? Just asking for a friend.

Back