Junk fooding

irvinehomeowner said:
Yeah... and age.

It's really true... once you get to a certain point... your metabolism starts laughing at you and takes way more naps than it used to.
Hmmm, there are exceptions....like my mom who has always been slender....she can out eat a truck driver and won't gain a pound.  Why didn't see pass that gene on to me?  :'(

Anyone try the Deep-Fried Doritos, Deep-Fried Chicken Skin or Bacon-Wrapped Jack Daniels at the fair yet?

That crackling sound you hear is the hardening of my arteries from just thinking about it.

Last week I went to McDonald's for lunch and saw they had a new burger for $2, the jalape?o double.  Could be my favorite fast food burger. Two patties, cheese, jalape?os, butter ranch and battered/fried Jalape?o pieces. I could eat this for every meal. No wonder I feel hot at 78-80 degrees

O Hills said:
Anyone try the Deep-Fried Doritos, Deep-Fried Chicken Skin or Bacon-Wrapped Jack Daniels at the fair yet?
At 7-11 they have this breaded Dorito cheese thing they were giving out samples for... it was interesting but I don't think I could eat more than 1 or 2 without getting sick.

For those who like cheese sauce type nachos... 7-11 is at the top of my oh so healthy list (right before movie theater nachos).

chinup_zps0e7ee111.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VNAKEE/

Here's something for after :)

DotD at Amazon, $20 to collect dust in your house, or like others mentioned, hang it over your laundry room and instant clothes hanger!  Bought one

We had some KFC last night, the Extra Crispy kind:

extra_crispy_615x615.jpg

It was actually tasty, my kid loved it.  They had a 7 piece leg/thigh for $8.  I got home late so had two cold pieces from the bucket.  And no I didn't turn into a gremlin overnight :)

I tried the croissant donuts from jack in the box. Very similar to their churro except more doughy in the middle. It was good, just doesn't taste like a cronut, tastes just like their churro

qwerty said:
I tried the croissant donuts from jack in the box. Very similar to their churro except more doughy in the middle. It was good, just doesn't taste like a cronut, tastes just like their churro
Wait wait... what?!?

How much were they? They are $4+ at local donut stores... Whole Foods sells them for $2 but not as good.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Wait wait... what?!?

How much were they? They are $4+ at local donut stores... Whole Foods sells them for $2 but not as good.

It's under $1 for 1 or 3 for $1.89. They are not regular size though. They are minis, which is why the layers just get mushy/doughy in the middle. A little bigger than the mini churros.

Tried it just now:

17634A81-F526-442B-9713-C2DD4F0ADD82_zpsrgstihgz.jpg

Burrito was tasty, the sriracha sauce provide a mild kick.  The croissant donut was ok, got 1 for $0.89.  Like qwerty said, not flaky but more doughy.  I'll pass on it.

KFC followed by JITB, extra chin-ups tonight!

ps9 said:
Tried it just now:

Burrito was tasty, the sriracha sauce provide a mild kick.  The croissant donut was ok, got 1 for $0.89.  Like qwerty said, not flaky but more doughy.  I'll pass on it.

KFC followed by JITB, extra chin-ups tonight!

My favorite breakfast fast food burrito is from Del Taco.  Even their breakfast tacos are good.  Just egg and cheese but tasty and $0.79 a piece. 

Subway also serves a good breakfast sandwich.  $3 for a 6-inch breakfast sandwich and coffee.

Back