Jade Court at Cypress Village

thezeb00 said:
My only concern at jade court is freeway noise and pollution. If I can't open windows then what's the point of living in OC :)

For the schools... wait.. you said OC not Irvine.. my bad!

thezeb00 said:
My only concern at jade court is freeway noise and pollution. If I can't open windows then what's the point of living in OC :)

Have you ever lived in a place like thishttp://www.astoriacpw.com/right next to the freeway?  Freeway noise is just background noise.  It's not like living directly off a street where there are cars going by intermittently, that's annoying.

thezeb00 said:
Deciding between plan 3 at Luna or jade court :(
Price wise luna is better

I would go with Luna.  I lived temporary near the 5 freeway once before while our house was being built.  Thick black dust piles up near the window and floors.  We tried to keep our windows closed.  Not good for a 17 month old.  They are opening a new elementary school in PS this fall.  Should be good for resale later.  Also, it's more peaceful up there in PS.  One concern is proximity to landfill, but winds most often blow from the coast to inner valley so you won't smell the landfill.

test said:
Have you ever lived in a place like thishttp://www.astoriacpw.com/right next to the freeway?  Freeway noise is just background noise.  It's not like living directly off a street where there are cars going by intermittently, that's annoying.
Have you ever lived next to a freeway?

It's just as annoying if not more than next to a street. Not only do you get the constant freeway noise (and as much as people like to say it, it never is just "background" noise), but you also get the intermittent noise from big rigs that you can feel, the motorcycles (esp the Harleys) and the rice rockets with no mufflers. You also will get occasional CalTrans construction noise.

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:

It's just as annoying if not more than next to a street. Not only do you get the constant freeway noise (and as much as people like to say it, it never is just "background" noise), but you also get the intermittent noise from big rigs that you can feel, the motorcycles (esp the Harleys) and the rice rockets with no mufflers. You also will get occasional CalTrans construction noise.

Yes, I could see the freeway directly outside my window, see the example I gave above.

Have you ever been to the Irvine Spectrum Center?  Well it's right next to two freeways.  Does the noise bother you?  Do you even notice it?  Are you choking on the pollution while eating in the outdoor dining areas?

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:

Yes, I could see the freeway directly outside my window, see the example I gave above.
What freeway is in Newport Beach? Or do you not live there anymore?

How close are you to said viewable freeway?
Have you ever been to the Irvine Spectrum Center?  Well it's right next to two freeways.  Does the noise bother you?  Do you even notice it?  Are you choking on the pollution while eating in the outdoor dining areas?
Living next to the freeway and visiting a mall next to the freeway are two different things.

Trying to sleep at night and hearing a big rig at 3am can't be compared to being dining at a noisy outdoor area.

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:

What freeway is in Newport Beach? Or do you not live there anymore?

How close are you to said viewable freeway?
Living next to the freeway and visiting a mall next to the freeway are two different things.

Trying to sleep at night and hearing a big rig at 3am can't be compared to being dining at a noisy outdoor area.

Do you need to go to the The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too?

test said:

test said:
Have you ever lived in a place like this http://www.astoriacpw.com/ right next to the freeway?

WasToldToChangeMyName said:
ps9 said:
Two bouts today, opening ticket:  IHO vs test

Main event: SoCal vs CACourt

Always take the women. Pms/menopause does wonders for internet battles.

64431_700b.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
So I glean two things from test's "not-an-answer":

1. She doesn't live in Newport like she claimed.
2. She is deaf.

What I glean from this is that Test doesn't give a shit about you or your child's health. All she wants to do is make a buck for her company in CV.

The evidence is compelling. If you live within close proximity to a busy roadway like the I5 it is bad for your health.

Children's Health Study shows increased risk of respiratory diseasehttp://hydra.usc.edu/scehsc/about-studies-childrens.html
UCLA study found freeway air pollution travels as far as 1.5 mileshttp://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/air-pollution-from-freeway-extends-93857
Government Agrees to start monitoring freeway air pollution due to health riskshttp://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-freeway-pollution-20130826-story.html

Are the new ones being built here detached? Cause if so, I'm not seeing where Jasmine fits in, seems like the same square footage for $100k+ more.

Jade Court is detached, with the exception of Plan 3 with its garage attached. Jade Court has driveways on the sides of the homes, so 3-car people like me will not suffer. Plan 3, except for the attached garage, is really good. The yard is decent and it is 1600 sf. Plan 4 is smaller, but more expensive because of the vaulted ceilings in the living and dining rooms, 3.5 baths, and the downstairs master bedroom (making Jade Court Plan 4 have double masters). Hence, there is a waiting list.

Jasmine is nearly $100K more expensive for 20 sf. There are no driveways at all and they all have 2.5 baths. The Plan 1 doesn't even have a separate shower and tub. Hence, the 7 quick-move-ins on Irvine Pacific's website. BOO!!

Thanks for the info, think I will check out Jade Court on Sunday. Any idea on the demand and how long it takes on the wait list? My lease isn't up until March. I was at Sage II in Portola this week and they seemed pretty desperate to sell. They were willing to pay off the rest of my lease if I bought with them, wonder if Jade Court will do the same.

Jade Court is definitely chilling. They have a "deep" waiting list and the next phase (Phase 8) they say will be pretty much sold out as of now. They say the phase after that may be up for grabs, but the more phases you wait, the closer you get to the freeway (unless you want to the models). There are unfurnished models as well, so you can see what they give you without any upgrades. Expect it to be crowded. The only plan in which they are sweating is Plan 2:

1. 11 available from Phases as far back as Plan 2 (hence, far away from the freeway)
2. All Phases since Phase 2 have a quick-move-in for Plan 2
3. They are advertising big time, giving sheets of paper in the models and the sales office
4. The Plan 2 may be up for negotiation. An Asian family was saying that they would negotiate with the Plan 2. I am pretty sure that they will be willing to negotiate.
5. Phase 2's are ready-to-move-in right now. Phase 7's are November, Phase 8's December, and Phase 9's January.

However, the Plan 2 is REALLY BAD. My advice is to wait out for better plans in the July Phase (Phase 9) and get one from there. The Classical exterior is nice, so you may want to consider it (lot better than Jasmine's). Good luck.

So is there going to be a Jade extension? I know where the Zinnia models are being built up but what's going to occupy the plot north of those?

Back