Jade Court at Cypress Village

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
Have you ever lived in a place like thishttp://www.astoriacpw.com/right next to the freeway?  Freeway noise is just background noise.  It's not like living directly off a street where there are cars going by intermittently, that's annoying.
Have you ever lived next to a freeway?

It's just as annoying if not more than next to a street. Not only do you get the constant freeway noise (and as much as people like to say it, it never is just "background" noise), but you also get the intermittent noise from big rigs that you can feel, the motorcycles (esp the Harleys) and the rice rockets with no mufflers. You also will get occasional CalTrans construction noise.

Yes, I could see the freeway directly outside my window, see the example I gave above.
What freeway is in Newport Beach? Or do you not live there anymore?

How close are you to said viewable freeway?
Have you ever been to the Irvine Spectrum Center?  Well it's right next to two freeways.  Does the noise bother you?  Do you even notice it?  Are you choking on the pollution while eating in the outdoor dining areas?
Living next to the freeway and visiting a mall next to the freeway are two different things.

Trying to sleep at night and hearing a big rig at 3am can't be compared to being dining at a noisy outdoor area.

Do you need to go to the The Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too?

test said:
Yes, I could see the freeway directly outside my window, see the example I gave above.

test said:
Have you ever lived in a place like this http://www.astoriacpw.com/ right next to the freeway?

I'm on the approved wait list for Phase 8 and I also live in the apartment complex next to the 5 freeway in CV (proximity closer than jade).  I personally have no issues with the freeway noise never really hear or noticed a big rig rattle the windows as described by IHO.  However to each their own because everyone has their own sensitivity to noise and what not. 

I have been on nightmist and the freeway noise has not been an issue. It is just white noise. The kind of noise that really bother me is at the acceleration stretch after a street intersection and especially going uphill. A good example is Jamboree between Irvine Blvd and Robinson. Acceleration noise is the worst. The setback between CV and the sound wall will be heavily planted to buffer the noise as well. It is not as bad as you think.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I have been on nightmist and the freeway noise has not been an issue. It is just white noise. The kind of noise that really bother me is at the acceleration stretch after a street intersection and especially going uphill. A good example is Jamboree between Irving Blvd and Robinson. Acceleration noise is the worst. The setback between CV and the sound wall will be heavily planted to buffer the noise as well. It is not as bad as you think.

Sound buffering yes. Pollution buffering no.

I don't think being next to the freeway will be as bad as you would think.  At least it will drown out the noise of neighbors.  I lived in an apartment complex that had a huge fountain that rose 50 feet or so and the sound drowned out the neighbors having parties, playing loud music, etc.

test said:
??? said:
but the more phases you wait, the closer you get to the freeway

Buy now or be stuck next to the freeway LOL

irvinehomeshopper said:
I have been on nightmist and the freeway noise has not been an issue. It is just white noise. The kind of noise that really bother me is at the acceleration stretch after a street intersection and especially going uphill. A good example is Jamboree between Irvine Blvd and Robinson. Acceleration noise is the worst. The setback between CV and the sound wall will be heavily planted to buffer the noise as well. It is not as bad as you think.

"its not as bad as you think" Luke

"these are not the droids that you are looking for"

I had to doublecheck whether that was BKS or Test posting that living close to the fwy was AOK!!

Quail Hill is also next to the freeway but look at the raving review by the TI posters. What is left of the land inventory in Irvine is compromised one way or another or buyers must pay a premium for a better location not affected by environmental issues. At some point if one has a beer budget stop looking at champagne and get real by looking at the 6 pack detached condos.

That is right, the driveway in between homes is not assigned but I would assume it is extremely awkward to park there if I am not a guest or owner of either one the 2 homes. Most likely the motorcourt parking spaces will be shared among all the neighbors  pertaining to the motor court.

thatOSguy said:
??? said:
Jade Court is detached, with the exception of Plan 3 with its garage attached. Jade Court has driveways on the sides of the homes, so 3-car people like me will not suffer.

The driveways aren't assigned. Anyone can park anywhere.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Quail Hill is also next to the freeway but look at the raving review by the TI posters. What is left of the land inventory in Irvine is compromised one way or another or buyers must pay a premium for a better location not affected by environmental issues. At some point if one has a beer budget stop looking at champagne and get real by looking at the 6 pack detached condos.

Laguna Altura resale prices are all you need to know about living next to the freeway.  Location, close to freeway "access", is everything.

test said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Laguna Altura resale prices are all you need to know about living next to the freeway.  Location, close to freeway "access", is everything.

That is an exception/outlier.

A person can't say resale prices by freeways will be like Laguna A.

Convenient access to freeways is great but that is different than living next to the freeway. Noise and pollution being the obvious concerns.

CV will NOT have the same appreciation/values as LA and QH. Yes, all three are near freeways but that is where the similarities end.

QH and LA have the cache of Coastal Canyon living and Uni HS boundary. In addition, QH has elevation/views and LA is gated. These are features that CV will never have.

Don't underestimate the psyche of FCBs. CV is clean air compared to Beijing or Shanghai. The tiny yard is palatial to a balcony living in the Mainland. The local schools are good and free compared to bribery and expensive tuition for a mediocre school back home. The RE price is cheap here compare to their homeland. Most importantly they can walk to Chinese eateries and markets on Jeffrey. The villa style living is the epitome of FCB success by living abroad with their precious anchor babies.

iacrenter said:
Convenient access to freeways is great but that is different than living next to the freeway. Noise and pollution being the obvious concerns.

CV will NOT have the same appreciation/values as LA and QH. Yes, all three are near freeways but that is where the similarities end.

QH and LA have the cache of Coastal Canyon living and Uni HS boundary. In addition, QH has elevation/views and LA is gated. These are features that CV will never have.

+1

Just recently moved into a plan 2 at Jade Court this year. I must say that I'm very pleased with it. 3 bed, 3.5 bath and 3 stories of detached awesome-ness under $600K. For the record, I do not have a family and I may feel differently about plan 2 if I did.

It is not awful as some of the posters on here have claimed. The 3 stories can be a burden if you choose to see it that way. I choose to say it as urban living in a suburban place. The best part of the plan 2 is definitely the 2nd floor where there are high ceilings and lots of natural light. The living and dining area are quite sophisticated and it's quiet yet very upscale. I endorse plan 2 if you're a young couple without children or a swinging single looking to buy in a new Irvine community.

Another follow Bruins!  Welcome to CV!!

What do you think that one huge open area form by trios of smaller parks and a elementary school?  Pretty nice isn't it.  You going to love living here especially if you need to get on I-5 everyday. :)

BruinRevolution said:
It is not awful as some of the posters on here have claimed. The 3 stories can be a burden if you choose to see it that way. I choose to say it as urban living in a suburban place. The best part of the plan 2 is definitely the 2nd floor where there are high ceilings and lots of natural light. The living and dining area are quite sophisticated and it's quiet yet very upscale. I endorse plan 2 if you're a young couple without children or a swinging single looking to buy in a new Irvine community.

Agreed...it is obviously not for everyone, but if you're single, a young couple, couple w/ a teen who wants privacy, or just to buy as an investment, it makes more sense.

Also, it's definitely a good deal for a newly constructed detached home as compared to used 3-level homes at around $425+/sf ($450-$475+ for 2-level homes).   

So if I understand your question correctly you want to understand how white is jade court? Is it just Chinese that bother you or does your prejudice extend to other Asians, African Americans, or Hispanics?

Swordfish said:
So if I understand your question correctly you want to understand how white is jade court? Is it just Chinese that bother you or does your prejudice extend to other Asians, African Americans, or Hispanics?

She's asking if there are a bunch of loud and obnoxious FCB. So no, you don't understand her question correctly.

You could done research before you bought at Jade Court. By going there at night, to see if you heard "noises".

Btw - a lot of people shout, not just Chinese.

southbay2irvine said:
Question to Current Jade Court Residents:

What is the general demographic breakdown in Jade Court? Are there more FCBs than younger professionals?

My husband and I purchased a plan 1 in Jade Court and will be moving in a month.  We have been living in Cadenza across the street for the time being and I noticed that ALL of my neighbors are foreigners from China.  I didn't think this would be a big deal but I am getting tired of hearing the constant screaming/yelling in Chinese that is coming from multiple apartments, even at midnight! When I first moved into Cadenza I honestly thought some neighbors were in danger because of the screaming/yelling but now I realize it's just my neighbors having....uhh....normal conversations? I know I'm touching upon some cultural differences but I am hoping the vibe in Jade Court is not similar to the vibe in Cadenza.  I know comparing a home community to an apt. community comes with it's differences as well but I thought I would just ask anyways.

Back