Is there a Global Crisis on its way?

Well...they were saving the planet...just couldn't save themselves😆😆😆

An outstanding ESG rating - but no chief risk operator: SVB hired woke board obsessed with diversity, invested $5BN for 'healthier planet' and held monthlong Pride celebration - but failed to spot glaring problems with investments​

Well...they were saving the planet...just couldn't save themselves😆😆😆

An outstanding ESG rating - but no chief risk operator: SVB hired woke board obsessed with diversity, invested $5BN for 'healthier planet' and held monthlong Pride celebration - but failed to spot glaring problems with investments​

My first question any time I step on an airplane is whether the pilot is diverse, inclusive, and equitable. Asking about things like training, certification, education, or flight history seems irrelevant and is likely hate speech.

So shorting companies based on their ESG scores? Is there such a index fund? I know the inverse Cramer index fund or the inverse Cathie Wood have worked out greatly so far.

Birds of a feather entrap the Boy King and the Queen….what a bunch of dbags!!

California Gov. Gavin Newsom failed to publicly disclose his SVB ties while lobbying for a bailout​

• California Gov. Gavin Newsom reportedly had substantial personal ties to Silicon Valley Bank.
  • Reports link Newsom to the bank through personal accounts, three wineries, and his wife's charity.
  • California law bans officials from influencing decisions in which they have "a financial interest."
Newsom's wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, happens to be the co-founder of one of those non-profits, California Partners Project. SVB reportedly donated $100,000 to that charity. The former bank's president is listed as one of the charity's board members.

As I have noted before...China is going through something similar to Japans collapse in the 90's.

Meanwhile In China, All Hell Is Breaking Loose

1. China on brink of biggest Covid-19 crisis since Wuhan as cases surge
2. Chinese stocks are crashing
3. Chinese bonds are crashing
4. China's property sector is (still) crashing
5. China Credit Collapses
6. Didi crashes
7. ESG blues
8. China Doubles Yuan Trading Band for Ruble
9. Foreigners dump Chinese bonds in record amounts
10. GDP on verge of contraction
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/meanwhile-china-all-hell-breaking-loose
Following the trail blazed by Japan in the 90’s…China has become the baba yaga of this cycle…long deflation coming to China…Cycles gonna cycle…🤷🏽‍♂️

Country Garden shares hit record low after profit warning as debt fears loom

· Shares of Country Garden Holdings hit an all-time low after it issued a profit warning for the six months ended June.

· The company expects to see a loss of about $6.24 billion to $7.63 billion for the period, compared to a $265 million profit in June 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/11/country-garden-shares-hit-record-low-after-profit-warning.html

China’s economic challenges gather steam as new loans plunge, property fears loom

· Credit data for July released Friday showed a slump in demand from businesses and households to borrow money for the future.

· On Tuesday, China is set to release July economic data that’s expected to show no change from June in the pace of growth for industrial production and fixed asset investment, according to a Reuters poll.

· Developer Country Garden announced over the weekend it was suspending trading in at least 10 of its mainland-China traded yuan bonds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/14/chi...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Oh... so you predicted the pain would end in 2020? Not... you said it would be YEARS of pain.

So wrong again.
Not true... I purchased my primary in early 2020 and prices skyrocketed 60% after that. Prior to that, there were years of pain for Irvine (although not other areas).

tic, tic, tic, tic... BOOM!!!

As China’s economy, population implode, Xi is looking to start a war​

For March, Beijing reported youth unemployment of 19.7 percent. It might have been 46.5 percent, however. Zhang Dandan of the prestigious Peking University wrote that perhaps as many as 16 million in the youth cohort had given up looking for a job that month. Add them into the pool, and the unemployment rate of course soars.

Throughout Chinese history, young, unemployed Chinese males have brought down dynasties, such as the Yuan and the Ming. The last dynasty, the Qing, was rocked by such young men during the Boxer Rebellion. Xi prides himself on being a student of his country’s past.

He also knows he is now being blamed for domestic difficulties. His policies are deepening the country’s economic and other problems, and he is probably thinking his best option is to rally people with a war, fought by the legions of the unemployed.

January 4, 2022...I wrote…

“I think we are around the later years of the Carter Administration where runaway inflation caused higher interest rates that eventually led to the greatest expansion in our countries history. If you recall, Japan was the boogey man then (now its China). That cycle did not end well for overextended Japan and I think things may follow suit for overextended China. However, things turned out well for us and that is what matters to me”

January 3 2023…. I wrote that like Japan in the last time, China has entered a deflationary cycle…(they are cutting interest rates while the rest of the world is raising them!)….

“As predicted, China, like the Japan of yester-year has folded in on itself. Their markets cratered for a third year in a row of double digit losses and I don’t see an ending in sight.”

Now where are they?...

China reports second-quarter GDP miss, another record high in youth unemployment

· The 6.3% GDP print for the second quarter marked a 0.8% pace of growth from the first quarter, slower than the 2.2% quarter-on-quarter pace recorded in the first three months of the year.

· National Bureau of Statistics spokesperson Fu Linghui noted China faces a complex geopolitical and economic international environment.

· He also said China can still achieve its full-year growth target. Beijing in March set a goal of around 5% growth for 2023.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/17/chi...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

China central bank cuts rates for second time in three months to support economy

China’s central bank unexpectedly cut key policy rates for the second time in three months on Tuesday, in a fresh sign that the authorities are ramping up monetary easing efforts to boost a sputtering economic recovery.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/chi...rates-for-second-time-to-support-economy.html

Idle, unemployed, poor youth never ends well…

China slips into deflation as consumer prices fall for the first time in more than two years​

Hong KongCNN —
The Chinese economyhas slipped into deflation, with consumer prices falling for the first time in more than two years in another sign of weakening demand.

The consumer price index (CPI) fell by 0.3% in July from a year ago, according to China’s National Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday. That’s the first time the index has fallen since February 2021.

Not true... I purchased my primary in early 2020 and prices skyrocketed 60% after that. Prior to that, there were years of pain for Irvine (although not other areas).
Not true? You said Irvine was in for many more years of pain in 2019. Unless "many more years" means 1 year?

Here is the yet more evidence of LL's lies:

1692210393887.png

You should go back on your posting hiatus because you've been called out for your untruths again and hope people will forget. I won't... good luck.

Not true? You said Irvine was in for many more years of pain in 2019. Unless "many more years" means 1 year?

Here is the yet more evidence of LL's lies:

View attachment 9118

You should go back on your posting hiatus because you've been called out for your untruths again and hope people will forget. I won't... good luck.
You've been denying for years now that Irvine declined at all. Now you're forced to admit that Irvine did, in fact, decline to try to disprove my comment about many more years of pain. Well as you have freely admitted today, there was an additional year of pain as measured by price declines.

But as you know, the conditions on the ground changed thanks to the Chinese-manufactured coronavirus and Federal Reserve policy had to change in response to it. Good thing I'm willing to adapt and adjust to changes in real time without stubbornly clinging to prior predictions, because 2021 was probably the easiest money I will ever make in my lifetime!!

Your argument is fundamentally dishonest because you act as if it's somehow wrong to update a prediction when something as dramatic as COVID comes along. If you had asked me a month ago whether West Maui was worth investing in, I might have said yes for a vacation rental, but now it's not someplace I would want to buy into given that large portions of it have burned to the ground. Should I still buy a vacation rental even though tourism might be non-existent for many months or even years just because it's what I thought a month ago?

Last edited:
You've been denying for years now that Irvine declined at all.
When did I say this? Lies again. I NEVER said Irvine did not "decline at all". It's okay, I know it makes you feel better to tell tall tales about me because I've caught you in so many lies. Funny how I can find all your posts to disprove your lies but you can't find any of mine. Should change your name to Loser Loan.

Now you're forced to admit that Irvine did, in fact, decline to try to disprove my comment about many more years of pain. Well as you have freely admitted today, there was an additional year of pain as measured by price declines.
3% is pain? As I've said MANY times before, that falls within a normal ebb/flow of seasonal changes. In fact, just because you said Irvine experienced this and and the rest of OC did not, just proves it was an anomaly and not even a full market correction.

But as you know, the conditions on the ground changed thanks to the Chinese-manufactured coronavirus and Federal Reserve policy had to change in response to it. Good thing I'm willing to adapt and adjust to changes in real time without stubbornly clinging to prior predictions, because 2021 was probably the easiest money I will ever make in my lifetime!!
Ahh finally. The Covid excuse. Yet you said nothing during this time about "Well.... Covid changes things" because you were hoping (like many) that Covid would destroy pricing... when it did the opposite. I have many posts asking why this happening when this was happening... you were quiet.

Your argument is fundamentally dishonest because you act as if it's somehow wrong to update a prediction when something as dramatic as COVID comes along. If you had asked me a month ago whether West Maui was worth investing in, I might have said yes for a vacation rental, but now it's not someplace I would want to buy into given that large portions of it have burned to the ground. Should I still buy a vacation rental even though tourism might be non-existent for many months or even years just because it's what I thought a month ago?
Except you didn't update your prediction. See above. I gave you many chances to correct yourself... but you never did because you were hoping your crystal ball would finally be proven true and you just love to troll Irvine. I bet you I can find a post from you mid-Covid where you still hung on to an Irvine drop. Want to lie again?

It wasn't until the pandemic dust settled you came out and said "Well,... Irvine did drop from 2018 to 2020". And even that is bunch of phooey because it was as you admitted... a single percentage drop... which as I stated... is within a margin of error.

It's okay... you were wrong again... at least you're admitting it.

This the the point. YOU said in 2018 and 2019 (and many other years before that) that Irvine was in for many more years of pain. It didn't happen. We know why. But don't come in here and say you never said that.

The only fundamentally dishonest one here is you... own it.

When did I say this? Lies again. I NEVER said Irvine did not "decline at all". It's okay, I know it makes you feel better to tell tall tales about me because I've caught you in so many lies. Funny how I can find all your posts to disprove your lies but you can't find any of mine. Should change your name to Loser Loan.

3% is pain? As I've said MANY times before, that falls within a normal ebb/flow of seasonal changes. In fact, just because you said Irvine experienced this and and the rest of OC did not, just proves it was an anomaly and not even a full market correction.

Ahh finally. The Covid excuse. Yet you said nothing during this time about "Well.... Covid changes things" because you were hoping (like many) that Covid would destroy pricing... when it did the opposite. I have many posts asking why this happening when this was happening... you were quiet.

Except you didn't update your prediction. See above. I gave you many chances to correct yourself... but you never did because you were hoping your crystal ball would finally be proven true and you just love to troll Irvine. I bet you I can find a post from you mid-Covid where you still hung on to an Irvine drop. Want to lie again?

It wasn't until the pandemic dust settled you came out and said "Well,... Irvine did drop from 2018 to 2020". And even that is bunch of phooey because it was as you admitted... a single percentage drop... which as I stated... is within a margin of error.

It's okay... you were wrong again... at least you're admitting it.

This the the point. YOU said in 2018 and 2019 (and many other years before that) that Irvine was in for many more years of pain. It didn't happen. We know why. But don't come in here and say you never said that.

The only fundamentally dishonest one here is you... own it.
Wow... I think you just settled the WFH debate with this post. Does your boss know how you're spending your time? 😄

If Irvine only declined 3% then Kenkoko's family must have bought a $4.33M home to have saved $130k on the purchase price! But we both know that's not what happened.

Here was your Irvine price prediction:

Typical LL...

He?ll probably wait until the fallout from Covid to show how prices have dropped.

An implicit admission that you thought prices in Irvine were going to tank due to COVID.

I never predicted any such thing. Irvine prices were already tanking, but I agreed that once rates had dropped from 5% down to 2.5% that Irvine had more or less flattened out. My prediction at that point was that once rates increased back to normal levels, Irvine prices would start to stagnate and decline again... which they have!

Last edited:
Back