Irvine vs Surrounding Cities?

bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
An (overrated) Ivy 😁

I got this! You're talking about U. Penn.

Well, per this board, they?re all overrated 😉

But this board is filled with people who move into the IUSD specifically in order to get their child into Berkeley and UCLA. That is the level of their aspiration.

On another note, no one should be moving into IUSD to try to maximize chances of getting into Berkeley or UCLA.  If that's all you're hoping for, you should specifically NOT move into IUSD, because you might be decreasing your child's chances.

So the only thing that kind of makes sense (although naively) is to move into the IUSD in order to get into Stanford, Williams, Pomona College, Ivy leagues, MIT, etc. However, as mentioned above, the reality is IUSD is not designed for that goal either.

I think it?s pretty clear from the posts that IUSD is designed to keep property values up and rising. Although, that also may not be true (versus surrounding cities) depending on who you read here 😀

This was a solid business plan for TIC, but will that still be the case once new construction winds down?

If I remember correctly someone from talk irvine hired a third party college counselor/advisor to help the college process.

It goes to show people are hungry and will do what ever it takes to get to the next level. (there are only x amount of spots)

Liar Loan said:
bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
An (overrated) Ivy 😁

But this board is filled with people who move into the IUSD specifically in order to get their child into Berkeley and UCLA. That is the level of their aspiration.

On another note, no one should be moving into IUSD to try to maximize chances of getting into Berkeley or UCLA.  If that's all you're hoping for, you should specifically NOT move into IUSD, because you might be decreasing your child's chances.

So the only thing that kind of makes sense (although naively) is to move into the IUSD in order to get into Stanford, Williams, Pomona College, Ivy leagues, MIT, etc. However, as mentioned above, the reality is IUSD is not designed for that goal either.

I think it?s pretty clear from the posts that IUSD is designed to keep property values up and rising. Although, that also may not be true (versus surrounding cities) depending on who you read here 😀

This was a solid business plan for TIC, but will that still be the case once new construction winds down?

Yes because TIC has tens and thousands of apartments and millions of commercial square feet to rent.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Liar Loan said:
bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
An (overrated) Ivy 😁

Yes because TIC has tens and thousands of apartments and millions of commercial square feet to rent.

It is not just Irvine. Other agents in other cities market good school ratings.

I even seen homes, that the agent misled people saying they can go to xyz school or they can transfer into that school.
(They make it seem so easy to transfer schools, but do they really know what it takes to get transfer. I got other things to do then debate them.)

CogNeuroSci said:
bones said:
An (overrated) Ivy 😁

60jzbo.jpg

it will be interesting to see how UCs will be impacted by affirmative action once that passes. Specifically UCLA/UCI/UCSD/UCB etc. I have a strong feeling it will eventually pass. Imagine UCI for example having 15-20% asians? that's basically cutting the asians in half in one of the UCs.

CogNeuroSci said:
Harvard is an Ivy League that is not overrated.

If Bones interviews for Harvard, he went there for undergrad. His call name is Bones, suggesting he's a medical doctor. So what medical school did you go to, Bones?

Good god, you didn?t get a single detail correct.

WTTCHMN said:
CogNeuroSci said:

If Bones interviews for Harvard, he went there for undergrad. His call name is Bones, suggesting he's a medical doctor. So what medical school did you go to, Bones?

Probably hasn't been on TI long enough, Bones used to post more on TI

WTTCHMN said:
sleepy5136 said:
it will be interesting to see how UCs will be impacted by affirmative action once that passes. Specifically UCLA/UCI/UCSD/UCB etc. I have a strong feeling it will eventually pass.

Unlikely.  Proponents spent $25 Million in 2020 and it still failed.
https://ballotpedia.org/California_...ition_209_Affirmative_Action_Amendment_(2020)
42% yes and 57% no is not that far off from passing. I do hope it doesn't ever pass though. It's quite BS TBH

WTTCHMN said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Sorry, my bad.

CogNeuroSci said:
WTTCHMN said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Sorry, my bad.

I would tell you if I thought it would help your kid?s chances. But since I didn?t have a kid with you, it doesn?t.

5-6% acceptance rate across all ivies for class of 2025. The reality is after legacies, athletes, the geniuses, the well-connected, the ?stories? (aka first gens/hardship applicants), there?s not much space for IUSD (or similar) kids.

bones said:
CogNeuroSci said:
WTTCHMN said:
CogNeuroSci said:

Sorry, my bad.

I would tell you if I thought it would help your kid?s chances. But since I didn?t have a kid with you, it doesn?t.

5-6% acceptance rate across all ivies for class of 2025. The reality is after legacies, athletes, the geniuses, the well-connected, the ?stories? (aka first gens/hardship applicants), there?s not much space for IUSD (or similar) kids.

You would tell me which medical school you went to if...? Don't you worry about getting my kid into whatever school! I will take care of that myself!

It seems I didn't get everything wrong, other than I assumed you were male. Apparently, you ARE a doctor (unless the forum veterans way back were messing with people). Surprisingly, you were saying things on this forum back in 2013-2014 about IUSD that were very similar to what I've been saying here recently. If I'm as surprised as I state, then you must be surprised as well.

There is a lot of naivete (and garbage) on this forum regarding IUSD, high schools, and colleges. We can dare these people to fork out $250/hr for a college/school counseling (a highly controversial industry) package at HS2, which will almost definitely lead them to periods of anger somewhere along the journey OR we can join forces to help them out for FREE.

And to think my original purpose in TI was just to talk a little bit about wood floors and floor plan designs. But first, where did you go to medical school again?

Oh, I forgot about the last part of your post, Bones. Why did you give me the statistics on Ivy League schools? I'm confused about that one (in addition to I don't get what telling me your medical school has anything to do with my son getting into the ivory tower!)

Are you sure you posted to (quoted) the right person? Did you go to a Saturday evening party?

@cogneurosci

The previous threads mentioned potentially going to/transferring to a lower ranked school. (probably the area is not safe as Irvine) A person might have a better chance getting in. idk

Liar Loan said:

I think it will be. The school thing is so embedded in this town's identity that it is now what it is. And as someone else mentioned here, you don't know what you don't know and really, by the time you may realize it, it's too late to do anything about it so that cycle just keeps continuing and perpetuating.

CogNeuroSci said:
You would tell me which medical school you went to if...? Don't you worry about getting my kid into whatever school! I will take care of that myself!

It seems I didn't get everything wrong, other than I assumed you were male. Apparently, you ARE a doctor (unless the forum veterans way back were messing with people). Surprisingly, you were saying things on this forum back in 2013-2014 about IUSD that were very similar to what I've been saying here recently. If I'm as surprised as I state, then you must be surprised as well.

There is a lot of naivete (and garbage) on this forum regarding IUSD, high schools, and colleges. We can dare these people to fork out $250/hr for a college/school counseling (a highly controversial industry) package at HS2, which will almost definitely lead them to periods of anger somewhere along the journey OR we can join forces to help them out for FREE.

And to think my original purpose in TI was just to talk a little bit about wood floors and floor plan designs. But first, where did you go to medical school again?

1. No I?m not surprised. The IUSD hype machine is pretty easy to figure out. The only thing in the last 5-10 years that has surprised me is their no hw policy (which I think contributes to some of the points you made earlier in this thread).
2. I have no interest in helping anyone out for free - I just shoot the shit here once in awhile. But what you aim to do is very noble. Good job.
3. Re: medical school. I think this is now a running gag that you think is funny but isn't? Feel free to insert the (most/least) impressive response to satiate your curiosity.

:) :) :)

Back