Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier

irvinehomeshopper

When I learned of the Coronavirus case in OC, the media did not indicate which city. I searched everywhere but could not locate where the infected individual resides. OC is a vast place from San Clemente to Brea and from HB to Yorba Linda.

The media not disclosing the city and City of Irvine censoring this potential disaster is no different from the Government in China, where saving face is more important than the safety and welfare of people.

The hospital where she was treated that borders Santa Ana and Tustin should issue a statement of precaution.

This text came from a legitimate source a few days ago a concerned friend of mine living in SGV active in the Chinese Community. Fortunately, the relative of the infected mom leaked it to the Chinese media, and this excerpt was published. Irvine Valley College should cancel classes and especially issuing safety warnings regarding exposure. The city of Irvine and Woodbridge must do the same.

🚨 OC ????Irvine Valley Community College (IVC) ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????Irvine valley college, ?Woodbridge, ???????????????????????Tustin ?Santa ana?????foothill regional medical center!

?????????????????????????????😷😷😷

So we should not go to Diamond Jamboree because Wuhan Virus boy went to Hai Di Liao?

got it!...will not go there until given all clear.

We should all stay home and avoid other people just like the good people of China.
That'll show the virus who's boss!

Who's going to Home Depot and buying up all the N95 masks?

I see the sarcasm here. I do think some warnings would be nice and people can wear the mask if they wish, wash their hands often, don?t use shopping cart or avoid busy places. I will do all of the above when I am in Irvine. I could let my guard down and use the shopping carts at Northgate market.

If the virus becomes wide spread here, I'll be telecommuting from home.  There's too much misinformation and rumors floating around right now.

Over the weekend I went to Costco and stocked up another 30 gallons of water.  If your long term emergency food storage is freeze dried foods, be aware that you will need more water per day for cooking.

Canned foods have shorter shelf life (1-5 years) but usually do not require additional water.  Costco's canned chicken is a great addition for low carb diet and easy to rotate through monthly use.

Always helps to have water, a full tank of gas, and either a portable generator / solar panel for these "just in case" moments. Even with masks, sanitizers, and other preventatives, ANY virus could spread wild, causing another Spanish Flu epidemic scenario:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

At least from the reporting so far the mortality rate isn't high relative to other pandemics. It would be helpful to have these figures checked over again by a 3rd party IMHO as I'm skeptical of any "Official Government Responses". Look at the Ebola outbreaks and the underreporting then....

My .02c

The news reported the OC patient as a man in his 50s... I'm pretty sure that info floating around on wechat is fake.

The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

if this is true and the mother has a student in IVC, what's the state of this student, is he/she in isolation or keeps attending classes?

I hear there are 2 cases in OC. The public news reporting a man of 50s in OC AND also that Woodbridge resident woman with a daughter at IVC could be another one. Both could be fake or maybe only one got into public news so far? Who knows?

Well at least there's easy parking @ DJ now.

Friend of mine working @DJ reports much less people after that message was shared.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm going to momo's house.
I think I have my Level 5 security badge to get past his heavily armored security gate.

If you were forced to leave your bug-in location (home), what you actually need is bug-out bag and backup stash/cache.  5 gallon buckets with gamma lids (avail at home depot) can keep your backup supplies safe for few years when buried.  Put your stuff inside backpack, put backpack inside bucket, bury/stash bucket.  There are numerous parks and trails around Irvine suitable for this purpose, bring a folding shovel with you on a hike to test the soil.

There are numerous web sites, articles, blogs on what to put in your bug out bag.  All I'll say is before you spend any money, check your closet, drawers, and pantry first.  That sweater you haven't worn for years?  Perfect.  Worn socks/underwear/jeans with small hole?  Good enough.  Get free map from AAA office.

You better get a lot of rest because at Momo?s house you will be straining your eyes watching the KDramas? subtitles.

irvinehomeowner said:

I think I have my Level 5 security badge to get past his heavily armored security gate.

irvinehomeshopper said:
You better get a lot of rest because at Momo?s house you will be straining your eyes watching the KDramas? subtitles.

irvinehomeowner said:

Ahh yeah. Luckily I eat at so many KBBQs I'm semi-fluent in Korean. :)

momopi said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If you were forced to leave your bug-in location (home), what you actually need is bug-out bag and backup stash/cache.  5 gallon buckets with gamma lids (avail at home depot) can keep your backup supplies safe for few years when buried.  Put your stuff inside backpack, put backpack inside bucket, bury/stash bucket.  There are numerous parks and trails around Irvine suitable for this purpose, bring a folding shovel with you on a hike to test the soil.

There are numerous web sites, articles, blogs on what to put in your bug out bag.  All I'll say is before you spend any money, check your closet, drawers, and pantry first.  That sweater you haven't worn for years?  Perfect.  Worn socks/underwear/jeans with small hole?  Good enough.  Get free map from AAA office.

Sometimes I wonder if you're a survivalist or Jason Bourne. :)

P.S.  The 1L bottle Glaceau "Smart Water" and Costco 1 gallon water jugs (sold in 6 packs) tend to last longer in storage without undesirable taste.  I've had the Costco 1 gallon water jugs stored in backyard container for 3 years and it's still drinkable.  It was never in direct sunlight but the backyard storage container is left outdoors through summers and winters.

The el cheapo small bottled water at supermarket?  Left in garage for 1 summer and it tasted weird.

I hope you did not get infected while shopping for your survivalist supplies from the District Costco.

momopi said:
P.S.  The 1L bottle Glaceau "Smart Water" and Costco 1 gallon water jugs (sold in 6 packs) tend to last longer in storage without undesirable taste.  I've had the Costco 1 gallon water jugs stored in backyard container for 3 years and it's still drinkable.  It was never in direct sunlight but the backyard storage container is left outdoors through summers and winters.

The el cheapo small bottled water at supermarket?  Left in garage for 1 summer and it tasted weird.

Back