Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier

Everyone, please stop spreading rumors and fake news about the virus. The IVC rumor is totally fake Chinese social media hysteria:
http://marketing.ivc.edu/news/archive/2020/01/27/coronavirus-information-and-health-guidelines.aspx

On Monday, January 27, following unverified social media posts claiming the person infected with the virus was the parent of an Irvine Valley College (IVC) student, OCHCA informed college administration that there has been no evidence of person-to-person transmission of the virus in Orange County?.
Additionally, OCHCA officials stated that had there been any link of exposure to IVC students or staff, college officials would have been notified directly by the CDC and OCHCA. To date, no such notification has been made as no credible ?close contact? link exists to any IVC student or staff member.

The reason mainland China people think the govt is hiding something is because that's how the Communist Party operates in their homeland. Mainland Chinese do not understand that in the US, the CDC and health authorities tell the truth. Don't act like a Mainlander. Don't panic. Don't spread rumors.

irvinehomeshopper said:
[quote auto=Mety link=topic=17198.msg357998#msg357998 date=1580258178]
irvinehomeshopper said:
In my initial post, I posted what my friend wrote to me in Chinese. I posted it exactly. The Chinese text did mention ?mother? in Chinese. In Woodbridge, the neighbors are saying the same as well. What I posted was her text and not something I plagiarized from the Chinese internet.

The sex of the patient is irrelevant. The virus does not discriminate whether the carrier is a man or a woman. The importance is the subject resides in Woodbridge, he shopped and dined in Irvine and the daughter is among the IVC population.

That?s only half of your original post. The other half is about Irvine lying/hiding facts. Was it true? If not, then that should also be addressed.

So far have you seen any statement from Irvine to warn the public? The subject is a resident of Woodbridge. His daughter is a student of IVC. He dined at a restaurant at Diamond Jamboree, and shopped at the 99 Ranch Market. These are crowded places and so is the campus of IVC. The city has a responsibility to warn the public. Have I not posted none of you would have any clue this is happening to your own backyard.

Even the District Costco notified the employees to take precautions. Most Chinese Customers are wearing a mask.

During Lunar New Year, the Chinese Restaurants are packed and super crowded. Who knows during this time what could have happened. It's too late. This is irresponsible. The infected patient in Washington state the agency disclosed the city where the patient was treated. Here is OC is vague and silent
[/quote]

Happiness said:
Everyone, please stop spreading rumors and fake news about the virus. The IVC rumor is totally fake Chinese social media hysteria:
http://marketing.ivc.edu/news/archive/2020/01/27/coronavirus-information-and-health-guidelines.aspx

On Monday, January 27, following unverified social media posts claiming the person infected with the virus was the parent of an Irvine Valley College (IVC) student, OCHCA informed college administration that there has been no evidence of person-to-person transmission of the virus in Orange County?.
Additionally, OCHCA officials stated that had there been any link of exposure to IVC students or staff, college officials would have been notified directly by the CDC and OCHCA. To date, no such notification has been made as no credible ?close contact? link exists to any IVC student or staff member.

The reason mainland China people think the govt is hiding something is because that's how the Communist Party operates in their homeland. Mainland Chinese do not understand that in the US, the CDC and health authorities tell the truth. Don't act like a Mainlander. Don't panic. Don't spread rumors.

'Tis the time when the fake news prevail. Everyone is still exposed to the truth. Only a few will accept...

I kind of knew it was fake when they specifically named places like DJ, South Coast Plaza, IVC, Woodbridge, and etc.

Whoever created this fake news failed to know the majority of Chinese people reside in Eastwood Village ;D.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/03/...ty-data-on-coronavirus-cases-starting-friday/

County Health reluctant to disclose cities with infection due to confidentiality.

Finally a few days ago the county has to release information to alert the public. I do think releasing it now is way too late. Absent statistics people were not serious enough and lived life without taking extra precaution allowing infections to spread  the last 2 months since this thread started. It?s just recently last week retails in OC began taking measure like disinfecting carts, door knobs, gas pump handles and taped markers of social distancing. Unfortunately this is way too late.

? Aliso Viejo: 2
? Anaheim: 28
? Brea: 1
? Buena Park: 7
? Costa Mesa: 8
? Cypress: 6
? Dana Point: 7
? Fountain Valley: 5
? Fullerton: 7
? Garden Grove: 4
? Huntington Beach: 26
? Irvine: 33