Irvine should have disclosed this a lot earlier

Hoping the Corona virus panic will help me get a quick drink at Omomo or lunch at Ding Tai Fung this weekend. :)

irvinehomeshopper said:
I hope you did not get infected while shopping for your survivalist supplies from the District Costco.

momopi said:
P.S.  The 1L bottle Glaceau "Smart Water" and Costco 1 gallon water jugs (sold in 6 packs) tend to last longer in storage without undesirable taste.  I've had the Costco 1 gallon water jugs stored in backyard container for 3 years and it's still drinkable.  It was never in direct sunlight but the backyard storage container is left outdoors through summers and winters.

The el cheapo small bottled water at supermarket?  Left in garage for 1 summer and it tasted weird.

I moved to Cerritos area and shop at Costco in Norwalk.

For survivalist supplies I recommend major surplus and survival in Gardena.  They stock canned water for lazy folks who don?t want to rotate stock.

=======

Here?s an idea for ?wet can? rotation. If you purchase boxes of canned food for emergencies but got tired of eating it in rotation, you can donate to canned food drives at work and school ? just make sure it has not expired and has at least 6-12 months remaining on best used by date.

If you do this every year you can make sure that the canned food supply in your pantry is relatively fresh.  I recommend stocking basic items like canned meats, fruits and vegetables instead of microwaved meals.  B&M also makes canned bread, avail at Stater Bros supermarket.

Re-watching "Contagion" - A great sci-fi film that has evidently has become more of a documentary of sorts.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

In regarding to misinformation and fakes.

Don?t be too haste in gather and broadcast information

This is output by the City of Irvine PD today.

The Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA) has confirmed that the  Orange County patient who tested positive for the novel coronavirus is a male in his 50s. Due to patient confidentiality, no additional information is known at this time. The OCHCA is the lead agency for health related issues in Orange County. Please follow their social media platforms or visit their website at http://www.ochealthinfo.com/phs/about/epidasmt/epi/dip/prevention/novel_coronavirus for additional information.  The City of Irvine and Irvine Police Department will continue to monitor.

When I learned of the misinformation, I researched numerous sources that published the original article.

The Center for Disease Control undoubtedly is the most trusted source, and an infected patient is indeed a man.

Neighbors in Woodbridge, my trusted source from SVG and I have all misled the sex because of the google translate glitch I discovered this morning by copy and pasted the original Chinese article referring the patient only as ?he or him? and the only reference to a female was ?daughter attending IVC.? Google translated ? to visit her daughter,? and that started the connotation the mother of a female student got infected with the coronavirus.

Below is the link to the original Chinese articlehttps://www.wenxuecity.com/news/2020/01/26/9056897.html

This is the content of the Chinese text followed by the English translation. Google screwed up big time:

???????????????CDC?????

?????????????3??????????????????????

????????????

????????????????????

????????????????????

?????????????????60?????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????IVC??????

Irvine Valley College????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????(???????????)????????

??????????????Orange County???????Los Angeles??????San diego?????????????????Irvine???????2016????????????????
????????????:

?????

-??????????????????????????LA?????????????????????????????????????????????

-???????????????????????Irvine valley college,?Woodbridge,??????????????????????Tustin ?Santa ana????,?????????????????????????????

Today, the CDC from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently confirmed:

This Southern California patient is the third patient in the United States to be diagnosed with a new type of pneumonia virus from China.

What we worry about still happens

First patient diagnosed with new type of coronary pneumonia in California still appears

And in the Chinese community-Orange County, Greater Los Angeles, Southern California

He traveled to Orange County, Los Angeles from Wuhan. The patient was in his 60s, and yesterday, midnight on Saturday, officially confirmed a positive virus test.

There is unconfirmed news that the patient came from Wuhan to visit her daughter who is studying at IVC in Bay Area Community University.

Irvine Valley College is also a well-known community college in Irvine, with many international students from China.

A spokesman for the agency said the patient is currently in isolation at a hospital and is doing well.

Currently, following consultations with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health, all individuals in close contact with the case and at risk of infection are being directly followed.

Any close contacts will be monitored and ensured that appropriate assessments and care are provided when they become ill.

Guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that people who have had casual contact with the case (at the same grocery store or movie theater) have the lowest risk of infection.

But what worries us more is that Orange County lies between Los Angeles and San diego. Irvine, popular with new Chinese immigrants, is in Orange County. By 2016, Asians had become Irvine's largest ethnic group.

Message just received in the web forum:
Reviews:

-Should stay at home and isolate myself, knowing what is the difference between flying to LA and escaping under the circumstances of the Wuhan epidemic, it is dangerous to hang out, the pit school and the surrounding Los Angeles people, and those who are on the plane are in danger Now ...

-The Chinese in Irvine have found his course. The child is studying at Irvine valley college, living in Woodbridge, arriving on Wednesday, eating Haidilao on Thursday, seeing a doctor on Friday, and the hospital is at the junction of Tustin and Santa ana Everyone informed each other that people who went to Haidilao to eat or who had visited this hospital also isolated themselves.

irvinehomeshopper said:
When I learned of the misinformation, I researched numerous sources that published the original article.

The Center for Disease Control undoubtedly is the most trusted source, and an infected patient is indeed a man.

Neighbors in Woodbridge, my trusted source from SVG and I have all misled the sex because of the google translate glitch I discovered this morning by copy and pasted the original Chinese article referring the patient only as ?he or him? and the only reference to a female was ?daughter attending IVC.? Google translated ? to visit her daughter,? and that started the connotation the mother of a female student got infected with the coronavirus.

The problem is when TI called you out on your false information, instead of retreating, you double-downed on your version and called everyone else's fake news.  Then you acted like you had a primary source when in reality, you were just using google translate and essentially plagiarizing your source.

Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but in propagating your own version of fake news, you just fueled the fire to create more pandemonium.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The info of the man is fake. The infected woman is verified by Chinese neighbors living in Woodbridge. Although not publicized yet but majority of residents of Woodbridge are taking extreme precautions and avoiding busy places. Diamond Jamboree, District Costco and South Coast Plaza the mother visited while in her contagious period before she got really sick.

;D

WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

The problem is when TI called you out on your false information, instead of retreating, you double-downed on your version and called everyone else's fake news.  Then you acted like you had a primary source when in reality, you were just using google translate and essentially plagiarizing your source.

Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but in propagating your own version of fake news, you just fueled the fire to create more pandemonium.

irvinehomeshopper said:

iacrenter said:
Hoping the Corona virus panic will help me get a quick drink at Omomo or lunch at Ding Tai Fung this weekend. :)

Doubtful, DTF was still packed this past Sunday. 30min wait at 10:45am. There were still a ton of people at Irvine Costco, SCP, Trade Joes and elsewhere this past weekend.

In my initial post, I posted what my friend wrote to me in Chinese. I posted it exactly. The Chinese text did mention ?mother? in Chinese. In Woodbridge, the neighbors are saying the same as well. What I posted was her text and not something I plagiarized from the Chinese internet.

The sex of the patient is irrelevant. The virus does not discriminate whether the carrier is a man or a woman. The importance is the subject resides in Woodbridge, he shopped and dined in Irvine and the daughter is among the IVC population.

irvinehomeshopper said:
In my initial post, I posted what my friend wrote to me in Chinese. I posted it exactly. The Chinese text did mention ?mother? in Chinese. In Woodbridge, the neighbors are saying the same as well. What I posted was her text and not something I plagiarized from the Chinese internet.

The sex of the patient is irrelevant. The virus does not discriminate whether the carrier is a man or a woman. The importance is the subject resides in Woodbridge, he shopped and dined in Irvine and the daughter is among the IVC population.

That?s only half of your original post. The other half is about Irvine lying/hiding facts. Was it true? If not, then that should also be addressed.

akkord said:
iacrenter said:

Doubtful, DTF was still packed this past Sunday. 30min wait at 10:45am. There were still a ton of people at Irvine Costco, SCP, Trade Joes and elsewhere this past weekend.

I do take out if the bar is busy. Once I got my take out usually in 15min. I sat right down on the bench among others still waiting and I start eating.

[quote auto=Mety link=topic=17198.msg357998#msg357998 date=1580258178]
irvinehomeshopper said:

That?s only half of your original post. The other half is about Irvine lying/hiding facts. Was it true? If not, then that should also be addressed.
[/quote]

So far have you seen any statement from Irvine to warn the public? The subject is a resident of Woodbridge. His daughter is a student of IVC. He dined at a restaurant at Diamond Jamboree, and shopped at the 99 Ranch Market. These are crowded places and so is the campus of IVC. The city has a responsibility to warn the public. Have I not posted none of you would have any clue this is happening to your own backyard.

Even the District Costco notified the employees to take precautions. Most Chinese Customers are wearing a mask.

During Lunar New Year, the Chinese Restaurants are packed and super crowded. Who knows during this time what could have happened. It's too late. This is irresponsible. The infected patient in Washington state the agency disclosed the city where the patient was treated. Here is OC is vague and silent

@IHS,
I see your concern and also thank you for giving us warnings. The issue here isn?t your genuineness. It?s the information no one knows what is true. What if that whole story of a Woodbridge resident with a daughter at IVC is a made up story? There is a good potential that is the fake news whereas that OC man in his 50s is the true story. Maybe there isn?t a single person with this corona virus in Irvine. I personally don?t know what is true yet. You seem to be very firm with your position, but just saying your source could be in the wrong. Although I?m with you hoping no one gets this virus in this city or nearby.

Mety said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I never said City of Irvine is lying. Lying meant City of Irvine denied the fact the patient?s residence is not in Irvine.

Read the title of this thread.

I will use my logic here. A Chinese is wealthy enough to travel to Wuhan and living in OC. Possibly someone with a strong mainlander tie? Well which OC City has the highest population of Mainlanders?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I never said City of Irvine is lying. Lying meant City of Irvine denied the fact the patient?s residence is not in Irvine.

Read the title of this thread.

I will use my logic here. A Chinese is wealthy enough to travel to Wuhan and living in OC. Possibly someone with a strong mainlander tie? Well which OC City has the highest population of Mainlanders?

I?ve already posted about this above. I feel your pain. But you still seem to be posting based on assumptions. Irvine does have many Chinese, but it still doesn?t mean it has a corona virus patient.

About lying, that?s why I also wrote ?/hiding.? Both are in the same context, but if the word lying bothers you then I?ll YF it and delete the post to either ?.? Or ?*?  :D. In all seriousness, I believe your post gave us good warnings for us to stay safe. But it doesn?t mean what you wrote or that Chinese texts you got is the legitimate source.

Edit/added: Let me ask you. What is the purpose of this thread? Is it to announce how the city of Irvine is corrupted or is it to warn everyone to stay safe?

irvinehomeowner said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Re-watching "Contagion" - A great sci-fi film that has evidently has become more of a documentary of sorts.
This is the prequel to ?Train To Busan?:
?Plane From Wuhan?
:)

Train to Busan (2016) was a big financial success.  But when they tried to replicate the success with Chang Gwol (Rampant) in 2018 it bombed.

Kingdom (2019) was made possible with Netflix funding.  Fortunately it was at least a success, unlike Arthdal Chronicles.

Back