Irvine Crime Wave

iacrenter said:
Yikes! If true, that sounds like a horrible crime. I didn't see anything on the IPD website or facebook page about the incident. Makes me a little suspicious. Did the victim report the incident?

Are you still sus? (Suspicious)
Asian hate crime is real.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
Yikes! If true, that sounds like a horrible crime. I didn't see anything on the IPD website or facebook page about the incident. Makes me a little suspicious. Did the victim report the incident?

Call me paranoid but I don't trust a singular post on social media. Too many bots, foreign governments, and extremists posting fake news stories. I always look for additional supporting sources from primary sites (IPD website/news release) or mainstream news.

It looks like assault to me but that doesn't mean it's a hate crime because the victim is Asian. Let's wait for the investigation before we pass judgement.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Call me paranoid but I don't trust a singular post on social media. Too many bots, foreign governments, and extremists posting fake news stories. I always look for additional supporting sources from primary sites (IPD website/news release) or mainstream news.

It looks like assault to me but that doesn't mean it's a hate crime because the victim is Asian. Let's wait for the investigation before we pass judgement.

I really do not think an extremist would make this up. But then again you thought Trump won and all the bs. (If I remember correctly) Lol

Got to keep the guard up. Not going to wait for an investigation.
You know how I roll. Be proactive vs reactive.
People think they safe, but now a days you never know.

The funny thing: the kid or adult thought he can get away with it in broad daylight. Little did he know that there are cameras everywhere especially at the park.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

I really do not think an extremist would make this up. But then again you thought Trump won and all the bs. (If I remember correctly) Lol

You remember incorrectly. I'm one of the few Republicans who has always been in the NEVER Trump camp.

Sadly, the 2016 and 2020 elections has made me more cynical about the democratic process and news in general. The FBI has confirmed interference in both elections by Russia. They created multiple fake social media accounts that were used to spread disinformation and cause unrest.

Who's to says that is still not going on now? A divided America is a weak America. Our foreign adversaries will continue using fake/ inflammatory stories in social media as a weapon. They will prey on our country's weak spots: race relations, police brutality, class warfare, economic strife, covid fears etc... The more angry and divided we become, the more our enemies rejoice.

iacrenter said:
IPD finally put out a press release and the whole thing was caught on video. I hope someone knows this young man and turns him in. There can't be many young Husky owners in that part of Irvine.

Here is a link to IPD press release on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/IrvinePD/photos/pcb.4504857632874517/4504843929542554/

Here is a link to the video on YouTube:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6gfU3w4d5s[/youtube]

Here is a KTLA article:https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ir...ar-old-asian-man-during-dispute-between-dogs/

Yea, that looks like an assault.  Couple things pop out, the pair of people walking along towards them seems unphased by the events and completely uninterested when the old person is by themselves afterward.

The middle aged woman on the path, paused, went off screen and then came back but just walked normally on the path.

And most importantly, there's a rather pertinent chunk in the middle that's been cut out.

Not sure which is more concerning, a young hot head hit them for some likely trivial reason or the apparent complete disregard of the other park patron witnesses after the attacker cleared out?

I'd like to see the whole footage.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

You remember incorrectly. I'm one of the few Republicans who has always been in the NEVER Trump camp.

Sadly, the 2016 and 2020 elections has made me more cynical about the democratic process and news in general. The FBI has confirmed interference in both elections by Russia. They created multiple fake social media accounts that were used to spread disinformation and cause unrest.

Who's to says that is still not going on now? A divided America is a weak America. Our foreign adversaries will continue using fake/ inflammatory stories in social media as a weapon. They will prey on our country's weak spots: race relations, police brutality, class warfare, economic strife, covid fears etc... The more angry and divided we become, the more our enemies rejoice.

Maybe you should said they after Trump cheered on the Capital attack. I did not see you have the same concern. So don?t bring up divided America. Again this doesn?t sound like disinformation. Tbh -  I do not care if you feel cynical about the democratic process. The opposite of that is communism. Haha covid fears are real. Don?t tell me that you also think it?s fake. (It just get better and better)

Also, it is perfectly legal for me to tell people to be aware of their surroundings. Also, maybe do not let your elderly friends and family walk by themselves.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
Maserson said:

I stand by my previous statement. I do not care about an investigation. We all see the video. The fact is a persons dad got beaten up. I guess the parks are not safe.
Would I call it the hood? No (not yet at least)

Assault yes. Hate crime, don't know yet unless you can read the mind of the attacker. That's exactly the point of an investigation.

How long does an investigation take?
We do not have time to wait. (Hate crime, elderly abuse, idk)
We are not going to wait months for an investigation. Also, what if they do not find the guy.
Take action and beware of your surroundings.
Unfortunately, I can not tell them what action to defend themselves because I do not want to be liable. (You know my style) But we can let people know, the parks are not the same as before.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Maybe you should said they after Trump cheered on the Capital attack. I did not see you have the same concern. So don?t bring up divided America. Again this doesn?t sound like disinformation. Tbh -  I do not care if you feel cynical about the democratic process. The opposite of that is communism. Haha covid fears are real. Don?t tell me that you also think it?s fake. (It just get better and better)

Also, it is perfectly legal for me to tell people to be aware of their surroundings. Also, maybe do not let your elderly friends and family walk by themselves.

Maybe it's time to listen to one another and find some common ground. You and I probably have a lot more in common than what's different.

It also seems reasonable to doubt a first report of an incident on social media. A prudent person would reserve judgement until they get more facts from multiple sources. Given the video evidence, multiple news accounts, and a police news release, it's clear there was an altercation/assault. Police now need to arrest this person ASAP and find out their motivation.

City of Irvine cries wolf on "hate crime"

The people of Irvine want victimhood status so much that they jumped at a chance to cry "hate crime" without any evidence of it.  We want to be knights in shining armor that fight for social justice.  We want all our friends to know what heroes we are. 

The Irvine police cut out the most important parts in their first video, which caused a lot of outrage.  The mayor also did her part in spreading the false narrative.  While she never stated "hate crime", she certainly implied it by bringing race into it and then allowing the outrage to follow without following up.

Here is the unedited second video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_8iloz4W8k

Once the second video was shared, the chain of events became clear as to what happened.  A boy was running with his husky dog, without a leash.  While he was ahead of his husky dog, and it was behind him, the husky approached an older man with a small dog.  It appeared to the old man to be threatening, and whether it was or not, it was bothering the old man and he felt the need to fight it off.  The old man then hit the husky multiple times.  While the old man was hitting the husky, the boy turned around to witness it.  He then got mad, and knocked down the older man and hit him a few times and kicked him. 

The old man then went to the ER due to a cut that was bleeding. 

Why was the initial part of the video cut out when shared? 
Why was the police so irresponsible here?
Why did the mayor share the victim's race? 
Why was the mayor irresponsible here?
Why are the people of Irvine so quick to condemn this as a hate crime?
Why after seeing the full evidence, do the people still want to call this a hate crime?

eyephone said:
As long as it takes

eyephone said:
Yeah, you do have time.  You have plenty of time.  You spend it mostly shitposting here. 

eyephone said:
We are not going to wait months for an investigation. Also, what if they do not find the guy.
They will find the guy, and no you wont have an impact on this.  You aren't a knight in shinning armor.  You aren't a hero.  You are a keyboard bully.  You get off on insulting others.

eyephone said:
Even a broken clock is right sometimes.  Yes, this is good advice.

eyephone said:
Unfortunately, I can not tell them what action to defend themselves because I do not want to be liable. (You know my style) But we can let people know, the parks are not the same as before.
The parks are just as safe.  Stop spreading lies, hate and fear.  Learn to think and come up with your own thoughts. 

spootieho said:
Once the second video was shared, the chain of events became clear as to what happened.  A boy was running with his husky dog, without a leash.  While he was ahead of his husky dog, and it was behind him, the husky approached an older man with a small dog.  It appeared to the old man to be threatening, and whether it was or not, it was bothering the old man and he felt the need to fight it off.  The old man then hit the husky multiple times.  While the old man was hitting the husky, the boy turned around to witness it.  He then got mad, and knocked down the older man and hit him a few times and kicked him. 

So Irvine has an epidemic not of Asian hate crimes, but of unleased dog walkers.  Typical boring Irvine.

That little dog had some fight in him. I think he was going after the husky once the husky noticed him.

Your acting brand new.
He is straight up trolling. You all ready know.

spootieho said:
eyephone said:
As long as it takes

eyephone said:
Yeah, you do have time.  You have plenty of time.  You spend it mostly shitposting here. 

eyephone said:
They will find the guy, and no you wont have an impact on this.  You aren't a knight in shinning armor.  You aren't a hero.  You are a keyboard bully.  You get off on insulting others.

eyephone said:
Even a broken clock is right sometimes.  Yes, this is good advice.

eyephone said:
The parks are just as safe.  Stop spreading lies, hate and fear.  Learn to think and come up with your own thoughts.

qwerty said:
That little dog had some fight in him. I think he was going after the husky once the husky noticed him.

Just don?t mind the kick and the stomp by the young guy.
Beating an old guy is like competing against a toddler. You will always win. Weak shi7

A 23-year-old man was arrested Thursday following investigation into the assault of a 69-year-old Asian man caught on video at an Irvine park last week, officials said.

On Monday, police released surveillance video and images in hopes of tracking down the man involved. The footage generated multiple calls, and one tip from an anonymous source led detectives to identify Quiroz as a suspect.

Thursday morning, officers found Quiroz at his Tustin apartment, along with evidence linking him to the assault, authorities said.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/po...eo-assault-of-69-year-old-man-in-irvine-park/

Back