Irvine (and vicinity) Dining Deals / Coupons

qwerty said:
Got the app, got the free signature craft burger. Thanks IHO!

Unfortunately they're not too great.  If you figure out a good mod to make it a signature Big Mac, let me know!

ps9 said:
qwerty said:

Wait you used a coupon?  I'm taping up a $5 bill somewhere in Irvine in your honor

If it's easy/convenient definitely not opposed to saving money. Eventually TI convinced me to do a 5/1 arm, speaking of which I have four years to go at 2.75%.  I even got gas at Costco the other day, granted I was leaving Petsmart and it was like 8am and there was no line.

aquabliss said:
qwerty said:

Unfortunately they're not too great.  If you figure out a good mod to make it a signature Big Mac, let me know!

I got the pico de gallo burger but told the guy I just wanted ketchup and Big Mac sauce. So half way there. The burger was ok. I thought the bread was a bit too dense. For $5 I'd rather get an actual Big Mac than a craft burger. But then I'd rather get a tavern double than a Big Mac

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
qwerty said:

I got the pico de gallo burger but told the guy I just wanted ketchup and Big Mac sauce. So half way there. The burger was ok. I thought the bread was a bit too dense. For $5 I'd rather get an actual Big Mac than a craft burger. But then I'd rather get a tavern double than a Big Mac

Hmm then change the leaf lettuce to shredded and you're nearly there... Add those onion strings from the bbq burger, even better.  I'm sure there will be 20+ More Angels home runs this seasons.  We'll get it right eventually.

Tavern Double is good but I still think double double animal style has it beat.  Also have you tried the burgers at Cheesecake Factory?  They're all pretty darn good.  My all time favorite was the Tons of Fun burger but they don't make it anymore.  RIP tons of fun.https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-cheesecake-factory-west-hartford-2?select=p9wc2oseRmxp3Zuln80SCQ

@aqua - yeah I've tried a lot of Cheesecake Factory burgers, I agree, all very good. They had a western BBQ (fried onion strings and a BBQ ranch sauce) that was really good. The all American (with chips in the burger) is really good, the Kobe is really good. Occasionally illl get the sliders which are awesome. 

Sometimes I'll go to the bar at mortons for lunch. Excellent burger and filet mignon sliders.

Damn, All I'll be thinking about now is food Until lunch rolls around.

Qwerty using coupons and fuel up at Costco!?

I think it's time to sell stocks and embarrassing for a housing downturn.  :)

Dang... I though qwerger only ate McDs burgers.

The best cheap burgers to me are BKs cheeseburgers (used to be $1) and the Big Burger w/ Cheese at Carls Jr (I think it's $2 now). I guess I prefer flame broiled.

Anything more expensive... I'd rather order something else than a burger. Although... the burger at Paul Martin's is very good.

We need to make this thread more active with food prices getting out of control. Also the good deals on Retail Therapy got much worse with the recent update.

I went to Kabob House today (Culver and Walnut by Omomo). On Saturday’s and Sunday’s they have free kids meals (cost $8) with purchase of a wrap or plate. My son really wanted the wrap so I sacrificed and ate his kids meal - was filling enough for me.

Anyone else have some Dining Deals to share for the upcoming Holiday weeks where I’ll probably be eating out almost every night? $$$

McDonalds - 2 McDoubles for $4 - best deal out there right now

Red Robin - kids meals half off (up to 4 kids meals)with the purchase of one entree/burger

I’m not a beacon of health so that’s all I got :)

McDonalds - 2 McDoubles for $4 - best deal out there right now

Red Robin - kids meals half off (up to 4 kids meals)with the purchase of one entree/burger

I’m not a beacon of health so that’s all I got :)

Here's my dirty little secret...when they have a special for the Big Mac on my McDonalds app I'll get 2 McDoubles then take the patties out of those and put them into the Big Mac and create a Mega Mac with 6 paddies....SOOOOO GOOD!

Here's my dirty little secret...when they have a special for the Big Mac on my McDonalds app I'll get 2 McDoubles then take the patties out of those and put them into the Big Mac and create a Mega Mac with 6 paddies....SOOOOO GOOD!
I’ll have to try the Mega Mac :)

You can also make your own mini macs by requesting them to add the mac sauce to the McDoubles.

On mondays the the McDonald’s on culver/Irvine Blvd has Big Macs for $2.50. I think the one on jamboree/barranca also has them for $2.50 on Mondays but don’t frequent that one as often.

Most McDs have Big Mac Mondays.

I think the other non-app specials are BOGO Breakfast Sandwich on Wed and FiletOFish Fridays.

I’ll have to try the Mega Mac :)

You can also make your own mini macs by requesting them to add the mac sauce to the McDoubles.

On mondays the the McDonald’s on culver/Irvine Blvd has Big Macs for $2.50. I think the one on jamboree/barranca also has them for $2.50 on Mondays but don’t frequent that one as often.

If you have the McDonalds app, they have a free Big Mac with a purchase of $1 or more because the Chargers scored 2 TDs yesterday today. So guess where I'm going for lunch today? :D

Back