Iron Ridge - LandSea Homes Lake Forest

Irvinecommuter said:
$400 HOA for attached condo seems pretty normal...usually 2 HOA.

A number of Irvine attached condos had HOAs closer to $500

Most newer Irvine attached condos have HOAs of around $300-$350 (which include both the Village HOA and Condo HOA).  The high rise condos and the CPW condos have higher HOAs as do some of the Woodbridge condos.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
$400 HOA for attached condo seems pretty normal...usually 2 HOA.

A number of Irvine attached condos had HOAs closer to $500

Most newer Irvine attached condos have HOAs of around $300-$350 (which include both the Village HOA and Condo HOA).  The high rise condos and the CPW condos have higher HOAs as do some of the Woodbridge condos.

You are right...Eastwood is like $300 to $350...but $400 doesn't see that crazy. 

It would depend on the insurance rates and the number of units respective to build out.

Im not a fan HOAs in general. The spending, the rules, potential speeding and other moving violations.

So you pay x amount of dollars to the HOA. Then they pay a property management group to manage the day to say. A lot of red tape.

eyephone said:
Im not a fan HOAs in general. The spending, the rules, potential speeding and other moving violations.

So you pay x amount of dollars to the HOA. Then they pay a property management group to manage the day to say. A lot of red tape.

HOA insurance policies also crappy.  You really need to get your own HO policy.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Upside I see is the upkeep of the place. They make it look nice. (Not all places HOAs look nice)

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Upside I see is the upkeep of the place. They make it look nice. (Not all places HOAs look nice)

And avoid neighbor disputes about who is responsible for what.

Looks like the development is going for the eco look so I can see what HOA is more expensive.

How about competitive biddding? Do all HOAs request multiple bids for maintenance and other projects? (Quality has to be good but also the price)

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

And avoid neighbor disputes about who is responsible for what.

Looks like the development is going for the eco look so I can see what HOA is more expensive.

Oh cool. I don?t know nothing about this land and see home

eyephone said:
How about competitive biddding? Do all HOAs request multiple bids for maintenance and other projects? (Quality has to be good but also the price)

For maintenance, they usually differ to management company.  For special stuff, I think they have bids.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

For maintenance, they usually differ to management company.  For special stuff, I think they have bids.

I know some HOAs they don?t bid.

Mety said:
So how much exactly are the HOAs and MR from this tract?

Nm, SGIP already posted this originally -

HOA dues - $179 at construction, projected $229 at build out
Property Tax - estimated at 1.12%

HOA is kinda high, but MR doesn't seems too bad if the total is 1.12%

Mety said:
Mety said:

Remember invest in Cash flow properties only.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Mety said:

If you put about 40-50% downpayment, I think it gets cash flow pretty easily.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Mety said:

If you put about 40-50% downpayment, I think it gets cash flow pretty easily.

Not to change the subject. But I wonder how?s that guy who bought the 3 story townhome kbh in Ps.

Reviewing purchase terms with a client at least one of the IronRidge tracts is offering $20k off standing inventory with another $10k off closing costs for a 30 day closing. The catch is that you have to use the builders lender.

In this case that works out to around .03% of the sales price. Given the rate quoted by the builders preferred lender, most of this "$30,000 concession" can be made up with the lender rebate at such a high rate being charged.

My .02c 

Spouse and I went to look at copperleaf. Was only interested in plan 6. Completely turned off by the fact that the plan 6 (biggest plan) was not an end unit. No porch, patio, or balcony either. I believe most the other units had either a patio or balcony. Sales guy was trying to get us to look at the unit in front of a park, knocking off the lot premium because it needed to sell so they could start on the other buildings.

Didn't like the location of the community pool either.

Overall, on paper it looks like it has potential. In reality we didn't like it at all.

Only looking at new builds?

jaycee said:
Spouse and I went to look at copperleaf. Was only interested in plan 6. Completely turned off by the fact that the plan 6 (biggest plan) was not an end unit. No porch, patio, or balcony either. I believe most the other units had either a patio or balcony. Sales guy was trying to get us to look at the unit in front of a park, knocking off the lot premium because it needed to sell so they could start on the other buildings.

Overall, on paper it looks like it has potential. In reality we didn't like it at all.

jaycee said:

It's also 3 levels and has an HOA over $400/month....that won't help sales.

Back