Inventory creeping up?

H        O        M        E        R said:
IrvineRealtor said:
H        O        M        E        R said:
For the Realtors and Buyers out there right now... Is there still a lot of Chinese money and over asking offers?

Yes and Yes.
(Lots of other-than-Chinese money, as well.)

darn those rich Chinese folks... and those other folks  :p
Remember, the F in FCB stands for "Foreign" not just "Feng Shui".

I've been seeing a lot of closed homes have cash next to Buyer's Financing on RedFin in areas that are not known for their Asian populations too.  Seems like people of all backgrounds with money are spending it.

gwailo168 said:
I've been seeing a lot of closed homes have cash next to Buyer's Financing on RedFin in areas that are not known for their Asian populations too.  Seems like people of all backgrounds with money are spending it.

Those are where the asians who go outbid are buying.

test said:
gwailo168 said:

Those are where the asians who go outbid are buying.

test making assumptions here again without having anything to backup his/her statements. Like they say, intelligence minus purpose equals stupidity.

If you include the foreclosure homes and new homes, we are more closer to 600+ listings.  My relative is currently looking for a home in Irvine and one of the seller is willing to come down $100k from the listing pricing.  Based on the ground level action it doesnt feel like a seller's market and looks like its tipping over or reaching a equilibrium.

Goriot said:
If you include the foreclosure homes and new homes, we are more closer to 600+ listings.  My relative is currently looking for a home in Irvine and one of the seller is willing to come down $100k from the listing pricing.  Based on the ground level action it doesnt feel like a seller's market and looks like its tipping over or reaching a equilibrium.
My sales do not include new home sales.  Most all new home developments have waiting listings (you can't walk in and buy an available lot).  It's still a seller's market, but definitely not as strong as we saw 3-4 months ago.  There are still many homes, especially in desirable locations with good floor plans, are still flying into escrow and selling for above list price with multiple offers. 

furioussugar said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Goriot said:
My sales do not include new home sales.  Most all new home developments have waiting listings (you can't walk in and buy an available lot).  It's still a seller's market, but definitely not as strong as we saw 3-4 months ago.  There are still many homes, especially in desirable locations with good floor plans, are still flying into escrow and selling for above list price with multiple offers. 

Are you seeing any difference in the buyers?  (ie.  more/ less investors vs. people purchasing for their main residence)
Over the past 6-9 months, I've had a number of my previous clients contact me concerning buying a rental property and a few that are considering selling their homes this year.

USCTrojanCPA said:
furioussugar said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Goriot said:

Are you seeing any difference in the buyers?  (ie.  more/ less investors vs. people purchasing for their main residence)
Over the past 6-9 months, I've had a number of my previous clients contact me concerning buying a rental property and a few that are considering selling their homes this year.

Ahh...Wise people to cash out now!

519 today.

So a move from 324 to 519 in less then 2 months (+195).

I am no real estate expert and I know that summer time brings out more listings, so I pose the question to the experts on this board. Is this a significant move in this time frame or is it typical summer time inventory fluctuation?

rickr said:
324 on Redfin this morning.

I feel it's a significant move since the last almost 2 years, it hasn't had this kind of up movement during the summer season.

I'm starting to notice multiple properties that are the same model on the market now.  Never really saw this during the last 12 months.  Interesting to see the pricing methods when there are identical models selling at the same time.

test said:
quattroporte said:
526 as of 1:48 PM today. Source: Redfin.

526 homes you can't afford.  Why do you torture yourself like this?

yawn-new.gif
  *Yawn* This is getting old now test, think of something new.

Test, you talk about quattroporte  not being able to afford Irvine multiple times already.  It's like a broken record.  There is no new content.  If you are going to put him down atleast make it interesting.  You are here to entertain me...all of you are....that's why I read this board.

test said:
You trolling these forums is getting old.

What, within reason, would have to happen in order to move on? I'll take no reply or an unreasonable one to mean that there is no interest in switching gears and therefore it is out of Quattro's hands.

Back