Interesting/Amusing Property Finds

Can someone set the record straight for me...why the heck do you ever need two satellite dishes on the roof? I've know a few ppl with satellite TV, and they all have one dish.

I see two dishes on the roof from time to time and don't get it. Please don't tell me they actually have that many TVs.

I've always wanted three mounted flat-screen TVs in my living room. You can watch 3 football or hockey games at the same time...that would be awesome. You can switch the sound back and forth. One day...I'll start by getting a home though!

"I've always wanted three mounted flat-screen TVs in my living room. You can watch 3 football or hockey games at the same time...that would be awesome. "

I had two TVs in the same room in college - it was great, even though my 2nd was pretty small. Three would be even better - I'd personally go with one huge one in the middle, then two that are a bit smaller on either side. If you've ever been to Graceland, you saw Elvis had a room with multiple TVs. He apparently got the idea from LBJ. I say if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

My wife would leave me in two seconds flat if I ever did it, though.

<p>"My wife would leave me in two seconds flat if I ever did it, though. " LOL!</p>

<p>Yeah, it's all about trade-offs...you got to let her have something she really wants.</p>

<p>Another idea would be to have this in the sports room, with a bar and a pool table!</p>

Nice yard and pool. What would it rent for? I like IR's method of figuring what a property is worth by using a multiplier to monthly rental rate.

To me it can't be worth less than $250/sq. ft. so that's $625,000 minimum. As far as renting...I wouldn't rent such a big house, but I would imagine it's around $3,500? times 160, that's $560,000. Whenever I look at it like that, the rent multiplier is less than the value on a $/sq. ft. basis. Maybe my rent guesses are all wrong! I would probably pay $650,000 for it today. Am I crazy?

<p>why do you think 2500 sq. ft. is big? my townhome is 2000 and there isn't enough space for the 3 of us. </p>

<p>and 650K seems like a reasonable price for it. Although I'd personally start with 500K just to see how desperate they are...</p>

<p>there is a single story SFR (1600 sq. ft.) listed for sale in Laguna Niguel for 499K, 2 miles from the beach, so should you pay 150K more just to get 400 sq. ft. more in Irvine? up to you...</p>

<p>with pleasure, I can't believe myself that SFR would go for 500K: </p>

<p> http://homeseekers.com/Scripts/detail.asp?_org_id=casocal&_uid=31190E23-FAE5-449D-A9ED-ADBEF42F0202&_current=2&mls_property_id=L23444&_per_id=&_vp_cb=</p>

caliguy:

That is a seperate sattlite dish so the user can get international programming via DirectTV hardware off of another sattlite that doesn't carry normal DTV content. From what I understand, India, Japan, and China are pretty common and the users pay a sizable fee to get three or four channels from back home.

<p>I can't believe this has been bult in 1999. It looks 30 years old....the carpet is awful.</p>

<p>As you are saying this won't go for $500k, anyhow I would be willing to spend a lot more on a home with a backyard, a pool, and 900 sq. ft. bigger.</p>

<p>Also, we are only 2 right now, me and my wife, so as far as renting 2 bedroom is good enough. But if I was to buy with the inted of staying 10 years there before moving up, I would like something in this size range.</p>

<p>me too, I personally don't think that 500K house is a good buy, looks kind of crappy to me..But the fact that SFR prices in LN hit 500K mark is pretty amazing...It used to be at least 700K</p>

<p>another interesting property find (I just love that realtor's excitement about the fact that the seller did not have a permit)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>http://homeseekers.com/Scripts/detail.asp?_org_id=casocal&_uid=31190E23-FAE5-449D-A9ED-ADBEF42F0202&_current=1&mls_property_id=S507066&_per_id=&_vp_cb=</p>

****Home Needs Work*** Corner Lot ** Seller Added A Room Addition- Buyer To Verify Permit -If Any * Needs A Kitchen - Started A Remodel And Was Unable To Complete It!! Fairly Newer Roof * Upgraded Cross Brick Driveway * Cozy Fireplace In Living Room ** Single Level - Four Bedroom Home ** Great Opportunity!

I know the area - that's a senior community (not sure if it's officially all seniors or anything, but heavily concentrated with the older crowd).

<p>Is there any way to circumvent the age requirements in places like Laguna Woods?</p>

<p>Can they legally enforce them? Isn't that discrimination?</p>

<p>They sure can enforce them.</p>

<p>I think there is a federal law to that effect, but it has been fought often enough in Florida that nobody tries anymore. </p>

<p>Seniors are allowed to discriminate. We also get in movies cheaper, get cheaper food if we want etc.</p>

<p>I don't think any of it is fair. Young families, if anybody, should get the discounts.</p>

<p>I don't want the discount. Hell, I'd pay a premium. I want to move into a neighborhood full of Seniors - for a variety of reasons. </p>

<p>That's why I asked if there was a way around it. I'm 17 years away............</p>

<p><em>That's why I asked if there was a way around it. I'm 17 years away............</em></p>

<p>Marry up. Only one spouse of the couple needs to meet residency age. There has been more than one lawsuit in Calfiornia trying to kick a surviving 40-something spouse out of the senior community,</p>

<p> </p>

Back