INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

eyephone said:
I dont want no agents or any company messaging or dming any nasty messages. Because I will not respond or will do the same.

What the hell are you talking about and what does that have to do with a discussion about inflation?  It's not all about you Eye. ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
I dont want no agents or any company messaging or dming any nasty messages. Because I will not respond or will do the same.

What the hell are you talking about and what does that have to do with a discussion about inflation?  It's not all about you Eye. ;D ;D >:D

Talk Irvine no rules remember? It is a teaser post to the new thread.

OCtoSV said:
You need to pull the trigger now - the 8.16 kW / 3 PW system I paid $40K for 2 yrs ago is now almost $100K. Looking forward to settling up with PGE NEM in April. Love charging my bargain base Model 3 with free electrons via a heavily subsidized infrastructure (hello 5 figure tax refund) vs >$5/gal up here now, going to $10/gal IMO. I would imagine this has also significantly increased the value of my home. Go for it.

Eh?  I price it out today and 9.6KW with 3PW is 47k before incentives.  Tough decision.  The 3rd PW is iffy.  We would waste a fair amount of energy without a 3rd PW, but with it, it we would waste some anyway.  We only use about 4kw-h during the day when the sun is up; most of our usage is after 6PM.  And I don't think 3PW would be enough for us to go off grid, which is what I was hoping for.

My wife drives a Leaf, but we wouldn't save all that much with solar.  We spend about $100/year to charge her car.  I have a Taycan in the corner of my eye as a dream upgrade, but I don't drive much either.  I think we're around 8000 miles/year combined.

daedalus said:
OCtoSV said:
You need to pull the trigger now - the 8.16 kW / 3 PW system I paid $40K for 2 yrs ago is now almost $100K. Looking forward to settling up with PGE NEM in April. Love charging my bargain base Model 3 with free electrons via a heavily subsidized infrastructure (hello 5 figure tax refund) vs >$5/gal up here now, going to $10/gal IMO. I would imagine this has also significantly increased the value of my home. Go for it.

Eh?  I price it out today and 9.6KW with 3PW is 47k before incentives.  Tough decision.  The 3rd PW is iffy.  We would waste a fair amount of energy without a 3rd PW, but with it, it we would waste some anyway.  We only use about 4kw-h during the day when the sun is up; most of our usage is after 6PM.  And I don't think 3PW would be enough for us to go off grid, which is what I was hoping for.

My wife drives a Leaf, but we wouldn't save all that much with solar.  We spend about $100/year to charge her car.  I have a Taycan in the corner of my eye as a dream upgrade, but I don't drive much either.  I think we're around 8000 miles/year combined.

Yeah, I'm eyeing either a cross turismo taycan or maybe I'll wait for the EV Macan.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yeah, I'm eyeing either a cross turismo taycan or maybe I'll wait for the EV Macan.

But see, for me, it's a "dream upgrade", whereas for you it's yet just another trip down to the Porsche dealer on a day that ends in "Y".  Maybe you buy it and let me get it off you used when you get tired of it in August?  Please?  :D

daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

But see, for me, it's a "dream upgrade", whereas for you it's yet just another trip down to the Porsche dealer on a day that ends in "Y".  Maybe you buy it and let me get it off you used when you get tired of it in August?  Please?  :D

Well funny that you say that but I do go through my daily drivers every 12-18 months because I rack up big miles on the cars (I have almost 30k miles on my Macan in 14 months and have a new Macan coming April/May because I will not own a Porsche out of warranty which happens at 40k miles).  I may pick up the taycan this year to get the tax credit of $7,500 and then swap it once the new EV Macan comes out so I can give you dibs on the taycan. I do have to keep churning through non-GT cars to get my GT addiction satisfied at MSRP.  haha

That?s sort of my point boys?.would you do anything if it weren?t for subsidies and tax incentives?  What if none existed? Would your decisions, Hopes and dreams be the same?

morekaos said:
That?s sort of my point boys?.would you do anything if it weren?t for subsidies and tax incentives?  What if none existed? Would your decisions, Hopes and dreams be the same?
Personally, I see the Taycan and read the reviews, and my lizard brain simply says "I WANT IT!!!" before I even see the price, and I'm too much of a neanderthal to even consider what incentives there might be.  I would probably buy used, so they don't affect the process directly from my point of view.  Whether it's powered by gas, electric, steam or pixie dust isn't really a factor either.

As for solar power, yeah, it's all about the $$$ benefit.  The incentives might be enough to push me into it.  Without the incentives, no, it's not close enough to penciling.

morekaos said:

I'm not a good person to ask as I churn through daily drivers so quickly and I keep going back to Porsche to stay up the food chain so I can get my GT cars at MSRP.  I'd buy the taycan without the tax credit as another car to churn through and stay a good customer for my dealer.

morekaos said:
Recession is the natural next stop in the business cycle...Fed rate hikes will be steep and the recession will be sharp and painful.  People always demonize recession but they are natural and have a certain cleansing effect on the economy.  Washing out inefficiencies and clearing the way for the next expansion phase.  It's why they call it a cycle...it is coming whether you like it or not.

We haven?t allowed that clean out since 1999.  What makes you think it will be allowed this time.

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:
Recession is the natural next stop in the business cycle...Fed rate hikes will be steep and the recession will be sharp and painful.  People always demonize recession but they are natural and have a certain cleansing effect on the economy.  Washing out inefficiencies and clearing the way for the next expansion phase.  It's why they call it a cycle...it is coming whether you like it or not.

We haven?t allowed that clean out since 1999.  What makes you think it will be allowed this time.

At this point..it can't be stopped.  There was a chance to reduce the hit but that's gone.  Besides we deserve this, right?
We can afford it and its our duty...inflation is your friend so shut your wealthy, privileged trap and take it...Recession gonna recession now.

Wealthy George Takei says already-struggling Americans ?can endure higher prices? to fight tyranny

Following in the clueless footsteps of White House press secretary Jen Psaki who asserted that skyrocketing gas prices are Russia?s fault, out-of-touch wealthy elitist actor George Takei tweeted that Americans paying higher prices was worth it to punish President Vladimir Putin.

?Americans: We can endure higher prices for food and gas if it means putting the screws to Putin. Consider it a patriotic donation in the fight for freedom over tyranny,? Takei stated in his best ?Let them eat cake!? voice.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/0...ndure-higher-prices-to-fight-tyranny-1209000/

morekaos said:
nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:

At this point..it can't be stopped.  There was a chance to reduce the hit but that's gone.  Besides we deserve this, right?
We can afford it and its our duty...inflation is your friend so shut your wealthy, privileged trap and take it...Recession gonna recession now.

Wealthy George Takei says already-struggling Americans ?can endure higher prices? to fight tyranny

Following in the clueless footsteps of White House press secretary Jen Psaki who asserted that skyrocketing gas prices are Russia?s fault, out-of-touch wealthy elitist actor George Takei tweeted that Americans paying higher prices was worth it to punish President Vladimir Putin.

?Americans: We can endure higher prices for food and gas if it means putting the screws to Putin. Consider it a patriotic donation in the fight for freedom over tyranny,? Takei stated in his best ?Let them eat cake!? voice.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/0...ndure-higher-prices-to-fight-tyranny-1209000/

Wow... this is a slippery slope argument.  Especially for a guy that grew up in a Japanese internment camp.

Speaking of inflation....the Costco gas lines the past 3-4 days were 2-3x longer than I've seen recently.  Are people now trying to hoard gas? 

morekaos said:
Welcome back Jimmy Carter/Biden...

Back to the Seventies?

AMBRIDGE ? With the United States? disastrous exit from Afghanistan, the parallels between the 2020s and the 1970s just keep growing. Has a sustained period of high inflation just become much more likely? Until recently, I would have said the odds were clearly against it. Now, I am not so sure, especially looking ahead a few years.

Many economists seem to view inflation as a purely technocratic problem, and most central bankers would like to believe that. In fact, the roots of sustained inflation mainly stem from political economy problems, and here the long list of similarities between the 1970s and today is unsettling

The global economy suffered a massive supply shock in the 1970s, as Middle East countries massively hiked the price of oil they charged the rest of the world. Today, protectionism and a retreat from global supply chains constitutes an equally consequential negative supply shock.

Finally, in the late 1960s and 1970s, huge increases in government spending were not matched by higher taxes on the wealthy. The spending increases stemmed in part from US President Lyndon B. Johnson?s ?Great Society? programs in the 1960s, later amplified by the soaring cost of the Vietnam War. First Johnson and then Nixon were reluctant to raise taxes to pay for these costs, fearing a loss of political support. In recent years, first the Trump tax cuts, then pandemic-related catastrophe relief, and now progressive plans to expand the social safety net have hit the federal budget hard. Plans to fund these costs by raising taxes only on the rich will likely fall far short.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/america-facing-1970s-style-stagflation-threat-by-kenneth-rogoff-2021-08

Here we go....

Skyrocketing oil and gas prices are forecast to hit RECESSION-LEVEL highs that threaten to tank the US economy and Biden has no solutions to stop it, writes global energy analyst STEPHEN SCHORK

Stephen Schork is the Cofounder and Principal of The Schork Report, a daily subscription newsletter on the energy cash and financial markets

Gas prices are skyrocketing around the U.S. and there's no sign of relief in sight.

If the average cost of a gallon of gas continues to climb, as I predict that it will, not only will hard-pressed Americans feel an enormous additional financial burden but the entire economy will face an increased risk of recession.

t didn't need to be this way.

Delusional energy policy driven by Democrats' self-destructive climate change politics have hammered U.S. energy producers and left the county at the mercy of foreign adversaries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10586163/Skyrocketing-oil-gas-prices-forecast-hit-RECESSION-LEVEL-highs-analyst-STEPHEN-SCHORK.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

STOP CHERRY PICKING DATA!!!! 

Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg

daedalus said:
OCtoSV said:

my electrician up here told me a few months back he had multiple clients that were in process or waiting on Tesla installations and they were paying an avg of $80K. SoCal may have better inventory of parts and electrical contractors and lower relative demand than the Bay area which could result in better pricing.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Speaking of inflation....the Costco gas lines the past 3-4 days were 2-3x longer than I've seen recently.  Are people now trying to hoard gas? 

I went to get takeout nearby yesterday and told my wife it was only a matter of time before people start lining up at 5am to get gas at Costco. What I still don?t get is there are plenty of high end cars in that long as line. They have to be able to afford the extra $10-$15 per fillup.

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I went to get takeout nearby yesterday and told my wife it was only a matter of time before people start lining up at 5am to get gas at Costco. What I still don?t get is there are plenty of high end cars in that long as line. They have to be able to afford the extra $10-$15 per fillup.

Alot of well off people got that way by being savers/investors and they ain't about to spend more than they have to on gas.

Price of gas is up 90 cents at the costco on Park, 30-50 cents in AZ. How is that? We get ripped off at every opportunity here.

If you?re  going to penny pinch with gas prices, you shouldn?t be buying high end cars. Wasting 30 or more minutes at Costco gas line, lol.

Back