INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND

Wages are rising, but inflation may have given workers a 2% pay cut

Average hourly wages grew 3.6% in June relative to last year, the most in more than a decade.
However, inflation essentially gave the average worker about a 2% pay cut, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
[url]https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/wages-are-rising-but-has-inflation-given-workers-a-2percent-pay-cut.html[/url]

Shake Shack plans to hike menu prices 3.5% to offset the rising cost of ingredients and labor as inflation continues to soar nationwide
Shake Shack warned that it will likely raise prices more than it's usual 2% hike

CFO Katherine Fogerty said inflation is raising costs for the burger chain
Shake Shack also hiked its fee for third-party delivery services to 10%
Chain popular in NYC says sales are still not back to pre-pandemic levels

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9880381/Shake-Shack-plans-hike-menu-prices-3-5-offset-rising-cost-ingredients.html

Attachments

• ididthat.png
    ididthat.png
    326 KB · Views: 148
Yeah I preferred it when I would get a raise and prices remained flat. So much for that.

Inflation is still here and is still going higher.

How long does it take a company in USA to receive parts after ordering from an Asian vendor?
For the computer parts industry if you order today 08.10.2021, you will get your parts in your CA warehouse after the Chinese New year.

They are suffering the semiconductor shortage as well as the ocean freight delays.

This should really help...

Can't find what you need at the store? 'Out of stock' is a sign of the times
Shortages show breadth, persistence of chaos roiling the global economy.

Before the pandemic, shipping a 40-foot container of games from Shanghai to the warehouse he uses in Michigan cost $6,000 to $7,000, Poses said. His next shipment, scheduled to leave China in mid-September, will cost at least $26,000. And his freight agent warned him that the price will most likely rise, to $35,000, because of rail and trucking difficulties in the United States.

https://www.startribune.com/out-of-stock-a-sign-of-the-times/600092398/

Take one look out from the beach on a clear day, our ocean is a parking lot of container ships queued and waiting for the port.

Someone tell the fake guy to wake up. Huge demand is driving up prices.
1. That there was a mad dash for gpus, cpus, miners because of the of crypto. There still is a huge demand even after the LHR (limited hash rate) gpus. Just recently a lot of people were waiting or camping in line at Best Buy for gpus. Through out the pandemic people were lining up in front of stores even based on rumor of store shipment with no guarantee of the store receiving one. Some stores are forcing people to buy combos in order to receive a gpu or other item. This was primarily done during black friday or holiday season in the past. For example, if you a person wants a gpu they have to enter a raffle and if they win then they can buy the gpu, with monitor, motherboard, power supply, gaming case. (combination may vary)
Another way, is to sign up on the website to get email if stock is available. I know someone that waited more than 6 months and got an email that he can buy the gpu at retail price. Scalpers or individuals have sold gpus for double the price or more.
2. Demand for cars soar through the roof. (New and used) Many dealerships not receiving top selling cars or maybe only receiving 1.
3. Other collectables huge demand. Such as Pokemon cards. People waiting in front of Target and Walmart for Pokemon cards. (I am not sure if target still does lines for Pokemon cards) Special clothing/shoe releases.
4. Home goods/home improvement/construction. There has been a huge demand.
5. Electronics - huge demand
6. Video game system - huge demand for the new systems
7. Weights - people creating a home gym

Many more to list. Huge resale market for items mentioned above. Huge demand for everything and not enough supply. If you just woke up and did not know what realize what is happening. Then I suggest you drink some coffee. I know people quit their job just to do resell online.

Welcome back Jimmy Carter/Biden...

Back to the Seventies?

AMBRIDGE ? With the United States? disastrous exit from Afghanistan, the parallels between the 2020s and the 1970s just keep growing. Has a sustained period of high inflation just become much more likely? Until recently, I would have said the odds were clearly against it. Now, I am not so sure, especially looking ahead a few years.

Many economists seem to view inflation as a purely technocratic problem, and most central bankers would like to believe that. In fact, the roots of sustained inflation mainly stem from political economy problems, and here the long list of similarities between the 1970s and today is unsettling

The global economy suffered a massive supply shock in the 1970s, as Middle East countries massively hiked the price of oil they charged the rest of the world. Today, protectionism and a retreat from global supply chains constitutes an equally consequential negative supply shock.

Finally, in the late 1960s and 1970s, huge increases in government spending were not matched by higher taxes on the wealthy. The spending increases stemmed in part from US President Lyndon B. Johnson?s ?Great Society? programs in the 1960s, later amplified by the soaring cost of the Vietnam War. First Johnson and then Nixon were reluctant to raise taxes to pay for these costs, fearing a loss of political support. In recent years, first the Trump tax cuts, then pandemic-related catastrophe relief, and now progressive plans to expand the social safety net have hit the federal budget hard. Plans to fund these costs by raising taxes only on the rich will likely fall far short.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/america-facing-1970s-style-stagflation-threat-by-kenneth-rogoff-2021-08

Attachments

• ididthat (1).png
    ididthat (1).png
    326 KB · Views: 113
eyephone said:
1. That there was a mad dash for gpus, cpus, miners because of the of crypto. There still is a huge demand even after the LHR (limited hash rate) gpus. Just recently a lot of people were waiting or camping in line at Best Buy for gpus. Through out the pandemic people were lining up in front of stores even based on rumor of store shipment with no guarantee of the store receiving one. Some stores are forcing people to buy combos in order to receive a gpu or other item. This was primarily done during black friday or holiday season in the past. For example, if you a person wants a gpu they have to enter a raffle and if they win then they can buy the gpu, with monitor, motherboard, power supply, gaming case. (combination may vary)
Another way, is to sign up on the website to get email if stock is available. I know someone that waited more than 6 months and got an email that he can buy the gpu at retail price. Scalpers or individuals have sold gpus for double the price or more.
2. Demand for cars soar through the roof. (New and used) Many dealerships not receiving top selling cars or maybe only receiving 1.
3. Other collectables huge demand. Such as Pokemon cards. People waiting in front of Target and Walmart for Pokemon cards. (I am not sure if target still does lines for Pokemon cards) Special clothing/shoe releases.

Many more to list. Huge resale market for items mentioned above. Huge demand for everything and not enough supply. If you just woke up and did not know what realize what is happening. Then I suggest you drink some coffee. I know people quit their job just to do resell online.

Fyi - there is an unofficial driver for the new gpus that are lhr. I want to say to get 75% hash rate for ethereum. Huge demand for ethereum because that crypto is used to buy nfts. I guess the so called trend is nft.

* not investment advice

Also, waiting list for Tesla is long due to huge demand. (really LONG =P)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Fyi - there is an unofficial driver for the new gpus that are lhr. I want to say to get 75% hash rate for ethereum. Huge demand for ethereum because that crypto is used to buy nfts. I guess the so called trend is nft. (Baloney)

* not investment advice (Good thing...leave that to the pro's...you would destroy many.)

Also, waiting list for Tesla is long due to huge demand. (really LONG =P)  (LONG Baloney)

eyephone said:
He does not have a counter argument.

Let me again speak plainly...That is not what is driving core inflation.  Tesla sales are a drop in he bucket... and etherium and NFT's are not driving it....There are systemic divers of inflation that have now been set in motion...transportation costs and wages to name a few.  It is in pretty much every category and will not be "transitory"  or "temporary"  as the current administration would like the sheep to believe... buckle up buttercup because it's coming...

Walmart Pay Hike Brings Average Hourly Wage to $16.40

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/walmart-says-pay-increase-brings-average-hourly-wage-to-16-40

They will never get that back...and where do you think they will get the $$ to pay for that hike?...the very definition of inflation.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
He does not have a counter argument.

Let me again speak plainly...That is not what is driving core inflation.  Tesla sales are a drop in he bucket... and etherium and NFT's are not driving it....There are systemic divers of inflation that have now been set in motion...transportation costs and wages to name a few.  It is in pretty much every category and will not be "transitory"  or "temporary"  as the current administration would like the sheep to believe... buckle up buttercup because it's coming...
The fed policy and supply issue. As far as I know, companies are not sitting on inventory in a secret warehouse driving up demand.
I see a double standard for trump only. Have low interest rates.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Fyi - there is an unofficial driver for the new gpus that are lhr. I want to say to get 75% hash rate for ethereum. Huge demand for ethereum because that crypto is used to buy nfts. I guess the so called trend is nft.

* not investment advice

It is hard for people to understand that do not know consumer products.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

* not investment advice

InsideEVs article: Estimated delivery time (new orders) for base versions of all Tesla cars in the U.S. is now 2022.

Estimated delivery time (new orders):

Tesla Model 3:

Standard Range Plus: January 2022 (previously 8?14 weeks)
Long Range: November (no change)
Performance: 5?7 weeks (previously 4?7 weeks)

Tesla Model S:

Long Range: March?April, 2022 (no change)
Plaid: January?February, 2022 (no change)
Tesla Model X:

Plaid: March?April, 2022 (no change)
Tesla Model Y:

Long Range: January 2022 (previously December)
Performance: 5?7 weeks (no change)
The changes of estimated delivery dates to 2022 indicate a much higher demand than supply, but it's impossible to know whether the supply is seriously affected by the production constraints (semiconductor shortage or other bottlenecks) or is mostly demand related.
https://insideevs.com/news/526879/us-order-backlog-tesla-modely/

Note these are estimates. I know someone that is on a waiting list for a model 3. Still waiting and is scheduled to get it soon. Tbd (but not long range)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

* not investment advice

Eye, I am not sure what you really do but I am easily more qualified than you to not only understand these issues but also comment on them with authority. This is the kind of stuff  that is right in my wheelhouse.  My knowledge does not come from some article you read on MSNBC. It comes from over 35 years of actually managing money (real money) for Fortune 100 companies.  A background and degree in Economics/System Sciences with a double in Computer Sciences Mathematics from UCLA.  What qualifies you with special insights or knowledge?

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

* not investment advice

InsideEVs article: Estimated delivery time (new orders) for base versions of all Tesla cars in the U.S. is now 2022.

Estimated delivery time (new orders):

Tesla Model 3:

Standard Range Plus: January 2022 (previously 8?14 weeks)
Long Range: November (no change)
Performance: 5?7 weeks (previously 4?7 weeks)

Tesla Model S:

Plaid: January?February, 2022 (no change)
Tesla Model X:

Plaid: March?April, 2022 (no change)
Tesla Model Y:

Long Range: January 2022 (previously December)
Performance: 5?7 weeks (no change)
The changes of estimated delivery dates to 2022 indicate a much higher demand than supply, but it's impossible to know whether the supply is seriously affected by the production constraints (semiconductor shortage or other bottlenecks) or is mostly demand related.
https://insideevs.com/news/526879/us-order-backlog-tesla-modely/

Note these are estimates. I know someone that is on a waiting list for a model 3. Still waiting and is scheduled to get it soon. Tbd (but not long range)

Who cares?...Teslas total sales only represent around 1.5% of the total US auto sales...practically nothing and therefore growth impacts NOTHING.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

* not investment advice

Eye, I am not sure what you really do but I am easily more qualified than you to not only understand these issues but also comment on them with authority. This is the kind of stuff  that is right in my wheelhouse.  My knowledge does not come from some article you read on MSNBC. It comes from over 35 years of actually managing money (real money) for Fortune 100 companies.  A background and degree in Economics/System Sciences with a double in Computer Sciences Mathematics from UCLA.  What qualifies you with special insights or knowledge?

If you want to pay my consulting fee. You can find out.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

* not investment advice

If you want to pay my consulting fee. You can find out.

I already know you wouldn't qualify for mine but what are your creds?  I'm proud of mine.

Back